Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What a magnificent kitty, may he live of through us, the community.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi Twitch Team,

I think it would be nice if there would be the possibility to allow users to keep one emote permanetly after being sub for like 12 months in a channel, to receive a further reward for loyality and the money you spent.

Thanks! :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streamer has the option to upload an emote in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.

SVG enables nice rendering of certain popular styles (sprites, pixel art) across devices and user interfaces. The current image format options are a deterrent to emotes with such art styles.

Performance bugs can be avoided by setting a file size limit or node vector count.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The introduction of follower emotes is great but as other people have suggested it forces a hard cut between where emote can be used. In addition to suggestions like "Allow subscribers to use follower emotes everywhere" I would like to add the following idea:

Allow 1 emote to be assigned as a "raid emote" usable by followers and subs alike, but usable across all of twitch.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently, Twitch subs can utilize their sub emotes on Discord via the integration sync however that feature is not available to Bit Tier Emotes.
    Make it so users that unlock the Bit tier emotes to unlock them on discord as well.
    Many prefer to utilize and show off Sub emotes on Discord as the emotes display at 32x32p instead of the 28x28p that Twitch uses.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Along with adding integration of twitch chat on the overlay, I thing allowing channel added BTTV (Better Twitch TV) emotes and FFZ (Franker FaceZ) emotes to be show on that chat would be cool as many many people Use these programs for extra emotes and it would make the quality of life way better.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow people who have a difficult time reaching affiliate enjoy emotes by allowing everyone access to the follower only emotes, once fully rolled out. It would allow for something special for them to share within their streams even while not affiliate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please give us the option to hide/remove bit emotes that we've earned from streamers we have supported in the past, but no longer do. It can be upsetting for the individual to see these emotes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A streamlined way to see how close affiliates are to being eligible for instant emote approvals. I understand the four criteria outlined in the affiliate guide for the Subscriber Emote Guide, but it would be convenient if there were some sort of status UI, either one that parallels the bit emote "Unlock Progress" status that's in the shiny new subscriber emote page that was recently added, or along with the rest of the achievements in the insights page. This way, the streamers can keep track without having to tally the number of streams within the 2-year period themselves.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Emotes to be used by Bots, with company logos like Twitter, Instagram, Discord, to support the transported messages.

Maybe also some other emotes (Twitch Prime, or Subways for next Subtember).

As there are some bots with regular Account names, it might be cool if a broadcaster can assign a bot role to a user, and this user can use the bot emotes.

Maybe limiting it to 3 bot users per Channel.

Maybe bot can be similar to mod role, just with the extention to use the emotes/icons.

Or: Allow all with mod-role to use this specific emote set.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I like that there are many different ways to get emotes, it allows me as a smaller streamer to give more motes to the community. However I was thinking maybe just like you get emotes for bit-donations, why not make it possible to get unique emotes for sub-gifters? like an emote at 1, 5, 10 sub gifts, maybe higher.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hi there,

Despite Twitch being all about the content that is created and streamed, I believe emotes serve a very important role in both communication and representation on other streams without being pure advertising, it's subtle but can really help a streamer grow.

This means that viewers can sometimes arrive from the emotes alone, and may not enjoy the content, and so the streamer and viewer will both miss out, the viewer doesn't want to pay a full subscription for the emotes alone, and the streamer will miss out on the revenue from a potential purchase.

I propose a middle…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Twitch

Please remove ANELE emote. It's getting really offensive and annoying the way people are using it these days. As a Muslim guy, I'm really offended by this emote and the way it's being used in chats

Please remove it from Twitch

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Si la idea de twitch es que tanto los streamer como la misma plataforma ganen dinero a travez de la entretención online, ¿por que restringen la cantidad de emojis que se pueden subir a cada canal dependiendo de la cantidad de suscripciones activas que tiene este?
    No es atrayente para los usuarios un canal con pocos emojis y por lo tanto no se incentivan a suscribirse!
    Abran mas casillas para emojis!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be cool if there were some way to unlock emotes from past events (maybe with a moratorium period of half a year or something). Heck, I'd pay a buck-per to get some of the RPG emotes that everyone seems to have or to fill out my incomplete collection of pride emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. My idea is that instead of people of color having to create their own emotes to represent themselves, how about you make your basic set of emotes more inclusive, so as to not make anyone feel left out or offended? Not everyone is technologically capable and can only manage the basics. Just a suggestion.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like the ability for a channel to have an emote tied to the months subscribed.

There should be two options to go with the implementation, the ability to allow non-current subscribers to still use the emote and the ability to set the same emote for all subscriber month goals or a different one.

This helps reward people who subscribe to a channel for extended periods with more than just a sub badge. Creators could have a wildly different emote at each month, or choose to have an emote that evolves as their subscribers reach typical month goal.

In…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Back in 2016 TwitchCon, PJSaltan was down to two contestants being DYoshiiTV(now BlessRNG) & Proton Jon. I was glad I knew both streamers at the time and was happy that the person who won would eventually create an iconic pray Global Emote. That win changed his life for the better to a point he changed his name after the Emote itself.

Now after current events, both the Streamer & the Global Emote are no longer on the site. It does make me look back and see that Proton Jon could have won that Global Emote slot as he was so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Vulcan salute emote for Global Twitch? I think it'd go over well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)