Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. The new beta test of Follower Emotes is great - and look forward to seeing it widely implemented across the platform.

I think a great idea to help with the community aspect of emotes would be to designate ONE of those follow emotes as a 'raid emote'. Something that all followers could use when you raid a channel.

I recognize that the likely implementation would mean that one of the five follower emotes would then be usable across the platform... And that likely goes against the core concept of the follower emote test - but still worth considering!

299 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since affiliate follow-emotes have come live, I've noticed several streamers are unable to use the new features due to suspensions 3 or 5 or more years old. So much so that some streamers can't even recall being suspended, or the reason for suspension, while maintaining a spotless record since then while consistently streaming for years, maintaining long term subscriptions and teams.

Despite otherwise fulfilling all the requirements for "Instant Upload Eligibility Requirements", they remain locked out of these new features, taunted by a link reading "find out how to regain access", with no further support, as they already meet said…

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Partners have the ability to expand their animated emote slots similar to their static emote slots based upon number of subscriptions. Expand up to 10-20 maximum animated emote slots permanently based on current scale model.

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love the idea of follower emotes! I think it's great way to thank people for supporting the channel and dropping a follow! Personally though I think it would be great if they could be used in all twitch channels though instead of just my own twitch chat. I have raid emotes/heart emotes which I use when raiding and it would be nice if all my followers could have access to these emotes and use these during a raid so they can all use them instead of it feeling as more of a sub only emote. Aside from that great…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Each stream team can have 5 emotes and each one is unlocked by being a sub to a member of the team. Each new sub to a team member unlocks another emote. Collect all 5 and you unlock a 6th.

For example, if a creator joins a team that has a nice (animated?) raid emote, they can then move their raid emote out of a more prominent spot.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So Hype Trains have been around for a while now with minimal improvements. Many casters, including myself, don't use them due to their lack of integration, custom styling and lack of purpose. I have a few suggestions that, if enacted, would not only get me to use them but also improve the system overall for all creators.

It breaks down to three main suggestions:

• Allow us to identify the emotes that are rewarded to the userbase. Just like we have a "Sub" and "Follower" emote section in our panel, a "Hype Train" section would be added. This would allow us…

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recently follower emotes can be used on every part ofTwitch by channel subscribers, but these aren't sent to the Discord integration API so that they can be used on their respective servers

When you configure the Twitch-Discord integration the follower emotes simply doesn't appear on the Discord server

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The idea is to allow Streamers to award a single tier 1 Subscription per month for Free with no monetary cost or pay out for the streamer.

This would allow followers to make use of the chat emotes, stop pre-roll adds and even allow them to use sub only chat for one month.

After the month is up, the recipient may be more inclined to pay out for a sub in order to keep the Emotes and to stop Adds.

Streamers could use these Free subs as Prizes after hitting a new goal or rewards to returning viewers or just…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be cool if you could set a specific amount of time you have to have been followed in order to receive the follower emotes.

Similar to i.e. 10 minute followers only chat, the streamer could be given the option to set a time frame for how long someone has to have been followed to get the emotes! Even better so if you can decide it emote specifically

I think that could incentivize coming back to the channel and adds another reward to community members based on their time in the if the streamer so choses.

If the streamer…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Follower Emotes upon Follow would mean you will get 500 emotes for following 100 channels. That's quite a lot of emotes.

It would be less overwhelming to create a small requirement that would unlock permanent Follower Emotes for free (using Channels points or after watching the stream for x amount of time for instance). Though this wouldn't be "Follower Emote" but more like "Loyalty Emote" at that point.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the follower emotes are not showing on the Twitch mobile app

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I’m kind of surprised following the recent rollout of the emote library that there is no way to rename an emote once it’s been uploaded.

Surely a large part of the point of this being implemented was so if someone had festive versions of their emotes for example, they could be uploaded (and where necessary approved) in advance and swapped with the normal version temporarily. As it stands the emote library just provides a quick way to move emotes between sub tiers or follower / bit emote slots

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Many partners have many viewers and much support, but few emotes. More emotes might trigger more subscribers, since you can offer more in return for the support. Partners should get more emotes based on more factors, such as how long they've been partnered, how many page visits they may have generated over time, how many hours they've spent streaming. Thus rewarding the streamer and their communities more by allowing more things to unlock emotes. Everybody wins!

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Users will be able to purchase emotes in an "Emote Shop". Streamers can choose how much to charge for each of their emotes. The user can purchase emotes from various streamers and will be charged monthly for a one lump sum per month, 3 months, 6 months, or unlimited time price. This will encourage revenue for streamers from people that don't want to pay the full subscription price. This will also make people want to collect emotes from different streamers. Perhaps a trophy system of some sort could be included with this system to encourage people to buy more emotes…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is a proposal for additional emote slots for Partners to support Affiliates by raiding their channels. This feature would create a win-win situation for both parties. Partners would get more emotes to express themselves and attract more subscribers, while Affiliates would get more exposure and potential followers. Currently, Partners have access to 60 standard emote slots and 5 animated emote slots. However, many Partners feel that this is not enough, especially compared to other platforms that offer more emote options. Therefore, this feature would provide an additional incentive for Partners to stay on Twitch and grow their channel. The…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When viewers cheer, they use cheermotes and commonly emotes in their cheer messages. Unfortunately, the payload received from EventSub's channel.cheer callbacks only have the raw text as entered by the user, with no indiciation of which portions of that text are cheermotes nor emotes. Thus, I propose the following update to the callback payload, similar to the channel.subscription.message event, that passes along the data for both so that a consumer of EventSub can reconstruct the message:

{
        "subscription": {
        },
        "event": {
            "message": {
                "text": "Rah Rah Cheer! cheerwhal1 Cheer100 notACheer101 finite6ThrowBall",
                "cheermotes": [
                    {
                        "begin": 16,
                        "end":
    31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  2 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 5 is way to big of a number to instantly unlock upon following.

It completely disincentives' the need to sub. I feel like a much better system would be max 3 emotes that unlock over time. For Ex: 10 mins- 6 hours- 24 hours following. In addition to this, if they're only usable in my channel, I may as well continue using BTTV / FFZ and encouraging users to install the browser add on.

A suggestion i saw made by a friend was that three would be perfect. FOR EXAMPLE: Hello, Love/Hype, and a Raid emote. Combine this with the…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow people who have a difficult time reaching affiliate enjoy emotes by allowing everyone access to the follower only emotes, once fully rolled out. It would allow for something special for them to share within their streams even while not affiliate.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of having to scroll past five other followed accounts emotes, the emotes for your channel would always appear first (at the top of the list) So if you want to use the emotes you’re proud to own, use them with ease!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Morning all

I've been given access to the follower emotes which is great and now have some snazzy emotes setup for it but there are two things i feel would make this better.

The first is allowing the Streamer to use their own follower emote on anyone's channel in the same way you can with bit emote or sub emotes. for the streamer there should be no restriction.

Secondly i think there should be a Raid specific emote slot which allows both followers and subs to use when you raid someone else's channel.

I completely understand locking follower emotes to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?