Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. If you delete VODs, are they still be targeted by DMCA and give bans?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please help us with showing that we are fully complaint and legally allowed to play music on-line or live. I am a professional DJ and Virtual DJ helps make sure we are legally compliant. There is no reason my videos should be muted... Ever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. This might not be simple but seeing that Twitch has a lot of money, I don't think purchasing music labels is too out of line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For the DMCA / copyright issue, you can agree with youtube somehow and open a bar above the chat (temporary). This bar can be a place behind the song that the broadcaster wants, just like twitch's relationship with the prime video, where we can control the sound ourselves or turn off the song. In this area, the first question is whether the broadcaster can play the song they want in the background, and we have two options: "play" or "not". When you press yes play, let the song play in the back and add to the number of views of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I have 100% rights to my album.
    I want my album to be have no restrictions when it comes to twitch streamers playing it. This is not an "idea" this is a statement and because Twitch will not allow me to email them I am posting this statement here.

My album is: Good Ol Triple - Meet The Outlaw

I hereby allow all Twitch streamers from this moment forward to play my music LIVE on Twitch without any monies allocated to me and without any streamers banned for playing my music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Acho que quando uma musica possui direitos autorais a gravadora poderia ao invés de fazer uma denuncia colocar a sua marca d água em um canto sobre o conteúdo através de uma ferramenta da Twitch informando que aquele conteúdo e de sua propriedade. Afinal rádios divulgam musica e acho que as lives de Djs também. Eu não recebo nenhum valor pelas minhas lives a não ser a satisfação de meus amigos. Estaria também disposto a repassar 100% dos valores auferidos com anúncios das gravadoras pois não faço lives com interesse financeiro.

I think that when a song has copyright, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Una aplicación que permita a los viewers activar la canción que quiere el streamer que se escuche pero que en la repetición no quede grabada y solo se oiga la transmisión

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Laut der SUISA (Schweiz) ist man schon vor einer Einigung, ähnlich wie auf MIXCLOUD ein System zu nutzen?

Es müsste doch für Musikliebhaber auf allen Seiten möglich sein eine Lösung zu finden, dabei wäre eine "Premium Funktion" doch sinnvoll. Wer Musik nutzen möchte, zahlt monatlich einen Beitrag mehr, also der Nutzende und der Konsumierende. Davon profitieren alle, auf Mixcloud funktioniert dies einwandfrei.

Aber wie ist das? Ich sende 1x monatlich aus einem offiziellen Radio Studio, das Lizenzen bezahlt, sprich also auch meine Sendung. Sollte ich ja keine Strikes erhalten?

Gebt DJs bitte auch eine Plattform.... wir brauchen euch und ihr…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Voila ça fait un moment que je vois beaucoup de streameur justifier le fait de passer l’accès de la rediffusion de leur live uniquement a leur abonné a cause du robot qui strike leur vidéo

Ils expliquent que ce robot ne passe que sur les rediffusion public et que donc, de ce fait ils sont obligé de restreindre leur accès pour éviter de se faire attraper par le robot en cas de DMCA

Et forcément quand tu commence a avoir une dizaine de streameur qui utilise cette pratique, tes capacité de rester sur Twitch baisse car l'abonnement a chaque chaîne…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I hope that the overall restructuring will improve the workforce and rationalize the profit generation from secondary authoring.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 트위치에서 라이센스를 구매해서 문제가 없게끔 해주세요

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello The idea is in general ,
    You as a company could turn this around in a bigger picture ,
    here is how you go about this Pitch the idea of using Twitch / Amazon as new way to drive sales for Record labels .
    How it would work ,
    Twitch gets a new part of the UI/UX where the music played in the stream this would be basically be literally a piece of the UX UI that would link to the store where the user could buy 1 song the whole albums , CDs , Vinil, etc .
    why…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 12-11-20 was the first communication from your platform regarding DMCA strikes. I am one of the minnow streamers you decided not to merge into your communication program. DMCA strikes for folks like me - not a concern for Twitch? Not going to expend your resources in that way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using the DMCA sensor data identify the affected frames. Sample the creator voice frequency scope keep it in the resampled version and remove every other sound from the content. Replace the "Striked" content with the DMCA filtered resample. This leads to the possibility of re-usuing the content with the option of the creator ads a new sound layer to the content. In sum give a chance to keep the content, clean of DMCA preserved for the future to see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. First off Twitch, you are very wrong if you think that I or many other affiliate streamers who receive zero exposure from your algorithms are worried about DMCA. Maybe the big streamers are more easily influenced by their contractual obligations, but not the rest of the community who make no profit or gain by streaming on your platform.

Secondly, let's start off with a little about the music industry and licensing itself. As a founder and operator of an online radio station, I have paid alone in licensing/royalties over 8 years close to $10,000. I am a firm believer that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Most game's have licensed music like RDR2 or other games that have music imbedded in at the start middle or otherwise in the game, being muted or getting a strike or muted because of in-game music is a bit wrong when it's outta the streamers hand's no matter how much we minimize thing's like that do happen!! Take a step back for a bit and make sure it's worth a copy right strike!! Those of us that stream the game with no music except for what we can't help during the game shouldn't have to worry about being banned or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. With the vast diversity of streamers ranging from young to old, professional to casual, Twitch needs to assign an expert to review the various EULAs for the games streaming on Twitch. This would provide more efficient, consistent, and helpful EULA interpretation, and it would enable mechanisms for Twitch and game companies to resolve problems with EULAs and potential DMCA issues quickly and efficiently.

Twitch should have one point person (or small team) review legal documents such as EULAs and identify key points relevant to streamers. They should then communicate those points to streamers and build additional relevant safeguards into Twitch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm offering to forfeit a small donation to the respected record companies in exchange to play music. I currently don't have any strikes, and am willing to negotiate a fair charge to be able to play a certain genre of music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You could create a tool to report a copyright claim. This tool would send the id or url (I don't know how you handle that) in order for Twitch to check if the claim is legit and if it is, you can send the notification to the streamer using the id/url of the claimed VOD or clip. By doing that, the streamer will know exactly which VOD/clip has been reported and can act accordingly given the situation.
    That is my idea and I think it could be very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi, I kinda said it all in the title but, you all should work with Bandcamp and independent artists to create a new way to discover music!

This would revolutionize the music industry!!

Please consider.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?