Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

612 results found

1. Please change the Hype prefix. Sometimes I want to look for a hype emote from people I subscribe to but I cannot find them because the Hype train emotes take up the whole preview list (when I type :hype).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think that 5 artist badges is too few. Many streamers have multiple artists for emotes, png/vtuber models, riggers, overlays, brb & starting soon screens. Especially considering that you can have significantly more VIP & Moderators than 5, it seems strange to limit the artists you'd like to recognize to only 5.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Emotes are a big part of the Twitch experience, and many streamers have different emotes for different occasions (special themed streams, certain games, holidays, etc.).

Instead of having to manually swap out emotes individually, being able to create sets/groups and then being able to toggle between them would save a lot of time. Additionally, it would be great if this ability to toggle sets/groups could be added to the Emotes API.

Another option would be to offer Emotes API which allows Emotes to be individually swapped between active/inactive slots (which would allow streamers to create sets/groups without the feature being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. [1]
    Give the "Listening only" & "Watching without audio" badges their own slot, so the people who actually needs/uses them can still select their usual badges on the side.

[2]
    Implement the pronouns badges (originally developed by Alejo) so anyone can see them.
    (useful for mobile users who cannot use extensions)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Several channels use third‑party libraries to expand the emotes available. These emotes can be used for free by anyone installing these libraries, and these emotes acts like the viewers are subscribed. These streamers encourage their viewers to install these libraries.

Issues arise where it creates a divide between viewers who have and viewers who don't have these libraries, and having viewers rely on third‑party extensions for their Twitch‑viewing. Some of these libraries are also fighting and creating a worse experience when multiple libraries are combined. Viewers can also install a third‑party Twitch‑app on their phone to see and use these…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Instead of having the option to Subscribe to Tier 2 or 3, add those emote slots to Affiliates' and Partners' inventory. Those options aren't worth the difference in price, I rarely (if ever) see anyone purchase them, and those emote slots would be better used elsewhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This emote was added some months ago and I personally have only ever seen it used in a transphobic context. Any time gender is brought into question or even the slightest hint of someone being trans is brought up at least 1 person types this emote.
    I don't think there's any negative to removing this emote as its use is super niche and replaceable anyways. But the fact it is a character designed to look goofy is almost always used to mock trans people.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please Revist ReThink Twtich lets add Gifted Sub Emote Slots unlock Slots. Something along these lines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have several people over 5 million bits, do you think you could add up to 10 million bit badges

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give users the option to remove emotes from their list. There will be some that people won't want eg. bit emotes of a streamer they had bad experiences with, or the Hype train emotes pushing channel emotes with Hype in their name way down the list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I feel that if a person has a temporary first chatter badge till the end of the stream, then more ppl will join and chat when stream starting. mostly in smaller streamers who struggling and waiting 10mins for their viewers to join chat before start showing their content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A better approval process or at least a revisionary time period for if a emote gets taken down we can reupload an adjusted version to fit within the lines of TOS so we don't have to completely lose auto approval.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have a lot of emotes on my channel and everytime I want to write a message, I struggle to find the one I want to use. They switch places all the time.
    We need them to have a static order.

I think it should be:
    1) Follower emotes
    2) T1 emotes
    3) T2 emotes
    4) T3 emotes
    5) T1 animated emotes
    6) Bits emotes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add an option to report emotes for rapidly flashing. Many emotes are being made that are just a big rapidly flashing square. When people spam such emotes in chat it creates an epilepsy risk for those in chat where there otherwise would not be one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's annoying having to pay for a sub to StreamElements so the bot can use my emotes. Please give Affiliates 1 Free Sub per month so we can make our chats and content more interesting!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hey,

Thanks for your suggestion - just wanted to let you know that I have moved it over to Emotes > Feature Request. Thanks!

16. When there is a hype train it blocks the top of the emote tray and I can't see the upper rows of emotes. It doesn't help that I can't click away the hype train.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was really thrilled when twitch announced the artist badges. I am a artist myself and have some friends who are artists as well. The badges had good intentions but are, in my opinion, improvable.

1: Since Twitch now has animated emotes many streamer get their already existing emotes animated from other artists then the ones which drew them originally. Or even better, different arists work together as a team. Artist A draws the texures and Artist B animates it. Not all artists are good in any kind of art so sometimes we work together to achieve something great. BUT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if we could put an unlimited number of emotes for affiliates and partners

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A lot of people subscribe to a channel just to get access to an emote. If there were an indexable, taggable "Emote Marketplace" where you could search for specific tags and purchase subscriptions to the channel, you would sell a lot more subscriptions (a lot easier to implement than micro emote purchases) Would likely need some pretty complex technology to make it happen, but I can imagine how to accomplish it -helmetwearer (same github handle, pinned project twitch related)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We all know that emotes bring the stream to life. But we also know that it takes a lot of work to unlock slots, especially for smaller streamers. It's always a joy when we have a new slot available, but then why can't there be animated slots in bits? As a small streamer I worked a lot, the path to partner is still a long way off, but I already got all the subscriber points that are allowed in the affiliate, I already received about 20,000 bits, but I can't give more to my subscribers (because I'm limited) to put…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?