Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. A Dumpy emote is an emote with a shaking butt in a circle and does not contain nudity or sexually explicit content of any kind. There are over 900 of them on Twitch as of this writing.

Dumpy emotes are incredibly popular among a wide number of communities on Twitch. However, they have been removed by Twitch Moderation at seemingly random for violating the community guidelines.
    Context Here: https://twitter.com/PirateSoftware/status/1686114277491650560

As these emotes are based on a draw-over of the PG movie Open Season from 2006 it seems absurd to ban them from the platform.
    Context Here: https://twitter.com/PirateSoftware/status/1686127545429942278

3,391 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allowing dummy emoji on Twitch can enhance user expression and engagement. Dummy emoji serve as a creative and lighthearted means of communication, allowing users to convey emotions and reactions in a unique way. By permitting these expressive elements, Twitch can foster a more vibrant and interactive community, ultimately enriching the overall user experience on the platform. This inclusivity contributes to a positive and dynamic atmosphere, encouraging users to connect and participate actively in the Twitch community.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We need to be allowed to have yarrDumpy style emotes. These emotes are cute and not ugly at all. Please allow these style of emotes.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. yarrDumpy emote needs to be allowed. It is a cute emote that the community loves and it needs to be allowed.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I propose renaming the 'Founder' badge to something like 'Early' or 'First'. The term 'Founder' misrepresents their identity, as they contributed early money, but didn't "create" the streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd love a streamer-activated quick emote panel. Users can click a small panel above the chat to send emotes, featuring the 10 latest used emotes. Inspired by cough, but I often tab out of games just to click a quick emote, while less frequently without the quick emote menu panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow you to enable or disable whether if your badge should be automatically changed to a newly unlocked badge, such as Bits badge, Gifted sub badge or Hype Train badge.

Often it becomes annoying when you have your favourite badge but you also like support your creator and you get a new badge causing your chosen badge to be changed. Even when having the option to have a custom badge on a specific channel that is not your globally set badge.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello! I know the Dumper-style emotes were kind of cracked down on about 2 years ago, I supposed I was lucky enough to have mine only taken down last month, however with the new TOS guideline update that now allows twerking/pole dancing (without needing some sort of content label), on top of allowing things like artistic nudity which includes genitals/breasts or body art and the like, I think the Dumper-style emotes should be allowed back on Twitch.

Since the Dumper-style emote is literally a twerk emote, and twerking/pole dancing is now allowed on Twitch without any content labels, I think…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Streamers that are unaware of there mic volumes being super quiet or loud to the games level are largely left to suffer in silence. Since new viewers arn't likely to want to get into a debate on whats wrong with there audio if there just browsing.

I propose a few sound related global emotes that allow chat to quickly tell a streamer there stream audio is muted, mic volume is to high/low or game volume is to high/low etc.

This will make things easier to explain whats wrong without long descriptions and improve chances that someone passing is more willing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Using the "shake" feature in Twitch's emote upload menu caused a black background to show up in parts of the emote. I found it tolerable. However, the emote ended up being rejected, and in the rejection email, for some reason the smallest version of the emote was bright white, unlike in my previews when making it, after submitting it, and unlike the two larger versions present in the email.
    I'm pretty disappointed that a bug in twitch's system is going to hamper my ability to gain instant upload privileges and would like to see that as soon as possible, since…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to see my Follower Emotes appear in the "Frequency Used" section of the chat on other channels for my subscribed users.
    Twitch was recently added the ability to upload Follower Emotes without Instant Upload Eligibility. I have added mainly easy-to-use some emotes there, as I want listeners to feel free to use them. However, the Follower Emotes do not appear in the "Frequency Used" of subscribed users who can also use Follower Emotes on other channels.
    This is not in line with the current Twitch specs where subscribed user can use Follower Emotes on other channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. (Not sure where the best place for this topic would be - any help transferring is much appreciated)

After working across a spectrum of industries and experiencing a great deal of success on Twitch after a short period of time working as a live stream digital asset Artist - I feel there is an opportunity to further support the Artists who contribute so much to a community's voice and live stream engagement with an “Artist Dashboard”.

This Dashboard should be designed to provide the data necessary to help develop an artist’s sense of self-worth and the overall value of their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch recently gave affiliates and partners more slots for animated emotes. However, one issue is that you cannot unlock animated emotes using channel points as a viewer. I know it would be hard to modify animated emotes, but we should at least be able to unlock them with channel points. This would give streamers like me the opportunity to reward our viewers for spending time in our streams.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO FURTHER CUSTOMIZE OUR BADGES!

Similar to how we can upload our own emotes, I think we should be able to customize current or create new badges for viewers. Specifically, I believe these specific current roles could use this feature:

1. Moderator. I'd like to change the sword to something that reflects my channel! I'm sure others do too.

2. There should be a customizable bit badge option for the leaders on the bit donation leaderboard! 1rst through 3rd place should be awarded with its own badge until the board is refreshed or someone steals their spot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The current set of guidelines for Twitch Emotes is a razor-thin line of subjectivity, and it is interpreted differently depending on which human being reviews it.

A year ago I submitted a dancing mango emote that was approved. A few months later it was taken down for violating guidelines on nudity. I reviewed the guidelines with my artist and we blurred the butt part of the dancing in an effort to comply with the guidelines. Please bear in mind that I reached out to twitch and informed them of my very conscious effort to try and follow guidelines, but that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you regarding the Verified Status designation process on your platform. As a frequent Participant who engages with your community, I believe there is a compelling case to be made for opening up Verified Status to non-streaming accounts.

At present, the Verified badge is primarily reserved for Partners - those who stream regularly and have met specific monetization thresholds. However, there are many valued members who contribute to discussions and shape the overall user experience without streaming themselves. By verifying certain Participant accounts based on clear participation guidelines, your company could recognize these influential voices…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When "Use Custom Badge for This Channel" has been selected, don't replace it with hype train conductor or gift leader badges. I don't want to select my preferred badge again my badge is replaced by something else.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I understand that letters can be used to spell bad things. In that case I dont have much to suggest for addition. And of course it isnt very cool to add a feature that just gives mods more work. Myself and many would agree that at the least, letters like W & L would be a fun addition. I of course feel the opposite about adding all sorts of letters and especially not common spelling ones, such as vowels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We need more animated emotes for affiliated and partners. Cause I use 7TV buI'd id rather use twitch ones. Twitch ones can be seen by all and 7tv not.

Do 1 animated for tier 2 and tier3 subs and 1 for each bit tier. Also go from 5 to 8 or 10 animated for affiliated and 15 to 20 for partners or so. For me that would be less reason to use 7tv and I love the emotes from the channels I'm subbed to

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Since baldurs gate 3 came out why can’t we have an animated or static d20 dice emote

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?