Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scrolling through all of the available emotes (especially on mobile) is a hassle. The frequently used emote section isn't that helpful towards this issue either.
    I'd rather be able to customize an emote bar full of my favorite emotes, or even have multiple customized emote sections to sort them out quickly and efficiently. Perhaps consider allowing users to name the different custom emote sections. I would actually prefer removing (or having an option to remove) the frequently used emote section completely.

I think just making the emote/sub emote layout a bit more customizable overall would be well-received. It would be…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently the sets of emotes in the menu are locked into a specific order, which means you'll often need to waste time scrolling past emotes you'll never use in order to reach the ones you're looking for. The lists also aren't consistent across platforms; for example, my subscription emotes are directly below my recents on the desktop site, but are sandwiched between two sets of permanently unlocked emotes in the iOS and Android apps. (The ability to manually remove these permanent emotes from your account would also be nice.)

With the introduction of channel points and the ability to exchange…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to see for the twitch viewer to be able to organize the twitch emotes you have acquired.
    Number one feature I would like to see is the ability to hide a group or section of certain emotes that you don't use when you go to select an emote from the emote menu.
    For example I would like to hide the option to choose the global emotes. I would also like to hide individual emotes.
    Or have the ability to chose your most used emotes instead of it being automatically curated for you. I'm glad that twitch has…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have some wishes about emote packs.

Opportunity to remove and hide stickers packs.
    - To remove unwanted packs like "Hyperscale", "pride", etc. - personally I don't use/like them, but they take even more place on my emotes list. Or in THIS case to add one more button to settings: deny gifted emotes [or how it's called?].
    - To hide channels' packs: not all channels have really good qualited emotes, so, getting sub I'd love to hide their emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to have the option to toggle on or off emote modification for Tier 2 and Tier 3 (as the viewer) as currently only the streamer can remove those modifications, and for everyone having a subscription at those tiers, and it can appear a bit busy in our emote picker from the subscriber point of view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add keywords to the emotes to make it easier to search for it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. a suvlaki greek

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Si gan a silvio games

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Twitch

Please remove ANELE emote. It's getting really offensive and annoying the way people are using it these days. As a Muslim guy, I'm really offended by this emote and the way it's being used in chats

Please remove it from Twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if I had an emote that worked as both Sleepy and Lurk, if typing :sleep or :lurk both brought up the same result.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. If I like a channel, but don't like certain emotes, I should be able to fine tune which ones will appear in my chat as a viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Korina

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Je sais pas trop comment fonctionne la création d'emotes twitch.

De ce que j'ai pu comprendre il faut être affilié à twitch pour y avoir accès
    Et qu'ils sont contrôlés pour éviter des emotes ayant certains caractères.

Je sais que ce n'est pas le but d'un emote et personnellement je vois pas qui pourrait faire ça (ce n'est que mon avis)
    Mais pour moi, pour qu'une chaîne ce demarque plus qu'une autre il est important qu'elle ait sa propre identitée et que cela passe par son contenu, les activités proposées, l'accueil etc.. et bien évidemment l'apparence de la chaîne une…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have someone available to explain why emotes are rejected or taken down because the given reasons don’t make sense when the emote doesn’t reflect the reason.

I have had the same emote either rejected or taken down on different occasions due to nudity or sexualized content. When I try to see if someone can talk to me about what needs to be changed I get the run around.

If Twitch is going to take down one type/subtype, take ALL of them down, not just the POC ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?