Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Why do you have us use Twitch Soundtrack as an approved music source than hit my game stream with a VOD? You approved the music so why may I ask am I and my stream being penalized for it? YOU need to fix this issue ASAP. I've uninstalled the Soundtrack app because of this and will Never use it again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hey Twitch i have a question for you. Since DMCA as taken advantage like others and including myself that uses Twitch Soundtrack. Should Twitch add a feature where broadcasters can sign up for music license to play that music on the stream. I think this great idea for Twitch! Thanks being platform throughout my two years streaming!
    Twitch Affliate,
    NoahTheGamer808tv

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have license to play music from Monstercat. I have a playlist with content creator tracks (no non-licensable tracks). My past 6 streams, I get muted audio. I know exactly what the muted audio is used for, which is muting "copyrighted songs". Which is true, but I pay license to play them. Now, I edit my streams, music still in my videos, and upload them on YouTube, but I don't get claimed there. This is all in Twitch's end. I hope this can be fixed, because I pay money to pay money so I don't get claimed, or muted audio,…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please keep up to date the songs we can play or not. Or give us a precise list of website we can use. Preztel Rocks should be safe for us to use but it seems that it's not anymore ( i got muted part of my stream). Plus, it would be nice to have a way to add a comment when me appeal a muted audio. Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Здравствуйте
    Могу предложить использоваться. Чтобы авторы использовали , музыку с музыкальных площадок. Лично , если бы я был автором музыки , я бы был не против. Так как музыка слушаяется и поднимается в чартах. А автор контента на Twitch , слушает музыку с удовольстивем на фоне.
    Так что , было неплохо , предложить такой вариант авторам музыки.
    Конечно не знаю , как это контролировать. Но как по мне , это самый адекватный вариант.
    Либо придётся писать музыку самим стримерам , а так бы не хотелось)

НАДЕЮСЬ СООБЩЕНИЕ , БУДЕТ УВИДЕНО)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I specifically use the app to avoid DMCA, but now I'm going back through my vod and I see that audio is muted because of copy right... How does that work when this app is supposed to help avoid this, now I'm missing key information on an event even though I was using the app to avoid this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I get it...RIAA is aggressive. However, if ContentID can automatically tag and flag a song by whistling the notes, then I would suggest posting a link automatically to "Purchase this song now on iTUNES, Google Play, Amazon, or listen now on Spotify" over muting a stream.

But I know you don't argue with lawyers, you just do it or get sued with them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a database of commonly struck games that links with Game library on the dashboard. Then have a warning that displays when a streamer changes category to a game that is commonly struck by the game's (or music creator's) rights holder(s) so a streamer is aware and ready to deal action AFTER or make plans before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A notification in the Creator Dashboard of how many strikes you have, any strikes you receive, and the ability to handle said strike.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Months ago, I filed for an appeal on another twitch channel I run and I never got a response. There’s no way for me to contact about being updated. Also, when filing the appeal, there was no way for me to attach proof that I had permission from the artist to use their song. So, attachments when filing an appeal needs to be a thing. And again, I never heard back so that part of the one video is still muted despite appeal being filed months ago and having the artist’s permission in writing

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More details are SPECIFICALLY needed for NO COPYRIGHT SOUNDTRACKS / sounds during streams. A lot of my personal archives and streams get flagged when using songs that have been listed on sources as COPYRIGHT FREE and still get flagged. The same goes for MULTIPLE other channels and something needs to be outlined for this proccess because somewhere, someone is doing something wrong.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. As a music business student and variety/music streamer who's come across people who play unlicensed music on Twitch, I find this topic intriguing. It seems there are many people in the world who don’t understand the intricacies of copyright and if there was something we could do to better explain this to the public, that may help with reducing copyright strikes. Indeed, I often have users come in who are constantly pressuring me to play background music to make the stream more entertaining, but as a Mac user, my options are limited so I prefer to do without.

I personally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I've seen streamers getting strikes on VERY old VODs, but they can't access them to cut any strikeable parts. If you won't make deals or revenue splits, or anything else that would protect your only income, at least make it possible for people to protect themselves on old VODs with problematic music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The automated muting of VODs is unevenly applied and mutes too much.

During a recent co-op stream, me and the other streamer both listened to a song that was posted in one of our chats. My VOD was muted for copyrighted music (which is fair, I'm not disputing that). However, there are two problems with this:

1. My VOD was muted, but the other streamer was not, even though we listened to the >exact< same song.

2. Way too much of my VOD was muted. The muted section of the VOD goes on for far longer than it actually played on the…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why wouldn't Twitch and it's creators create a Music or More than one Music Stations that All creator can use as back ground music for them to use.
    Those that aren't DMCA protected. That way, us Creators, can have a sound of mind list of music that we CAN use instead of always watching what we play on our video's?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Klip alma ayarlarındaki, klipleri etkinleştir seçeneğinde "Canlı veya geçmiş yayınlarınızdan klip oluşturulmasına izin verin." yerine, canlı yayınlar için ayrı geçmiş yayınlar için ayrı etkinleştirme seçeneği olur ise yayıncı canlı yayınlardan klip oluşturulmasını kapatır ve yayın esnasında oluşturulan kliplerdeki DMCA sorunu ortadan kalkar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I only use your player to "listen to music with the assurance that I will not skip the DMCA" and see this:

Twitch Sound Track Music:
    RL Grime featuring Jeremih and Tory Lanez

Vídeo DMCA (Strike + Muted):
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1022547948

Why? Check out the "Artists" who don't sell their Tracks to Record Labels and we'll take these upsets by surprise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Watching your fav streamer is great but sometimes their music choice just does not work well. I suggest having a separate audio channel for streamers who are playing music in the background. By creating a separate channel (or w/e the right word is) the viewer can mute the music w/o having to mute the whole stream.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I recommend adding a feature that allows a streamer to submit a link to a song/upload a song, and has the Twitch system check if that song is considered DMCA. If the song is not DMCA, then streamers can go ahead and use it. They won't be anxious about "testing" it on stream and potentially getting a strike. If not, then they won't use it.

Not every song is particularly clear cut based on research alone- there's a lot of haziness and this way we can all alleviate some anxiety about this together. Twitch worries less about going through VODs…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There should be a copyright music setting because it's too much work to mute our stream when we can just have a setting to do it for us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?