Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. It would be the desireable behaviour from a database like this to treat equally to all the information but in this case Unreal Engine seems to be in privilegie in Twich and here appearing as "a person" and also a engine, a game itself and everywhere else... Not the same case as the others.

In this case Godot Engine is a game itself done with itself... Yeah Godot is a "game" done in Godot Engine... It would be seen as Core in UE (wich is also there in the list, surprise)

It would be good for equality that all users…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Sorry not sure i fully grasp the issue at hand. Currently Twitch does not ingest game engine data from IGDB. So if there is a tag existing for UE that isn’t coming from IGDB.

As a database we do indeed try to be as neutral as possible, and all the engine data we have connected to games get the same treatment in the form of a discovery profile page.
    Here’s the one for Godot Engine: https://www.igdb.com/game_engines/godot-engine

If you have more info on it please feel free to contribute to it, as all of IGDB is user contributable :)

Thanks!

2. When sorting lists by Release Date, titles missing ones are often sorted to the front as future titles, or to identify ones that need a Release Date added. However, cancelled titles never hope to come out, and therefore never will have a date. Ability to disable this setting, or identify the time it was announced as cancelled could alleviate this problem, over a permanent TBA or TBD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A historic data such as followers/viewers would be very nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pick topics on how to review a game

example
    20% gameplay
    80% soundtrack

don't ask the user for a final score determine the total score based on each category

does not have to be my idea though just upvote this if you wanna see a more robust review system

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to contribute to the community by adding qualified category images from IGDB to Twitch. Particularly for the games Dead or Alive 2 and Dead or Alive 3.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As I was in the process of adding a game to the database, I was shown a list of fields into which I could enter URLs to that game's pages on various stores (Steam, GOG, Epic, etc.) but there was no URL field for the Microsoft Store. Why? The Microsoft Store has to be one of the most popular digital game sources. When IGDB adds a field for a Microsoft Store URL, I will edit the game's entry on IGDB to add a link to that game's Microsoft Store page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya! Thanks for the suggestion, definitely a good one.

As a matter of fact we have plans this year to introduce stores, and possibly linking them to “Platforms”. You are correct that windows, XOne, X360 etc.. all have different stores so they would need separate implementation.

Stay tuned!

7. I think one of the sections that need the most contribution, especially in terms of time, is the credits. Having to type each name and title into the given boxes takes quite a lot of time and can be a deterrent.

Since for most games the information is already out there, being able to copy and paste the information into a standard format (maybe word, excel etc.) and then import that into IGDB would really help.

Also, being able to edit them even after the changes have been accepted so people can add different languages/voice actors.

Might also be worth…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to view the cover picture of a game title hovered in the search list when editing a custom list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to add URL links to home pages of subsidiaries and/or departments if they are distinct.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Both Castlevania for the N64 and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness are missing from the Categories menu of Twitch, but they are not missing from IGDB's site. I have spent the better part of two hours trying to figure out how to inform someone, ANYONE, of this (admittedly small) oversight and ended up here.

There has to be a better way to inform Twitch/IGDB of problems of this nature than to wander aimlessly around the Twitch help section, then give up and use the feedback forum, hoping that a relatively minor fix will be noticed by someone with the power and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

For all things IGDB it is best to come to us directly rather than via Twitch help. Our preferred way is via Discord :)

Discord: discord.gg/igdb
    Contact form: https://www.igdb.com/feedbacks/new
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IGDBcom

Regarding the Twitch categories, while IGDB provides the data but what ends up there is decided by Twitch itself. In the case of Castlevania it is due to the fact Twitch is not ingesting Versions of games at this time. We are however working on expanding the data set so that they can become categories. Stay tuned!

11. When using a reference ID field, such as requesting https://api.igdb.com/v4/games/ where release_dates.platform [48,49,6]; as shown in an example in the API docs, the API returns a syntax error "You are trying to compare and exact array with an non array field: platform". This seems to be true of any field which is a reference ID when using this syntax. the array OR syntax (48,49,6) works fine.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Multiplayer Modes seem to have a theme when you look over the options available in Categorization. Almost all of them include specific special cases for some form of Co-op or shared Split-Screen, but none for LAN Competitive.

The most obvious examples I can think of would be the GBA Link cables for local LANs such as the Sonic games, or the Ad-hoc/WiFi features of the PSP, 3DS and others where these aren't Co-op modes or Split Screen, but Linked and Competitive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to add 'hardware bundles' of games to the database. With NES & SNES Classic Mini, Mega Drive Mini, Neo Geo Classic, Playstation Classic Mini, Capcom home arcade, 1Up Arcades and several other mini consoles on the market, it would be nice to integrate those as 'hardware bundles' - bundles of existing games that are bundled in one hardware release.
    it could be realised with a dedicated category like Main Game, DLC, Bundle,… or just marked as Bundle. The platform where it is released could be either specific for each release or could be one general "hardware…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!
    We recently discussed adding the ‘retro classic’ mini consoles on IGDB, likely as a Version to the main consoles.

While that would help having the data for the hardware itself, currently we wouldn’t be able to have a listing of game for a particular console version. Which can prove tricky for some specific edge cases, Starfox 2 comes to mind being exclusive to SNES Mini for example.

I can confirm adding to those consoles is on our backlog as an initial step, platform Bundles though would probably be a separate task.

Thanks!

14. Currently, custom lists seem to only show up on Desktop and fail to be listed on the mobile versions.
    Is that something you can fix/add?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to send link to my Rated list, so that my friends would be able to see what games I like the most. It would be handy if it would be possible to send the link to the list, where everything is sorted from highest score to the lowest score. Currently, when I send the link, games are sorted by the date I rated them, no matter how I sort before copying the link

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, there are ratings displayed in "Rated" list (https://www.igdb.com/users/<username>/lists/rated). However, they are written in too small font. Originally I wanted to suggest to display ratings, because I didn't notice them at all. The main thing someone would go to this list is to see what ratings user gave to certain games. So, it would be better if those ratings were displayed in bigger font and maybe not in grey color.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! yes that’s a good point. The automated lists (Want/Playing/Played/Rated/Reviewed) are all very old and in need of a big revamp.
    Displaying the rating with our star rating for example would be indeed better suited than a grey number.

While Lists feature upgrade is definitely something we want to do, it’s not currently in our short term roadmap unfortunately. We’ll keep the community in the loop as soon as we tackle that!

Thanks!

17. Get an email whenever a game you want is released or the release date changes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Like Steam offers, there should be localized posters. Chinese posters, for example, will often have a completely different name and/or different brand logo.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Game revisions (like Alpha, Beta,1.0,1.1,1.2,2.0, etc) would be good for reviews, because the game can change since someone reviewed the game. Even old games have revision (Rev 1, Rev 2, like in the No-Intro notation). It is not a particularly needed data point, but some games change a lot with time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As means of promoting game editing, there could be a game recommendation for the user. It would be based on the game pages the user visited, the games the user rated, etc. A notification could appear on the website with the recommendation, and there could be a place in "Karma hunters" for some more recommendations.
    It would certainly help with many more game info missing, as the person would be prompted to help with something they most probably know.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?