Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need more hype train emotes. I've unlocked them all, and I only get the same ole conductor badge each time. Maybe give out special emotes for those who unlock all the hype train emotes? Or even a special badge for those who always participate in the hype train.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What a magnificent kitty, may he live of through us, the community.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This is the new LUL and that's probably the most used emote.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I think it would be so nice, if the minimum emote size for emotes would increase from 28, 56, 112px to 32, 64, 128px, for example.

It would increase the quality of the emotes, making detailed emotes more noticeable and it would be easier for emote artist to work on them.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When a hype train completes, if you have all the emotes you're eligible to get for its level, after looking through lower level emotes, the next step should be filling in old emotes from previous hype train sets. This would also incentivize more bits donations and sub gifts.

I missed out on HypeUnicorn4 and I'm very PJSalty about it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi,

Recently I've been seeing Animated Emotes on the ESLSC2 twitch chat. Honestly I like the idea of animated emotes in general. But I would like a way to hide them in settings or show a static version of them.

I normally just close twitch chat because I just get way to distracted by them.

Thanks for looking,
    Karl.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I know this might be a bit farfetched, but in my short time on Twitch I've noticed that emotes can become a HUGE part of a channel's branding.

If someone is just starting out but really serious about creating a solid brand, they should at least be allowed 2-3 emotes without having to reach affiliate or partner first.

Every streamer has to invest time or money into their own emotes anyway (cause Twitch staff sure ain't paying for our emotes to be designed) so why not?

Figure out a way to streamline the approval process and there you go.

Something…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi Twitch Team,

I think it would be nice if there would be the possibility to allow users to keep one emote permanetly after being sub for like 12 months in a channel, to receive a further reward for loyality and the money you spent.

Thanks! :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Along with adding integration of twitch chat on the overlay, I thing allowing channel added BTTV (Better Twitch TV) emotes and FFZ (Franker FaceZ) emotes to be show on that chat would be cool as many many people Use these programs for extra emotes and it would make the quality of life way better.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I no longer follow a channel due to personal reasons. I'd like to be able to remove any and all emotes I've accrued over donations, can we get a feature on Mobile/desktop to remove said emotes from our emote picker?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Emote Analytics is AWESOME, first off. Sincerely, thank you.

It's a bit weird having the modified versions listed separately though, and makes it a little difficult to determine which emotes are overall underperforming as the modified usages clutter up the bottom of the listing.

I suggest rolling the modified usage numbers into the main emote's, and being able to click on an emote to expand a sub-list breakdown showing normal vs each modifier usage. This would simplify the list and provide a more realistic picture of overall emote usage, but still allow access to that data for edge-cases (like determining…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add a way to block a specific animated emote. Most of them are fine, but some have quick motion or flashing lights that are difficult for people that have movement/light sensitivity. I don't want to block all of them, just the ones that make it difficult for me to look at the chat (I am Migraine sensitive.) Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Twitch

Please remove ANELE emote. It's getting really offensive and annoying the way people are using it these days. As a Muslim guy, I'm really offended by this emote and the way it's being used in chats

Please remove it from Twitch

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A streamlined way to see how close affiliates are to being eligible for instant emote approvals. I understand the four criteria outlined in the affiliate guide for the Subscriber Emote Guide, but it would be convenient if there were some sort of status UI, either one that parallels the bit emote "Unlock Progress" status that's in the shiny new subscriber emote page that was recently added, or along with the rest of the achievements in the insights page. This way, the streamers can keep track without having to tally the number of streams within the 2-year period themselves.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To be able to choose the emote prefix. I don't like my emote prefix and I wish I could just type the one I had thought of.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like the ability for a channel to have an emote tied to the months subscribed.

There should be two options to go with the implementation, the ability to allow non-current subscribers to still use the emote and the ability to set the same emote for all subscriber month goals or a different one.

This helps reward people who subscribe to a channel for extended periods with more than just a sub badge. Creators could have a wildly different emote at each month, or choose to have an emote that evolves as their subscribers reach typical month goal.

In…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Emotes to be used by Bots, with company logos like Twitter, Instagram, Discord, to support the transported messages.

Maybe also some other emotes (Twitch Prime, or Subways for next Subtember).

As there are some bots with regular Account names, it might be cool if a broadcaster can assign a bot role to a user, and this user can use the bot emotes.

Maybe limiting it to 3 bot users per Channel.

Maybe bot can be similar to mod role, just with the extention to use the emotes/icons.

Or: Allow all with mod-role to use this specific emote set.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. While 5 animated emote slots are great, more slots are even greater! Let us unlock more slots while progressing in sub points similar to the current emote unlock system.

Maybe start with an additional slot at 100 sub points. Next at 250, 500, 1000, 2500 etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Where I see Follower emotes working best is by giving your followers access to 5 of your existing sub emotes, and if they want the remainder, they would need to subscribe. It would allow them to get a taste of your library and still feel like a part of the community. However, the way it's set up now makes that complicated.

THE ISSUE: If you decide to make some of your existing sub emotes available to followers with the current system, you have two options: either you have to make a second version of the same emotes, or you have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?