Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I think if Twitch is going to be taking copyright more seriously moving forward, then they need to include video games in that as well. As it stands, there are many streamers, both partnered and otherwise, profiting off someone else's work without their explicit permission or sponsorship. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but video games should require permission/sponsorship to broadcast just like any other copyrighted material.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I see a lot of affiliated and partnered streamers using characters from licensed works without permission as their emotes. Emotes should be regulated the same way as anything else – if you don't have permission from the original creator, you can't use it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The automated muting of VODs is unevenly applied and mutes too much.

During a recent co-op stream, me and the other streamer both listened to a song that was posted in one of our chats. My VOD was muted for copyrighted music (which is fair, I'm not disputing that). However, there are two problems with this:

1. My VOD was muted, but the other streamer was not, even though we listened to the >exact< same song.

2. Way too much of my VOD was muted. The muted section of the VOD goes on for far longer than it actually played on the…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One of the most enjoyable parts of a stream is the music we listen to while watching the stream.  While watching Twitch streams, I was able to meet many singers and musicians, small and big, who became my favorite singers, and I listen to them every day on streaming services.  But now, because of the DMCA law, I can no longer enjoy watching the streams as before, and the singers themselves can no longer take the opportunity to become famous.  Twitch is officially a free ad for them.  I have an idea about this that will make me happy if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Correct me if I'm wrong but cant you just force users to input the song they are listening to on the dashboard (if in twitch music database) this could be aided by a 3rd party application

then have twitch pay the appropriate music producers on a viewer basis (based on percentage to twitch percentage to label) (this could also be brokered if they wanted a top tier musician)

Music producers could run websites like tunecore to distribute their music on the platform

I don't believe all music on twitch must be royalty free

another idea i had is to make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. What to do to avoid a strike if a music author gave me permisison to listen to his/her musical production while streaming on twitch ? Of course I mean permission with proof like message screenshots etc. and no money involved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. me han silenciado un video por erechos de autor de una cancion que sonaba en soundtrack by twitch. o yo no he entendido bien el funcionamiento de soundtrack by twitch, creo que son canciones libres de derechos de autor, o no es clara la politica , no puedo escuchar el tema para verificar si es o no la cancion que pone que he reproducido mientras hacía el directo porque esta silenciada, pero entodocaso, lo que sonaba era soundtrack by twitch en emisora metal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The blanket license has long been recognized as the most efficient and convenient way of clearing copyrights in the United States. It would be time consuming and expensive for you to locate, contact and negotiate with all copyright holders prior to the performance of each song you plan to play.

The U.S. Supreme Court summarized the virtues of the blanket license in CBS v. Broadcast Music, Inc., 441 U.S. 1 (1979) as follows:

"... the blanket license developed ... out of the practical situation in the marketplace: thousands of users, thousands of copyright owners and millions of compositions. Most users…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It seems that the motivation behind the RIAA et al. sending these notices is that they think people are going to watch these streams to listen to music, instead of buying it or listening to it on existing music streaming services. Which is obviously silly, but it made me think that linking back to the official license holder's store or a way to purchase/listen to their music as it comes up in a stream may pacify them. So people who take this option when streaming would be allowed to play music as long as links came automatically in chat, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. https://thetrichordist.com/2019/10/19/music-reports-inc-is-tiktoks-copyright-infringement-dmca-agent/

“ Finally I would like MRI explain to its songwriters and publishers, why it is helping TikTok intimidate songwriters and publishers into NOT filing a DMCA notice. It’s right on the TikTok website. TikTok basically says they will doxx songwriters and publishers if you file a copyright complaint. And where will they get those complaints? From MRI.”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. if twitch had tools to promote the music on stream with links to the music well that would be better. Games that have copyright music in it could be listed on the twitch platform & the streamer could use the game tag so all the songs from the game is listed on the stream to buy.

with the case of the music getting pirated well artist and music companies ect will still at least get some of the revenue and the streamer could promote it more in their stream, the bigger the streamer, the more it sells. no need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A notification on the dashboard when we get a DMCA, in case the email gets caught in a filter, goes to an old account, or doesn't reach us for some other reason.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In your email you state

"For your stream archives (VODs and Clips), right now your only options, if you think they contain unauthorized music, is to either go through them one by one, or, for Clips, use the “delete all” tool we’ve provided."

This is utter ********.

When a streamer is alleged to have violated anything, that allegation should clearly refer to the video that violates, along with timestamps of the time ranges that violate.

Then, the infringing content can be taken down if it is deemed to violate DMCA.

You cannot expect that a streamer should pre-emptively go one…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unlist vods and clips

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DMCA safe music options are all well and good, but is Twitch seeking any partnerships with Amazon Music, Spotify or similar services to offer streamers a way to use popular music while streaming? I know that I, for one, would be willing to pay a reasonable fee and run a bot that announced the song that is playing to provide a convenient link back to where my audience could purchase the track from the rights holder. There's money to be made here, and satisfaction to be had by viewers. Not to mention exposure for artists and rights holders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. we as creators should be able to appeal or submit a ticket to keep our VODS up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Are there any leniency or fair use protection against dmca for IRL streamers if music plays in the background. Can they counter claim the dmca? What are best practices for dealing with music in public.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. my vods are being silenced for no apparent reason, at such a rate im overwhelmed and have no interest in appealing each false claim. and with all these updated DMCA measures i can only imagine this is getting worse. i have no "idea" to fix this. because twitch is obviously protecting themselves and theyre in no way incentivized to protect me, nor make this easy for me. so im left to grind out a number of random appeals a week or just stop using the platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This makes 0 sense. You have no problem banning people for inappropriate content or things you disagree with, yet when DMCA comes down on you, it's up to us as content creators to protect ourselves?

You don't get to regulate a platform, and then things get tough, decide you don't want the responsibility anymore. Either ban content AND protect creators yourselves from the DMCA strikes, or do neither. Doing both shows you're just a bunch of greedy pieces of crap who really don't care about your creators. I know your a company and your main thing is to make money…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The Rhythm Game community is HUGE, but even with all the money you make you aren't trying to get any licensing from anyone to keep your content creators safe? All these streams are either being forced to delete all VODs, making their page empty, which effects their growth. OR they are leaving the platform all together. Other games streams are easy to mute and play other music. You literally can't do that with Rhythm games.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?