Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

604 results found

1. As it stands right now if an emote, specifically an animated one, is animated using Twitch's "Easy Animate" option it uploads into the Emote Library. However, there is no one-click option to download the emotes made this way. Currently you need to download the .0 file and then convert it off-site into a .gif to be able to house this and upload it to, say, Discord for community use.

I'd like to see a download option for each emote, especially animated, in the Emote Library.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The older global emotes should be updated from the 5 pixels they currently are into proper looking emotes that you can actually tell what they are.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. REINSTATE instant upload and follower emotes after suspension. 60 days of reformed streaming and no intention to have a violation again should be enough to gain instant upload back. The requirements are clear but you contradict them saying if you have a suspension you lose all privileges? This is a slap in the face to those who are false reported. It’s a slap to anyone who has an emote wrongly removed.

After 60 days of no infractions affiliates should be allowed to instant upload and have follower emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For convenience i think you should be able to edit your emote from the library rather than having to delete it and reupload it

Some examples include
    • Changing the name of the emote
    • Changing the emote but not the name (maybe you recommissioned it or redrew it)
    • Changing the portrait of an animated emote
    • Changing the "easy animate" of an animated emote

Depending on the change the emote could go to revision if instant upload has not been unlocked, this deletes the process of having to delete an emote for a minor edit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey crew.. Just a lil suggestion / request. but i was wondering if with the global emotes that we can access if we could have the different colour ribbons for different health conditions. like for example i suffer mental health issues. and i have a green ribbon in support. just something that would be cool. thanks Deano

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When typing twitch emotes, the emote previewer has caused my chat window to be much slower and when copy/pasting emotes it regularly causes the window to freeze. This should either be removed or an option to disable the emote preview should be added. I have found zero value and have only negative emotion toward the emote preview feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If you have 100 vip on channels with "check mark'', you receive universal Gold VIP sign (colored gold instead of pink)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think there should be more badges for the streamer to give out in chat like the vip badge for example something to show long time followers and subs, a badge for people who donate a lot, a longest lasting sub badge

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think this would be a good idea! I have seen recently the animated emotes have been added to iOS which is amazing. getting the bttv would help even more as loads of people don’t have computer/pc so having it on there phone helps interact with the rest of chat..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Follower emotes to be used for raids for a limited time so users can be apart of the raid message without using budget global emotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Animating the emblem would be a great idea, as the current ones are a bit boring. The chat would be more beautiful and attractive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it would be great for people who go above and beyond with the support with Tier 2 and Tier 3 subscriptions to get more for their sub aside from just 1 additional emote, so I think it would be good to have "Evolving Emotes" So for example say if you had Charmander themed emotes as your tier 1 slot. A Waving Charmander Tier 1 Emote would become a Waving Charmeleon at Tier 2 and a Waving Charizard at Tier 3. If you have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 subscription you could choose which of these 3 would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The v5 GetUserEmotes does not include bit emotes, follower emotes or animated emotes. This should be updated. Or a new endpoint should be added to Helix to get this information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I understand that Having More than 5 emotes for a Tier 1 Subscription is a Twitch Partner benefit. Us non Partnered Streamers ( Affiliate) go through the stress of picking and making the perfect emotes. So, often than not a streamer would have to remove an emote that a part of his or her community enjoys cause the Majority Likes Other Emotes More. It's certain that a portion of people won't Subscribe to a Streamer because they are not fond of their emotes. Solution to this is to let Affiliates upload more than 5 emotes for Tier 1. But the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. An easy way for streamers to add a set badge to Trusted chatters so its easier for them and chat to sort through the trash. And might promote less garbage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi there,

Despite Twitch being all about the content that is created and streamed, I believe emotes serve a very important role in both communication and representation on other streams without being pure advertising, it's subtle but can really help a streamer grow.

This means that viewers can sometimes arrive from the emotes alone, and may not enjoy the content, and so the streamer and viewer will both miss out, the viewer doesn't want to pay a full subscription for the emotes alone, and the streamer will miss out on the revenue from a potential purchase.

I propose a middle…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let us see the stats of our emotes to know which ones are used the most and used the least, so if we want to change them or ad new we can keep the most used by our community and change the less popular for new ones to try.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have someone available to explain why emotes are rejected or taken down because the given reasons don’t make sense when the emote doesn’t reflect the reason.

I have had the same emote either rejected or taken down on different occasions due to nudity or sexualized content. When I try to see if someone can talk to me about what needs to be changed I get the run around.

If Twitch is going to take down one type/subtype, take ALL of them down, not just the POC ones.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add option to show off Cheer Badge, Gift Sub Badge both at the same time. There should be at least 2 custom channel badges instead of the just one. Even 1st Founders Badge should show along with instead of either or also. In order- Founders Badge, Sub Badge, Gifted Sub Badge, Cheer Badge and possible Twitch Prime Badge should show for non Mods.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. hello, From being with twitch for 3-4 years i start to think maybe for twitch turbo and non twitch turbo we should have this emote XD as well with those other emote of the smiles and etc. Reason is most phones has that emote and other devices so why not have Twitch account Turbo and non Turbo have that emote too. i hope i am not alone with this idea and not alone who is thinking this too. B) B)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?