Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

82 results found

1. Adicionar o Megafuts, metaverso de futebol, na lista de games.
    www.megafuts.com.br

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is no Warzone 1 and warzone 2 separation on the games.

This does not make sense, we have the following categories, call of duty modern warfare (2019) we have modern warfare II and we have warzone. Why dont we have warzone 2? Its a totally different game.

This makes sense if activision does not want people to know how much people is watching the previous game. This is the only thing that makes me think its implemented this way, if its true this is not a honest move at all from twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is necessary to add Counter Strike 2 (CS2) category to stream the beta.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a speedrunner of Spongebob Squarepants featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom it's hard to gain new viewers who may be interested because there is no category for this game and this should be changed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you select the category for your game it only shows the old Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I believe it should show both the old game and the remaster which is called "Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Remastered Edition"

Hope I came to the right place as I couldn't find anything for this topic on the Twitch Support page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to add a stream category for Megaman X Legacy Collection as part of gaming category since there is no listing for it. We usually have a few mega man x fans who would like to see this category added to find those who will stream the game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like for twitch to make a category for Genma Onimusha. Onimusha Warlords got re-release in 2002 known as Genma Onimusha. I saw almost all Onimusha games but this.

This game is exclusive to Xbox and can be played in Xbox360 as backward compatible.

There is been a lot of misunderstanding on this game when I reached out IGDB to amend changes. I was told to reach out here via UserVoice, If I want this game to have its own category in twitch.

Although, I also want to stress and clarify that this game is not a port but a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A bit of a smaller suggestion, but I think it's a pretty vital one. The storyline description functions as a hook of sorts that attracts players to the game, just as much as the Description and Screenshot sections. I find it counterintuitive that the storyline is buried all the way to the bottom of the page... it should be more visible, in my opinion. i.e. both physical game boxes and game pages on online storefronts like PSN or Steam have game descriptions, storyline descriptions , and images all located close together because they're all important aspects to pull gamers in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think other categories for covers aside from Region-localization should be added.

Such as whether it's Digital or Physical (since game covers can differ between a physical box or the digital gamestore, i.e. PSN/xbox store/etc, even though it seems to be a fairly rare occurence).

Maybe even being able to say what console(s) a specific cover is for, which is helpful for some cases, such as games that might have different covers for re-releases across different generations of platforms (which also seems rare, but it does happen, i.e. the Devil May Cry HD collection has different covers for its ps3/xbox360…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the game Hyakki Demons World of Demons to your games category.
    I want more people to know about this wonderful game. The guidelines from the officials also give us permission to distribute it. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've come across a few videogame categories that should be merged together. First are duplicate categories for the same game:

• "Digimon Battle" and "Digimon RPG" are the same game, the latter being the title of the current English release.
    • "Digimon World 2003" and "Digimon World 3" refer to the same game; the title change was a region difference. Should merge and rename to "Digimon World 3 / Digimon World 2003".
    • There are two categories named "Digimon" when I search for them, one with a cover and one without, not sure if that's a bug or something that needs to be…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There's already a request for logos and I would like to add this request for icons, like the ones used for the game shortcuts.
    It is common for computer games to have them, and some other platforms have icons of the games in some places (like on the memory card management system).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just like we have websites like Wikipedia and Wikia, Google Arts and Culture also have info pertaining to games.

Example: https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/video-game-super-nintendo-super-mario-world-nintendo/aQG4PR61zCQHRA?hl=en&avm=4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is very interesting but comes with a few issues, such as: The library isn't massive (right now) so not all games will have a link that can be added. In addition, they seem to separate for example the PlayStation and Xbox versions of the same game and then it will be hard to know what link to add where. We're going to hold off on this one for now, but could potentially be interesting in the future especially if the library grows.

14. ELSPA was the rating system used in EU before the PEGI system replaced it.

Degrees of ratings can be found here:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Parents/Age-Rating/The-ratings-system-for-older-games/ELSPA-rating/ELSPA-rating-854931.html

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! We have decided that it would be very interesting to have the ELSPA ratings on IGDB and we would like to add it in the near future. We we probably bundle a couple of new age ratings together and add it sometime next year. 

15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is it possible to add Metacritic, PC Gamer and IGN review scores to every game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, IGDB provides all the current CERO age ratings [A, B, C, D, Z], but not the pre-March of 2006 ratings [ALL, 12, 15, 18], which the organization still considers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 6% of males and ~0.4% females have color blindness. A good number of games feature a colorblind mode (Forza 5 for instance). Many don't and have nearly unplayable sections as a result.
    When I'm looking for a game, one of my greatest concerns is with color-coded information. If it exists, I need to see it in action, and if it's red-green or any other combination that is a problem, I need to know if I can change it. If I can't change it, I'll usually pass.

Some examples:
    RTSs sometimes use red and green icons on minimaps - literally any…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is a great suggestion thank you! Actually the timing couldn't be more ideal, as we are in fact investigating how we could tackle accessibility data in games, which would cover Colour Blindness of course. 

This might be a long process (no ETA unfortunately), but something we are very interested in indeed :) 

Thank you!

19. Seeing as though Roblox is starting to be a sort of platform for games as opposed to being just a game itself, I think it would make sense to categorize games that run under Roblox (such as Bad Business, Phantom Forces, etc.) separately from Roblox itself. This is purely for game-tracking purposes in game-tracking services that use IGDB as their database.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently the IGDB is only a database of video games but is the canonical source of twitch's game list. It should include all games if it wants to be called the IGDB and not IVGDB. This includes board and card games that do not have a digital version. This choice on the data front results in non-digital games all having to be lumped into the broad board game category and having to push for individual inclusion. Either make all video games jump through the same hoops or make IGDB live up to its name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Understandable about the naming expectation, but i can confirm that at this point in time, and the near future at least IGDB is strictly focused on video games.

Few reasons for this:
    - Coming up with video game taxonomy to set industry standard is already a monument of a task, and it makes sense for us to narrow down this goal by excluding board games, card games and other physical types.
    - Twitch does have some very unique use cases beyond video games, which is why there is a distinction in being the database that powers Twitch’s gaming need, rather than being Twitch’s database itself. Our data being used by many more services than Twitch alone, we remain focused right now on video games.

It’s totally possible that in a long term vision we start tackling taxonomy of non-video game products, but likely not in the near future…

• Don't see your idea?