Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No suggestions, no complaints, just a big THANK YOU for rolling this out! I've used third-party sites for this in the past, and they're great (and they still have value as they're not identical to the on-platform one), but it's awesome to have this feature. Particularly the "Unique Users" column, which is extremely helpful in figuring out whether I'm the only one who uses that emote.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Emote Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Where I see Follower emotes working best is by giving your followers access to 5 of your existing sub emotes, and if they want the remainder, they would need to subscribe. It would allow them to get a taste of your library and still feel like a part of the community. However, the way it's set up now makes that complicated.

THE ISSUE: If you decide to make some of your existing sub emotes available to followers with the current system, you have two options: either you have to make a second version of the same emotes, or you have…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,

Recently I've been seeing Animated Emotes on the ESLSC2 twitch chat. Honestly I like the idea of animated emotes in general. But I would like a way to hide them in settings or show a static version of them.

I normally just close twitch chat because I just get way to distracted by them.

Thanks for looking,
    Karl.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I know this might be a bit farfetched, but in my short time on Twitch I've noticed that emotes can become a HUGE part of a channel's branding.

If someone is just starting out but really serious about creating a solid brand, they should at least be allowed 2-3 emotes without having to reach affiliate or partner first.

Every streamer has to invest time or money into their own emotes anyway (cause Twitch staff sure ain't paying for our emotes to be designed) so why not?

Figure out a way to streamline the approval process and there you go.

Something…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We need more hype train emotes. I've unlocked them all, and I only get the same ole conductor badge each time. Maybe give out special emotes for those who unlock all the hype train emotes? Or even a special badge for those who always participate in the hype train.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There needs to be a possibility to search sub emotes by emote code. Previously twitchemotes.com offered that functionality but that got removed.

Being able to search for sub emotes by their code (for example when you need a new "Frustrated"-emote because this feature not existing frustrates you) helps viewers find emotes they like and can help especially smaller streamers who might stay undiscovered otherwise to get brand new subscribers.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. What a magnificent kitty, may he live of through us, the community.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Along with adding integration of twitch chat on the overlay, I thing allowing channel added BTTV (Better Twitch TV) emotes and FFZ (Franker FaceZ) emotes to be show on that chat would be cool as many many people Use these programs for extra emotes and it would make the quality of life way better.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This Emote is very popular in our little german community and we want it as an animated global emote so that everyone can use it.
    This emote stand for a crazy cat that is shaking and it is very often used if something exciting happens. (Actually you can use it every time, everywhere) :p
    Brr Brr Brr Cat --> https://ibb.co/LP64C7y

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If a person donated money to gifting subscriptions to a channel equal to the amount of money needed to cheer bits to unlock emotes. Then the emotes should also unlock. Gifting subs gives twitch and streamer the same percentage of money there is no reason why gifting subs is not also rewarded with the same emotes as bit cheers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is for the people who are omnisexual, they don't really get a lot of representation so it would be nice if they did.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you see "Follower Emote uploads are currently disabled on your account", it should say why. It is a worrisome message and it says to learn why, click here, but if it's as simple as "you've only streamed 59/60 times" or something, it would be great if it just said the reason.

Currently it says "Find out how to regain access" as if I were being punished but I don't believe I've ever had access to them before. I don't remember seeing this scary warning situation in the past, so either something went wrong for me or the page has…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to be able to assign some of the animated slots to particular emote slots. For example I would love to make both my Tier 2 and Tier 3 emote slots animated as I find that would make the added cost more desirable for viewers. Perhaps making all of the slots possible to be animated or static (up to whatever the total number of animated slots you have unlocked is).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add a way to block a specific animated emote. Most of them are fine, but some have quick motion or flashing lights that are difficult for people that have movement/light sensitivity. I don't want to block all of them, just the ones that make it difficult for me to look at the chat (I am Migraine sensitive.) Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For partners & affiliates working with artists. It's often very difficult to tell if something will scale down well, look good in both default and dark mode, etc. I did find one tool to test emotes ( https://pajlada.se/projects/test-emote/ ), but it's extremely limited, doesn't offer dark mode, etc.

A preview platform in the upload window would be incredible.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In a recent event people were able to get Pride Emotes which should show that no one should get "left behind" and accepted. Well.. because of not everyone is or was able to get it there should be an option to get them. I already asked people about it and we discussed a bit. They would pay for the pride emotes. I would too. Because they're awesome. Ye, they are Event Emotes. But do you really want to "ban out" people from having them just because of they wasn't aware of these emotes? And do you really want to not…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I really needed Emote Analytics, thank you. It is AMAZING.

I suggest you to add a filter that allows to separate emotes based on the different Tiers, Bits and Followers.
    At the moment users who have the possibility to use Tier 3 emotes and Bits emotes are a lower percentage than the whole community, so the lower use of those emotes is due to the fact that there are less users who can use them, not that they are worse than the others, that's why my idea is to add filters, so I can understand easly which are the best…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey everyone!

We have follower emotes, hype emotes, bit emotes. Why not a special emote slot for people who have been supporting you since the beginning. Give them something very special.

So 10 for Affiliates, and 25 for Partner.

And it'd be 1 emote for Affiliate and maybe 2-3 for partner?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I’m kind of surprised following the recent rollout of the emote library that there is no way to rename an emote once it’s been uploaded.

Surely a large part of the point of this being implemented was so if someone had festive versions of their emotes for example, they could be uploaded (and where necessary approved) in advance and swapped with the normal version temporarily. As it stands the emote library just provides a quick way to move emotes between sub tiers or follower / bit emote slots

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?