Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Follower emotes were just unlocked for Affiliates - why do we need instant upload for it to work? I do understand the need to streamline and keep emotes within ToS - but the Automated bot is allowing SOME emotes in and not others. A simple emote of a duck on a toilet is "against terms of service" - but yet several gasm emotes aren't? For reference, just look on etsy for "Cute duck and chick emotes" and you'll find the duck on the toilet that's prevented instant upload for a few decent streamers who bought the pack. All i'm asking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emotes are a key part of twitch, to the point that you can often convey more with just a certain emote than with a message.

Many people would love to see emotes displayed in the maximum size in chat.
    I'm guessing there are probably some limitations in in-line emote display tied to text pixels or something (either for practical reasons or esthetic reasons)...
    ...but some platforms have a solution for this, and I'm hoping it can be implemented on twitch.

In Discord, in-line emotes are displayed small, similar to Twitch, however, when ONLY emotes are used, they are displayed at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Follower emotes are a great idea, however, currently they hold no real value. A lot of streamers use BTTV/FFZ and have 50 or more emotes for anyone to use in their own chat.
    However, rewarding followers that actually come back to your stream a lot would be great! Perhaps it would be possible to give people access to follower emotes in other channels if they spend at least X amount of hrs or X% of a streamer's typical streamtime in their stream (per week or month or whatever).

It rewards coming back, but doesn't take away too much fire away…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. As it was reported in the Discord API thread here -> https://github.com/discord/discord-api-docs/issues/3139

A limitation in the Twitch's side of the integration produces that animated emotes are synced as static, losing the intended effect. Discord provides support to animated emotes and Twitch was expected to make use of this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I think this would be a good idea! I have seen recently the animated emotes have been added to iOS which is amazing. getting the bttv would help even more as loads of people don’t have computer/pc so having it on there phone helps interact with the rest of chat..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Blacklist bot accounts for emote stats, as my channel like many others have auto-responses messing up emote stats.

I would also like to see stats of my emotes used in other channels so I can better judge what emotes I need to switch out!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Emote Slot For Only Founders

The founder badge is great for when a subscriber is currently subbed but giving them one permanent emote slot as a perk would be great. Recently Twitch has added follower emotes, and animated emotes for affliates. I think this would make a great addition to the recent emote accessibility expansions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Emote modifications are cool. I think most of us agree that adding sunglasses to a teacup is a feature that this platform desperately needs. But you know what'd also be awesome? Being able to put an emote inside a speech bubble! Shrink the emote slightly, add a bubble around it, and have a "talking about X" modified emote!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow people who have gifted subs and thrown bits to create their own emotes to use in any channel. It gives people more incentive to give. So the Creator AND Viewer are rewarded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. From Twitch Emote Guidelines:

Prohibited: "Nudity, such as depictions and imitations of nude torsos, buttocks, genitals, and anuses."

This prohibition on emotes has been applied to emotes which are technically unclothed, but feature animals, which are not generally considered nude when unclothed.

In short, please unban cat butt. There is no reason to ban cat butt emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have levels for gifting subs, once a subscriber has reached a gift sub level they get a streamer emote. They get different streamer emotes every collective 50 gift subs they give. The streamer will get more emote spaces to give to sub gifters

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A global badge and emote shop including past special event badges and emotes if you missed them for a price and includes the badges that used to come with the game’s twitch used to sell a few years ago this shop would have totally new badges and emotes as well of course

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A small but helpful suggestion, please add a "do not show this message again" for the popup that happens when you remove an emote from its slot. It's annoying to have to constantly click to acknowledge you are indeed removing an emote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Handynutzern ist es nur sehr erschwert möglich die Followemotes zu nutzen, da diese selbst beim Namen getippt werden müssen und für den Nitzer selbst auch im Chat nicht sichtbar sind

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This happens in Firefox and only with official animated Twitch emotes. BTTV animated emotes do not reset each time a new chatter uses them. This has been happening for a few days now and is negatively affecting the chatting experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When putting the Hype Train Emotes on the Help pages, could you add an image map so that hovering over each icon will give its chat phrase. This would allow people the option to type each one into chat to work out what ones they do or don't have without trying to look at the smaller icons in chat interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. My idea is that there could be a chat setting(user-, not streamerside) where you can filter out different Emotes that could trigger you. For example im arachnophobic (have a fear of spiders, if Pics, Vids or in rl, those things creep me out and when i did a hypetrain and saw that spider it send shivers down my spine.
    I also have heard from some people i know they are Coulrophobic (Fear of clowns) which theres luckily no emote thats this way.

But in situations that a emote triggers a phobia I'd like to have something, if its a Checkbox…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. For the future set of new hype train emotes can we please get an anime or game theme set? and maybe add some animated hype train emotes under bonus

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. we have the classic, PogChamp. Now lets have one for the gays, FrogChamp.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I had problem with the follower emotes not showing for me in the menu but after some time i got the info that they don't show if the BTTV or FFZ emote menu are active, atleast the FFZ seem to be the one most hindering this. the one feature that I use FFZ for is that you favorite emotes you have access to, and would you lose access to them and then get them back, they are still flagged as favorite.
    This has been very helpful for me since sometime the emote I want to use is not under "Recent"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?