Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. Hey!

Seeing that there are already both screenshots, and Artworks it would be great to also be able to add game logos.
    I make covers often from official artworks so I usually end-up downloading transparent logos at the same time anyway.

Thanks!

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! yes this is a great suggestion, we’ve definitely been wanting to expand our Game Media coverage with logos.
    Especially for PressKits for example.

2. Right now there seems to be some confusion with the available options for Genres and Themes. Some options are missing, others are in Themes whereas they would make more sense in Genres, and yet others are way too broad to be descriptive and informative.

My suggestion is first to determine what is a Genre and what is a Theme, and convey that to all the data contributors. I suggest to define "Genre" as something that indicates HOW the game is played (gameplay rules and elements), and "Theme" as something that indicates WHERE the game is played (setting and lore elements).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

First of all thanks a lot for putting this table together, this for sure will become handy when we research this further.

We’ve been wanting to revamp our Genres/Themes/Keywords for a while, it’s a fairly big undertaking that implies a taxonomy upgrade.
    We’ve discussed making use of a sub categories to avoid redundancy and more accuracy for example.

While this isn’t on our radar just yet, i would say it is pretty high up our list of feature upgrade. We’ll keep in touch when we start this project!

3. Add more external game sources

such as

• uplay / uplay connect
    • epic

Add more website sources

such as

• uplay / uplay connect
    16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Barry!
    Yes absolutely this is planned. While External Games and External Websites are separate they are closely related and may tackle them together.

For External Games this will be a big focus for us going forward.
    Stay tuned!

4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Games' ratings may be skewed or conflicting if they have wildly different ports.

For example, "The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning" has its console ports, which are fundamentally the same, but it also has a 2D side-scroller port for GBA, and an isometric port for DS; both vary greatly (especially the GBA port) from the console release. Another example is Shrek 2, where the PC port is effectively an entirely different game from the console ports (and the matching PC port was called "Shrek 2: Team Action!")

Metacritic already separates game ratings by every port, and imo that's how…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

You are 100% correct on this :) We would consider the GBA, DS, and DS releases as Ports in the sense they deserve their own pages on IGDB so they can be rated & reviewed individually.

This is indeed a perfect example for ports. In this case it’s simply that we haven’t got around to split the releases and clean up the data.

Thanks for pointing it out, we’ll get right on it!

Dropping the link to our guidelines Ports just in case as well: https://github.com/twitchtv/igdb-contribution-guidelines/wiki/Game-Types

6. As I was in the process of adding a game to the database, I was shown a list of fields into which I could enter URLs to that game's pages on various stores (Steam, GOG, Epic, etc.) but there was no URL field for the Microsoft Store. Why? The Microsoft Store has to be one of the most popular digital game sources. When IGDB adds a field for a Microsoft Store URL, I will edit the game's entry on IGDB to add a link to that game's Microsoft Store page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya! Thanks for the suggestion, definitely a good one.

As a matter of fact we have plans this year to introduce stores, and possibly linking them to “Platforms”. You are correct that windows, XOne, X360 etc.. all have different stores so they would need separate implementation.

Stay tuned!

7. It would be nice to add 'hardware bundles' of games to the database. With NES & SNES Classic Mini, Mega Drive Mini, Neo Geo Classic, Playstation Classic Mini, Capcom home arcade, 1Up Arcades and several other mini consoles on the market, it would be nice to integrate those as 'hardware bundles' - bundles of existing games that are bundled in one hardware release.
    it could be realised with a dedicated category like Main Game, DLC, Bundle,… or just marked as Bundle. The platform where it is released could be either specific for each release or could be one general "hardware…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!
    We recently discussed adding the ‘retro classic’ mini consoles on IGDB, likely as a Version to the main consoles.

While that would help having the data for the hardware itself, currently we wouldn’t be able to have a listing of game for a particular console version. Which can prove tricky for some specific edge cases, Starfox 2 comes to mind being exclusive to SNES Mini for example.

I can confirm adding to those consoles is on our backlog as an initial step, platform Bundles though would probably be a separate task.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?