Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. The emote library is a great addition, thank you so much!

As an emote artist it would be great if Moderators and Editors had the ability to upload emotes and manage the live sets, to take the hassle out of handing over regular themed sets, managing replacements/updates, and allowing for more flexibility in switching out the set without having to load this responsibility all on the streamer.

483 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For one reason or another, we as users end up leaving streaming communities. Sometimes it's because the communities are toxic. Seeing the unlocked emotes in the user library can stir up negative feelings, or even trauma sometimes.

We understand that we donated money to the community and unlocked the emotes as a result, but it would be really nice to have the option to remove them from our libraries. This is a way for us as users to be more proactive in protecting ourselves and to maintain our mental health.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow us to give Emotes multiple names in the library e.g. slashi20Love and slashi20Heart both point to the same emote. This would be more convenient for viewers searching via a suffix, allows more consistency across streams, and means streamers don't have to pick between relevant keywords and don't have to eschew community references (say someone in the community once wrote [prefix]Huppy instead of Happy? Well now both Huppy and Happy will result in the emote) when naming emotes.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Inside the emote tab you should be able to sort emotes by channel. I hate having to scroll through them in a random order to find the channel I am looking for, especially my own. The channel I am on and my own channel emotes should be the top 2 of the list!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. From Twitch Emote Guidelines:

Prohibited: "Nudity, such as depictions and imitations of nude torsos, buttocks, genitals, and anuses."

This prohibition on emotes has been applied to emotes which are technically unclothed, but feature animals, which are not generally considered nude when unclothed.

In short, please unban cat butt. There is no reason to ban cat butt emotes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While I know the slots for affiliates got bumped up to 9 within the last year or so, I still think the amount of slots for affiliates (when compared to partners) is incredibly unbalanced. Some affiliates can have thousands of followers, a dedicated community, etc. and still struggle to get partner - so it seems a little unfair to limit affiliates to 9 tier 1 slots when partners can get up to 60 emote slots. I wouldn't say it has to be a drastic/unreasonable number, but 15-20 tier 1 slots, or even giving 5 emotes for tier 2 and tier…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As it stands right now if an emote, specifically an animated one, is animated using Twitch's "Easy Animate" option it uploads into the Emote Library. However, there is no one-click option to download the emotes made this way. Currently you need to download the .0 file and then convert it off-site into a .gif to be able to house this and upload it to, say, Discord for community use.

I'd like to see a download option for each emote, especially animated, in the Emote Library.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I understand that Having More than 5 emotes for a Tier 1 Subscription is a Twitch Partner benefit. Us non Partnered Streamers ( Affiliate) go through the stress of picking and making the perfect emotes. So, often than not a streamer would have to remove an emote that a part of his or her community enjoys cause the Majority Likes Other Emotes More. It's certain that a portion of people won't Subscribe to a Streamer because they are not fond of their emotes. Solution to this is to let Affiliates upload more than 5 emotes for Tier 1. But the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Emotes are a big part of the Twitch experience, and many streamers have different emotes for different occasions (special themed streams, certain games, holidays, etc.).

Instead of having to manually swap out emotes individually, being able to create sets/groups and then being able to toggle between them would save a lot of time. Additionally, it would be great if this ability to toggle sets/groups could be added to the Emotes API.

Another option would be to offer Emotes API which allows Emotes to be individually swapped between active/inactive slots (which would allow streamers to create sets/groups without the feature being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Instead of having the option to Subscribe to Tier 2 or 3, add those emote slots to Affiliates' and Partners' inventory. Those options aren't worth the difference in price, I rarely (if ever) see anyone purchase them, and those emote slots would be better used elsewhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please Revist ReThink Twtich lets add Gifted Sub Emote Slots unlock Slots. Something along these lines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We all know that emotes bring the stream to life. But we also know that it takes a lot of work to unlock slots, especially for smaller streamers. It's always a joy when we have a new slot available, but then why can't there be animated slots in bits? As a small streamer I worked a lot, the path to partner is still a long way off, but I already got all the subscriber points that are allowed in the affiliate, I already received about 20,000 bits, but I can't give more to my subscribers (because I'm limited) to put…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Os emotes sao uma grande ajuda para chamar a atençao de novos interessados, penso que seria bom um recem afiliado poder colocar pelo menos 3 emotes por escalao. Porque no inicio é que precisamos de ajuda para progredir. bom trabalho!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Artists should have free access to emotes they have made for other streamers. The amount of times I have been asked to show off my emotes I've made and not been able to because I'm not currently subscribed to the streamer is frustrating.

We finally have the artist badge, now allow the artists to have some power. Give artists the emotes they have made without paying for subs to all of the streamers they've made emotes for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give us control to disable ones we dont want. Fumbling thru them is frustrating and i try to keep my list to a minimum
    Ones earned for specific donos that streamers often change for example
    Twitch is a TV program to me I don't just follow one streamer and as I bounce around alot if someone caught my urge to donate then I'm happy to do so...but the earned emote - another example of why I'm here

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The option to have a tab in the emote menu where the user can freely set their preferred emotes, as well as the option to hide sub/follower/bit emotes that the user has no intention of ever using for a much more convenient time on the browser and mobile app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1, stop the emote from changing positions when trying to select the same emote multiple time, so annoying.

2, In different streams the peepo,pepe, pepo, emotes are all different. please enable them to be the same because i spend a lot of time trying to find my favorite emotes only to find they are not there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. they should make ai generated emotes. meaning people could type words and they would generate an image.

Thanks,
    Eric

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I and many others use a large number of emotes to hype streams. I am subbed to a lot of streams and it makes it tedious to scroll between subscribers to create an artistic message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?