Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

613 results found

1. My idea is that instead of people of color having to create their own emotes to represent themselves, how about you make your basic set of emotes more inclusive, so as to not make anyone feel left out or offended? Not everyone is technologically capable and can only manage the basics. Just a suggestion.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Back in 2016 TwitchCon, PJSaltan was down to two contestants being DYoshiiTV(now BlessRNG) & Proton Jon. I was glad I knew both streamers at the time and was happy that the person who won would eventually create an iconic pray Global Emote. That win changed his life for the better to a point he changed his name after the Emote itself.

Now after current events, both the Streamer & the Global Emote are no longer on the site. It does make me look back and see that Proton Jon could have won that Global Emote slot as he was so…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I don't understand why you would allow custom tier names for subscribers but not have custom badges for them?
    Example, if I named my tier 1 Apples and I named my tier 2 Bananas I'd want to have apple and banana badges for them respectively

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Been with twitch since 2011, would be cool if some kind of Twitch ''founder'' badge would be implemented for early users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to add shortcut names to their emotes, instead of trying to remember each partner emotes name or search all the emotes list. For example kpa=Kappa...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The current set of guidelines for Twitch Emotes is a razor-thin line of subjectivity, and it is interpreted differently depending on which human being reviews it.

A year ago I submitted a dancing mango emote that was approved. A few months later it was taken down for violating guidelines on nudity. I reviewed the guidelines with my artist and we blurred the butt part of the dancing in an effort to comply with the guidelines. Please bear in mind that I reached out to twitch and informed them of my very conscious effort to try and follow guidelines, but that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I feel like we don't get enough animated slots, it would be nice to have the same amount for both standard and animated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why?: To keep creators creating content and spending less time managing emotes

How:

Easy: Implement a field on the emote information to add info like "Halloween" or "Christmas" so we can filter emotes by seasons when changing seasonal emotes

Hard: Program the dashboard to automatically swap emotes based on dates, that way once the emote get's uploaded the creator can designate a date or dates for when the emote should be active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change chat identity to a lower subscripe month.
    E.g. you get a 3-Month Chat identity "icon" in "yellow" but you like the "2-Month" Chat identity in "blue" more.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice to be able to customize the moderator emoticon, as is the case with the bits

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We should have customizable Gift Sub Badges like we have for Bits Badges. The exact same functionality, at appropriate tiers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. While attempting to get Instant Upload Eligibility for emotes, I'm struggling to tell how many days I've been live since reaching Affiliate.
    If there was some way of telling the user their progress for Instant Upload I think it would go a long way to making it more clear and understood for new Affiliates that they haven't done anything wrong and are simply working through a process instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bit badges go from 1 cent, to a dollar, to 10 dollars, to 50, to 100. Shouldnt there be a 5 dollar bit badge? and maybe a 25? the badges are insanely steep. I'm an affiliate and I can set literally 28 badges, and yet it costs $10 worth of bits to get the third one. I can set 28 badges and yet people wont see any past the first two. As an affiliate, does twitch ever realistically expect someone to donate 5,000,000 bits? Nobody donates bits past the 100 mark to get the second badge. Theres just no bridge…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A while ago, there was a Pride Event which allowed viewers to collect Limited Time Emotes for Pride. Since the general idea revolved around being more inclusive, I find it odd that the emotes associated with it are exclusive to those who were present for the event.

Please change the Pride Emotes into Global Emotes so everyone who wants to can use them. <3

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So, Twitch implemented the function to edit the people that have Founders Badges, but promptly removed it within 24hours due to a really bad oversight. I am putting this back up so that Twitch DOES NOT simply forget about this feature in its current poorly half-implemented state.

TLDR: Simply remove the fact that notifications are given to the viewers (no emails, no twitch notifications, NOTHING). Let the streamers do this on their dashboard discretely, or at least give US the option to send the notification.

Also in addition, since it has been proven that the records are there, why not…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I disabled animated emotes in live chat, it works on live chat, but on VOD, I see animated emotes on chat.
    I would like to have the same preferences on the animated emotes in VOD chat as a live chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like there to be a pride event just like in 2019 and 2020.

There are many great creators, myself included, who'd love to design new emotes for the comunity to unlock and use all over twitch during pride month.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Blacklist bot accounts for emote stats, as my channel like many others have auto-responses messing up emote stats.

I would also like to see stats of my emotes used in other channels so I can better judge what emotes I need to switch out!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. From Twitch Emote Guidelines:

Prohibited: "Nudity, such as depictions and imitations of nude torsos, buttocks, genitals, and anuses."

This prohibition on emotes has been applied to emotes which are technically unclothed, but feature animals, which are not generally considered nude when unclothed.

In short, please unban cat butt. There is no reason to ban cat butt emotes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Instant upload for emotes is a fantastic thing, but what if those creators who have the ability are also given the option to request approval on a specific emote. When uploading the emote, there can be a dropdown that gives two options - Instant Upload or Request Approval. This would require that their emote is approved by Twitch before it is uploaded, just like normal.

I think this can eliminate any issues that some creators might have with their emotes. If a creator believes that their emote abides by all guidelines but want to make sure, they can request approval…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?