Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be awesome if Twitch allowed artists who design emotes for partnered streamers use them for free!

A suggestion is for Twitch to create the option for partnered streamers to specify which artist(s) created their emotes when they upload them which would then allow the artist to use those emotes on Twitch.

Benefits to this is that it would provide more exposure to both the streamer and the artist. The artist would get more promotion through sharing their created emotes on Twitch. Fans of the artist who enjoy their art style would be able to see which emotes the…

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please unban the Copesen emote. It's an oxygen tank labelled "copium" which is an imaginary drug, making fun of forsen. Forsen likes to "cope" when he makes mistakes in the minecraft game by saying funny things like "unluckly", or "it's the game's fault". Copium is metaphor, a phyical representation of Forsen's own unwillingness to accept his mistakes. In other words, it's a self-deprecating joke.

It's probably the most popular emote in his chat these days, it's really quite funny. I think it's a bit silly to remove it due to "drugs/drug paraphernalia", because 1) it's not a real drug, it's…

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editable Emoticon Codes before the Unique Code.
    Partners too please, thank you.
    <3

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow us to opt-out of events that gift emotes when another user takes an action. Many of the recent events (e.g. HyperScape, K-Pop, Hispanic Heritage Month, etc.) have emotes that I don't want or find offensive, but I have no choice on whether they're added to my emote list when another user subs or cheers.

I suggest a tick box on the pop-up that appears over a stream to let you know about a new event that lets you choose to not receive any of the event's emotes. Alternatively or in addition, a section of the settings that has…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Being forced to delete an emote and reupload it for approval is unnecessary if we just want to change its name. For example, naming an emote "prefixLul" and later wanting it to be "prefixLUL" means deleting the emote and going a week or two without it while you wait for the exact same thing to be reapproved. The benefits of having a name changing option would be:

A) The new name can enter the approval queue while the emote is still usable under its old name.

B) Approving a name, rather than an emote and a name, is half as…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Just as it says in the title, I think creators would love to have the option to take away Tier 2 and 3 subs to add two more emotes to Tier 1 subs. In my case, I’ve maybe had someone tier 2/3 to me 2-3 times each over the course of my 3 years of being an Affiliate. It’s only usually just once out of the blue, never continuous.

For my stream, I would rather add two more emotes to my first tier, totaling it to a maximum of 7 instead of 5 (for Affiliates) than have a tier 2…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to see the ability for affiliates and partners to have access to more emotes, but more than that I would like at least 3 new groups of emotes for people that are or are not subscribed to my channel.
    1. Emotes for Followers, but not a subscriber
    2. Emotes for VIPs
    3. Emotes for Moderators

This will allow for greater diversity and I believe will spread more awareness for affiliates/partners channel as more users will be using their emotes across the platform.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Team Emotes

Once you are apart of a team there could be 1 or 3 emotes for the team (be it the teams Logo something unique ot the team) so you can use all over. support fellow team members in chat with the emote. also would promote awareness. i think this could add some life to the team system on Twitch

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When a viewer donates at least 1000 bits in a stream, the streamer then has the option to upload a 'special emote' for those viewers. I'd love to see this option roll out to those who gift subs as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently, lots of streamers use so-called "event emotes" for Christmas, Easter and other festivities.
    Currently to use such emotes an affiliate needs to re-submit all his emotes he wants using, for example, the Christmas skin of the emote, he has to resubmit his emote, wait for it to get approved and then after Christmas the same thing.
    My idea is to let streamers have a 2nd set of emotes slots that can get approved but are not visible to anybody.
    When the event comes they can simply switch-in the event set which is already approved and after the event, they…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I see someone has touched on this already, however, I feel it worth reiterating that it would be beneficial to delete emotes or blacklist them from appearing on autocomplete when users type : (colon) to start typing for their emotes.

Deleting emotes: it would be nice to be able to go through individual emotes and delete them on a case by case basis. For example, particular Hyperscape or Hype train emotes that just aren't appealing to a particular user.

Blacklisting emotes on autocomplete: a suitable solution for many people would be to simply make it so that certain emotes don't…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When hovering over an emote in chat I would love to see listed information for the artist it was created by and their social media/ contact info.
    For that info to be easily clicked on to open new tabs to their Twitch channel and to their art social media/ contact info.

Also showing the emote at the largest size to see the emote's art more clearly, the emote's name, and the streamer's channel that it is uploaded to with that being clickable opening a new tab there.

I feel that emotes are a large part of Twitch and it's difficult…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have a higher cost Channel Points redemption for unlocking and/or modifying Tier 2 & Tier 3 emotes - especially as Partners now have up to 5 of each.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi Twitch Team,

I think it would be nice if there would be the possibility to allow users to keep one emote permanetly after being sub for like 12 months in a channel, to receive a further reward for loyality and the money you spent.

Thanks! :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Along with adding integration of twitch chat on the overlay, I thing allowing channel added BTTV (Better Twitch TV) emotes and FFZ (Franker FaceZ) emotes to be show on that chat would be cool as many many people Use these programs for extra emotes and it would make the quality of life way better.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One thing which I feel like would benefit streamers who have a lot of emotes, or streamers who do seasonal emotes, would be what I call an Emote Inventory.

The inventory would be a function of the Edit screen. Once the streamer clicks on the "Edit" option, a button would pop up below the "Delete" button which says "Swap." The streamer would then be presented with their Inventory of inactive emotes, which would each have a check box next to them.

The streamer would select the emote in their active emotes section, then select an emote which they would like…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. So right now with the Emote system, there's a couple of problems that are rising from time to time :

1. To change an emote from a tier into another tier (say, Tier 2 into Tier 1 after unlocking the slot), you pretty much have to wait for the approval to pass through, then have the emote at the ready. This can take between a week and a month (absolutely not first-hand experience ahem).

2. Currently, for a smaller streamer, between 2/3rds to 2/7ths of their emotes are locked behind an impossibly large wall : the tier wall. 2nd and 3rd…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Streamer has the option to upload an emote in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.

SVG enables nice rendering of certain popular styles (sprites, pixel art) across devices and user interfaces. The current image format options are a deterrent to emotes with such art styles.

Performance bugs can be avoided by setting a file size limit or node vector count.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Emotes to be used by Bots, with company logos like Twitter, Instagram, Discord, to support the transported messages.

Maybe also some other emotes (Twitch Prime, or Subways for next Subtember).

As there are some bots with regular Account names, it might be cool if a broadcaster can assign a bot role to a user, and this user can use the bot emotes.

Maybe limiting it to 3 bot users per Channel.

Maybe bot can be similar to mod role, just with the extention to use the emotes/icons.

Or: Allow all with mod-role to use this specific emote set.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi there,

Despite Twitch being all about the content that is created and streamed, I believe emotes serve a very important role in both communication and representation on other streams without being pure advertising, it's subtle but can really help a streamer grow.

This means that viewers can sometimes arrive from the emotes alone, and may not enjoy the content, and so the streamer and viewer will both miss out, the viewer doesn't want to pay a full subscription for the emotes alone, and the streamer will miss out on the revenue from a potential purchase.

I propose a middle…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?