Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

612 results found

1. As it was reported in the Discord API thread here -> https://github.com/discord/discord-api-docs/issues/3139

A limitation in the Twitch's side of the integration produces that animated emotes are synced as static, losing the intended effect. Discord provides support to animated emotes and Twitch was expected to make use of this feature.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think it would be so nice, if the minimum emote size for emotes would increase from 28, 56, 112px to 32, 64, 128px, for example.

It would increase the quality of the emotes, making detailed emotes more noticeable and it would be easier for emote artist to work on them.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow people who have a difficult time reaching affiliate enjoy emotes by allowing everyone access to the follower only emotes, once fully rolled out. It would allow for something special for them to share within their streams even while not affiliate.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Moderators to have different color swords (i.e. the typical green background changes to black, pink, blue, yellow, orange, purple, aqua, red etc) This can help chat distinguish one Moderator from another and can also serve as a personalized thanks for all that mods do by allowing sword color customization. This can also help the streamer identify their moderators easier to see which mod is in chat.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Having extra emote slots unlock based on your Sub Badge would incentivise maintaining a subscription for long periods of time, and will increase the amount of people who maintain a subscription to a channel. This would work in a similar way to Bit badge emote rewards.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the Accounts that have emotes attributed to to use those emotes globally.
    A huge Part of the chat environment is the emotes that are used by chatters all over twitch in every facet, there is even a "Emote Only" chat mode. The artists who create these emotes are generally paid one time a sum between $5-50 depending on complexities etc. yet the subscription required to use those emotes is $4.99/month. This means that for an artist to showcase their emotes they have to pay for the privilege to the extent that no matter what they will eventually be negative…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you please make it so if someone loses a founder badge they can still earn it again in the future ?

I had a mishap in my channel, and twitch support there is no way to fix it. I removed a (Deactivated) Founder thinking it was an old inactive user, but it was actually my longest sub and one of my most active viewers (They had a small suspension on twitch and showed up as Deactivated). A complete mistake on my part, but having it be permanent seems out of place and leaves creators no control over situations like…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Instead of having to scroll past five other followed accounts emotes, the emotes for your channel would always appear first (at the top of the list) So if you want to use the emotes you’re proud to own, use them with ease!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give an option for the Creator to free up their tier 1 emotes for use only on his/her chat to their mods or mods and vips as a treat for their work/fidelity on watching streams.

Many streamers would like to give their bot (who is usually a mod) to message on chat their emotes. And they may also want to give more benefits to their VIPs as well.

So giving an option for they using the stream's emotes only on the stream's chat for free could be a nice thing to do.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I see someone has touched on this already, however, I feel it worth reiterating that it would be beneficial to delete emotes or blacklist them from appearing on autocomplete when users type : (colon) to start typing for their emotes.

Deleting emotes: it would be nice to be able to go through individual emotes and delete them on a case by case basis. For example, particular Hyperscape or Hype train emotes that just aren't appealing to a particular user.

Blacklisting emotes on autocomplete: a suitable solution for many people would be to simply make it so that certain emotes don't…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. there is so much potential by the way of animated emotes, but it feels so stifled for everyone to be limited to a maximum of five slots ever. We'd like to be able to earn at least as many animated slots as we can with static, or at least, allow each bit milestone to come with two slots! one for static, and one for animated. All of the above would be even better.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Three Emote Slots for Mods (& VIPS??)

I think it would be a really nice way of rewarding our mod teams and maybe the VIPs as well for them to have their own separate emote slots.
    Not everyone with a mod badge or a VIP badge can afford to sub outside of getting gifteds, so it would be a really nice idea to implement this for our various communities.

-Saph.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Affiliates are less likely to get a tier 2 or 3 subscription than a partnered streamer would. Remove tier subscription and give affiliates up to 3 emote slots as a baseline

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, if we are viewing chat from phone, we can see the emote in much larger size, but if we are viewing the chat from PC, the emote is very small.

This impact the creativity of the emote due to many emotes are created in details, but with the current size viewed from PC, it is very difficult to express the quality.

Please provide us with options that we can view the emotes in larger size.
    Thank you.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We need more hype train emotes. I've unlocked them all, and I only get the same ole conductor badge each time. Maybe give out special emotes for those who unlock all the hype train emotes? Or even a special badge for those who always participate in the hype train.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On February 26, 2024, DinoDance was redesigned and reanimated.

This redesign completely changed the mood of the emote, and we would prefer the old one back. The new one also appears grainy and the visual language of it is not as clear as its previous versions.

The original DinoDance emote marked a start of an era in Twitch, adding a global animated emote for the public, making it a notable, charming and easily recognizable emote.

Revert the changes and bring back original DinoDance.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Morning all

I've been given access to the follower emotes which is great and now have some snazzy emotes setup for it but there are two things i feel would make this better.

The first is allowing the Streamer to use their own follower emote on anyone's channel in the same way you can with bit emote or sub emotes. for the streamer there should be no restriction.

Secondly i think there should be a Raid specific emote slot which allows both followers and subs to use when you raid someone else's channel.

I completely understand locking follower emotes to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am very happy to see this experiment and to have been included.
    Love to see the breakdown of everything!

It would be a lot easier to analyze all of the wonderful data if it wasn't restricted to 10 lines per page. A dedicated section on the Emotes Page would be the most suitable location so that more information can be displayed at once.

I would also really like to see a 3rd option added that combines "Within Channel" and "Outside Channel" together so that we can see the data across the entire platform.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Type in something like “Reverse” or “UnoReverse” for an uno reverse card emote

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?