Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. just do research first before u decide its copyright material

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paying for music license so then copyright is not infringed allows users to be able to livestream and clip videos without being copyright claimed and potentially loosing their place on the platform. During these times twitch and other streaming sites are a life line to musicians

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If I pay to watch vods, then I want to be able to hear the audio. Please lighten up this ridiculous copyright stuff. It is honestly totally absurd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I recently found a loophole with your Soundtrack plugin that allows anyone to use Spotify without any DMCA takedowns/risks. The Soundtrack FAQ states that Voicemeeter is not compatible with Soundtrack, which isn't totally true. If people have Voicemeeter set up in a way that their mic, desktop audio, Spotify audio, etc are in different sources, they can turn those different sources into different tracks. That is how my OBS is set up. Now if I use the plugin, I can make every one of those tracks EXCEPT the SPOTIFY source go into track 6, not allowing the Spotify to go…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. on 20201020 today I used Twitch soundtrack and got a copyright strike , how can that be?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. People use the game category "The movies" which is for the game with the same name as a platform to stream copyright protected movies. It's just a matter of time until someone will notice it.

People stream there Deadpool movies, The whole Indiana Jones saga and Twitch didnt even notice until now and its going on for months now.

Please stop these people and make clear that category is not for streaming movies but for a game called "The movies"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. People use the game category "The movies" which is for the game with the same name as a platform to stream copyright protected movies. It's just a matter of time until someone will notice it.

People stream there Deadpool movies, The whole Indiana Jones saga and Twitch didnt even notice until now and its going on for months now.

Please stop these people and make clear that category is not for streaming movies but for a game called "The movies"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I got a muted section of video recently due to music Fallout 76 creates all by itself, legally in game. How can I defend against that! If I stream my favorite game and someone has the in game radio on, Twitch algorithms will think its DMCA strike time and if this happens one or two more times I will lose my account. Again all for in game music! I am terrified of losing my beloved twitch account, I have come to truly love it here. I am a cyber refugee of the Great Mixer Debacle and don't always know what…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not know if this has already been suggested, since there is not a search function for this, but having the ability to hide/private your clips, vods, and highlights both created by you and your viewers, especially for DMCA material. This would then allow streamers to review their material at their own pace without worrying about publicly viewed clips or vods. They could then decided to delete, export, or re-release their vods and clips to the public.

Haven't checked recently but I do not believe there is a mass export of clips either. This seems like an essential feature to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I don't understand DMCA rule said America copyright protect not say other country but why say DMCA ban all country? other country song not yet complain even not government complain only 1 company complain why ban it just not turn on America song i think it's fine and it is
    if follow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DigitalMillenniumCopyright_Act this rule it means can't edit video and can't play game bc adobe editor and stuff is made America and game made language is America i think this rule means America made show like tonight show stuff ban it and also follow this rule guys…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I think that an App could be created where we could check if the music is copyrighted.
    And if that were found the app would generate the information and a link where the music could be purchased. To put over the screeb Like this:

Song: Holiday
    Artist: Madonna
    Copyright By Sony
    Can be purchased on Amazon

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think, Twitch or the owner of the song coulding put a small note over the live transmition telling viewers that they are the owner of he song. And the song also could be buying at Amazon or somewhere else clicking on the info. In my case Im an old Dj with more de 50 years and I use to play most 70 and 80 and sometimes my guests ask for the name of the song. If there is a link maybe they can be get interesed go out there to buy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to get all of the streaming platforms, some big name streamers from each, some partners, some affiliates, and some just starting to stream, and then get them together with Record Labels, some of their artists who are both for and against us using their songs in online streaming, and a panel of congress men and women to sit down discuss the Copyright and DMCA Laws, and then work together to Change it to benefit everyone.

It's time we sit down and discuss this matter to ensure that things like playing music on a video game stream, is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How about integrating Spotify into Twitch streams, so that creators can start listening to their spotify playlist, which will be linked some tickbox to toggle whether you want to hear the music as well. That way, since it would require all users to have a Spotify account, it wouldn't be a DMCA violation. At the very least, it should help some aspects of this widespread issue and make it easier for creators to safely integrate music to their streams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Not so much an idea, but I and dozens of my DJ friends only signed up with Twitch, because we're all out of work from the pandemic, and livestreaming DJ sets was our only outlet at this time. We don't even really make any profit, short of a few bucks from donations. This is mainly for therapy.

And most of the DJ's I know, don't even play mainstream/top 40 music in our sets. Is there any other legal options, besides doing private Zoom parties, or signing up for a premium Mixcloud account for us? I've been doing a weekly Sunday…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How about making a tool where we're able to link a music streaming platform (Pandora, spotify, SoundCloud) to our twitch.

Maybe you guys can find a license agreement where by having a paid account with the music platform and linking the two, we might be allowed to play music on stream. Maybe with a volume limit.

Perhaps a tool where we can play music from that does not get recorded on the VOD or clips. Kinda like a 2 track system where 1 is left out of the final mix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. DMCA Strikes could be avoided if plagiarism was better explained to streamers.

According to Stephanie Morrow, in her article "Plagiarism: What is it, Exactly?": Plagiarism is a confusing subject, and can often occur without the artist knowing it until it is too late.

If you use another person's work and do not attribute that work to the author, including copying text verbatim, paraphrasing a phrase or summarizing an idea, [or playing a song in the background of your stream], you are essentially committing plagiarism. Plagiarism usually occurs when a writer fails to:

• cite quotes or ideas written by another author;
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I stream my own music, 100% created by me. Many times, this includes improvised material created on the spot - so it would never be trackable via any digital rights system. Twitch gives no guidelines about this, but should call out specific rules to be sure artists like myself are not wrongly accused of a violation.

I am an ASCAP member of 30+ years, but that does nothing to help me in these cases. Material created in an improv context can not go through the same checks and balances as pre-recorded material released via album or download. Twitch needs to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I appreciate that copyright exists and I as a creator need to respect those rules however I believe music is an integral part of my streams and my current growth on twitch. I have no problem removing and replacing some songs in my playlist however there has been a tremendous amount of inconsistency when it comes to what parts of my streams are being muted.

I would love a way of knowing which songs and why are getting copyrighted so I have a chance to learn from the problems and not just be told I'm doing something wrong.

I appreciate…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Modded and hacked games should be banned. Original license games should be shown only Twitch. So the viewers won't be confused.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?