Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi, the current lesbian emote that twitch uses consists of the pink lesbian flag which excludes butches, studs, and nonbinary/trans lesbians. It is incredibly disrespctful to many in the lesbian community, which is why many use a different lesbian flag! The orange flag, created by Emily Gwen (@diabolicdyke), includes all lesbians as a whole, and is widely used and accepted by the lesbian community. I really suggest twitch finally makes the change and switches emote flags to this flag to show acceptance to all lesbians. Here is a carrd on more info, created by Emily, https://emilygwen.carrd.co/ .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For those that are not streaming, but are supporters and/or MODS for the streamers, to have the option to create our own emotes as well.

Some requirement ideas:

Number of followers
    Number of those following
    Bit spent
    Subs activated
    Amount of time participating in live/chats

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi there,

Despite Twitch being all about the content that is created and streamed, I believe emotes serve a very important role in both communication and representation on other streams without being pure advertising, it's subtle but can really help a streamer grow.

This means that viewers can sometimes arrive from the emotes alone, and may not enjoy the content, and so the streamer and viewer will both miss out, the viewer doesn't want to pay a full subscription for the emotes alone, and the streamer will miss out on the revenue from a potential purchase.

I propose a middle…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A streamlined way to see how close affiliates are to being eligible for instant emote approvals. I understand the four criteria outlined in the affiliate guide for the Subscriber Emote Guide, but it would be convenient if there were some sort of status UI, either one that parallels the bit emote "Unlock Progress" status that's in the shiny new subscriber emote page that was recently added, or along with the rest of the achievements in the insights page. This way, the streamers can keep track without having to tally the number of streams within the 2-year period themselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would LOVE to be able to organize the emotes im subscribed to!! The order they show in the list makes no sense. There are times it takes me forever just to scroll through and find my own! Maybe a creator favoriting option? Or under the subscription tab you could move the boxes around and thats how the emotes appear in order??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Give streamers the ability to assign an ''emote artist'' badge to their emote artists. (could even be a general channel-artist badge, for any type of graphic work they've done for said channel).

2. When people hover over emotes in the channel's chat have it show the twitch username of the artist that made the emote. (This could be an option when uploading the emote, have a field that let's you tag the artist)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we have more emotes as a affiliate and also sub badges that extend more than 12 months ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My idea is that instead of people of color having to create their own emotes to represent themselves, how about you make your basic set of emotes more inclusive, so as to not make anyone feel left out or offended? Not everyone is technologically capable and can only manage the basics. Just a suggestion.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The 28px makes emotes look really bad and blurry. No matter what program is use to resize or vector the 112px image, when it gets resized to 28px it looks horrible!!! Looks good and clear in 56px and 112px. This is making it hard for emote artists and affiliates to make creative and easy to see emotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'm not a big fan of Global Emotes personally, instead, I focus on friends and their emotes across Twitch. I'd like to have the option to HIDE Global Emotes since I don't use them, but others do. So it offers options, rather than being forced to remove/hide anything from anyone who doesn't want it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently, Twitch subs can utilize their sub emotes on Discord via the integration sync however that feature is not available to Bit Tier Emotes.
    Make it so users that unlock the Bit tier emotes to unlock them on discord as well.
    Many prefer to utilize and show off Sub emotes on Discord as the emotes display at 32x32p instead of the 28x28p that Twitch uses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I know this might be a bit farfetched, but in my short time on Twitch I've noticed that emotes can become a HUGE part of a channel's branding.

If someone is just starting out but really serious about creating a solid brand, they should at least be allowed 2-3 emotes without having to reach affiliate or partner first.

Every streamer has to invest time or money into their own emotes anyway (cause Twitch staff sure ain't paying for our emotes to be designed) so why not?

Figure out a way to streamline the approval process and there you go.

Something…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add KEKW as a emote

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add keywords to the emotes to make it easier to search for it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allowing streamers to pay a monthly subscription for more emotes.

This is mostly aimed for larger streamers but can similarly be used for smaller ones, where in both instances they have to many emotes and not enough slots.

Adding in a monthly subscription, be it paying X for Y slots or you pick Y slots you want/need and they cost X total.

That way there's a bit more income to help offset the costs for housing the extra emotes and at the same time, it allows streamers to have more emotes available to share with their viewers and Twitch as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For example, "Jaja" is equivalent to Haha, so make an emote JAJA equivalent to the LUL one that is relevant to spanish speakers (it could be from a top spanish streamer).

This extends to other languages -- as Twitch viewership/streaming and E-Sports continues to grow, the need to include more relevant emotes for the different languages does as well.

As we are all well aware, there is a lack of diversity in the Twitch global emotes community, and obtaining input from top streamers in their respective languages, as well as bilingual streamers, would be a massive boon to Twitch in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is there any way a future update can allow users the ability to sort emotes, or remove emotes they dont want. I have some hype, and event emotes i will never use, which make it hard to find the emotes i want to use. Also, in some situations, a user could have previously supported a streamer, which they moved on from, but they are stuck with a bit emote that they can never get rid of.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Es wäre klasse die Möglichkeit zu haben einen neuen Follower mit einem Emote zubeschenken, um somit direkt eine verbindung zwischen Streamer und Zuschauer zu erreichen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?