Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

604 results found

1. The "watching without audio" and "just listening" global badges are genius, but a "CC" badge could be a really handy option to complete the trifecta.

Uses:
    - If you have the stream muted, but with CC enabled (i.e. watching in a public place), so the streamer knows there may be some discrepancies between what they say and what you hear.
    - Shows streamers when they have viewers that want or require CC, which may be the nudge someone needs to get CC set up on their channel.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For the instant upload eligibility and free follower emotes there's no way (that I know of) that you can see how many days you are away from achieving this. There should be a place to see either in analytics or a goal bar in the emotes section. I'm so tired of miscounting and telling my followers we're one stream away only to realize I was wrong.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adding a Head Mod badge in every channel will be a nice way to recognize the head mods. Those who carry the moderation team, take care of chat the most, always there no matter what, manage the channel & more. Each streamer should be able to pick 1 or 2 head mods in their channel and grant them the badge. Let’s release this feature and let chat know that we have some amazing mods working hard behind the scenes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I just saw an Interview from IGN with Phil Spencer and in second two, his face is a perfect emote for a SpencerPog!
    Here's the link to the interview on twitter: https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1694535849231437863

And here are the two versions of the emote I made:
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/688867702915203137/1144363549045575801/spencepog2.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/688867702915203137/1144363300109439088/spencepog1.png

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Badge flairs are extremely difficult to implement in a way that fits aesthetically with different sub-length badges and thus many people opt to not use them. This loses a really effective way to incentivise and reward higher tier subs, meaning making a change that allows streamers more customisation of these badges is beneficial to the creator, their community and even Twitch's revenue as a whole. In place of flair, creators should be able to upload different badges for each tier at each month interval. This would, undoubtedly, increase the amount of T2 and T3 subs by making them more worthwhile.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it. If you have any additional thoughts - feel free to add on in the comments.

6. please add, or make follower only emotes on twitchdev twitch channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have a special badge for streamers to give badges, like the artist badge. I don't want a bunch of junk clips. I would like good quality clips. Picking a good clip is an art, naming them well is even more important. So if I see viewers that are clipping well in my community, I want to be able to reward them well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. twitch should add 5 animated emotes for affiliate level 2 and 3. My subscribers prefer to pay only level 1 like level 2 and 3, I only have one emote :'(.

the benefits for level 1, 2 and 3 subscribers are the same.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Viewers who are part of a raid will often use emotes from the raider's stream, but depending on the order of the emotes in the picker it can take a bit of scrolling to get to those emotes.

When a streamer raids another stream, the raider's emotes should show towards the top of the emote picker temporarily for a few minutes. It could be above or below the raided stream's emotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increase twitch channel VIP count from 100 to 200 atleast, I find it strange that channel cant have more than 100 vips

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How is it possible that channels can use twerk emotes but when I do it it is rejected and the reason is just rubbish and have nothing to do with the emote

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Promote events better, especially when you have a badge. Those who follow the Twitch blog or stay on the site never find out about the global badges. The most recent example is the r/place 2023 badge. There is nothing on the blog and no notification on the Twitch website itself. Only twitter users caught it. Following the Twitch blog to not get notified is a bit pointless. Sad about Twitch's lack of communication with those who actually spend the day on the site and without a badge. It could have a menu of badges with the list of the most…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The game died in January 2022. We need to remove the emotes from the global emotes list. They're ugly, and they ruin any hype emotes you search for via the :hype generated list.

They weren't even emotes to begin with, they were just UI icons from ingame.

Here is the link to the original promotion: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/hyper-scape?language=en_US

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please change the Hype prefix. Sometimes I want to look for a hype emote from people I subscribe to but I cannot find them because the Hype train emotes take up the whole preview list (when I type :hype).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you ban a mod or time them out, that individual loses that badge immediately.. Vip on the other hand does not.. I know it's a simple thing to go into manager and remove them, but If you have to time them out and or ban them. I believe they should lose that status and power just as fast.. that way it is level across the board and makes it a little easier on the streamer, since someone can take up a slot that can sometimes be overlooked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On every 4th of May, Mod badges on every stream should be replaced with lightsabers for 1 day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disabling animated emotes in the chat settings should also disable animated emotes in the chat replay on VODs, which would improve performance and accessibility for many people.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. they should make ai generated emotes. meaning people could type words and they would generate an image.

Thanks,
    Eric

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the way emotes are named, so that they are generic.
    For example.
    StreamernameSlot1
    StreamerNameSlot2

this will make it so emotes can be changed with no need to update commands if a different emote is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think that 5 artist badges is too few. Many streamers have multiple artists for emotes, png/vtuber models, riggers, overlays, brb & starting soon screens. Especially considering that you can have significantly more VIP & Moderators than 5, it seems strange to limit the artists you'd like to recognize to only 5.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?