Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think it would be great for people who go above and beyond with the support with Tier 2 and Tier 3 subscriptions to get more for their sub aside from just 1 additional emote, so I think it would be good to have "Evolving Emotes" So for example say if you had Charmander themed emotes as your tier 1 slot. A Waving Charmander Tier 1 Emote would become a Waving Charmeleon at Tier 2 and a Waving Charizard at Tier 3. If you have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 subscription you could choose which of these 3 would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I love the idea of follower emotes! I think it's great way to thank people for supporting the channel and dropping a follow! Personally though I think it would be great if they could be used in all twitch channels though instead of just my own twitch chat. I have raid emotes/heart emotes which I use when raiding and it would be nice if all my followers could have access to these emotes and use these during a raid so they can all use them instead of it feeling as more of a sub only emote. Aside from that great…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I no longer follow a channel due to personal reasons. I'd like to be able to remove any and all emotes I've accrued over donations, can we get a feature on Mobile/desktop to remove said emotes from our emote picker?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be awesome to have a cmonSis alternative to cmonBruh. Let's get that DEI in line!

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently, Follower Emotes can only be used in the channel they're for, while the user is followed to the channel. This means as a broadcaster, I have to decide between which emotes can't be used anywhere else, and which I can provide to followers to use in my channel without a subscription.

Ideally, it would be nice if subscribers to a channel would be able to use Follower Emotes anywhere on Twitch, as they currently use Subscriber Emotes. This would give an added benefit to subscribers, with additional emotes in other channels, while still allowing followers to use the selected…

637 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi,

So I had this idea of having a feature where ANY people can request ANY emote to be added to twitch like FFZ or BTTV, and Twitch mods could approve or deny them, but here's the catch. To add an emote you need to pay let's say 0.20$ and if it gets approved for people who stream or if you wanna add it to your own channel you need to pay 0.05$. 0.03$ goes to the emote creator if somebody buys the emote and 0.02$ to twitch.

ez money if u ask me.

also partners should have it cheaper…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am proposing a big change to the global emotes, I notice that there are too many, and it also becomes very difficult to find a specific one.
    So, remove the worst emotes like those badly cut out ones or the less used ones, and replace they with pepo emotes, everyone likes pepo, but now they are they're available only through third party extensions (and are of very poor quality) or from some sub peposad. i think it can be a good idea and will permit to all the twitch users to use pepo emotes, also phone users instead of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The emote library is a great addition, thank you so much!

As an emote artist it would be great if Moderators and Editors had the ability to upload emotes and manage the live sets, to take the hassle out of handing over regular themed sets, managing replacements/updates, and allowing for more flexibility in switching out the set without having to load this responsibility all on the streamer.

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Living in a legal state for marijuana, you should be allowed to have banners, emotes, etc with marijuana related themes. It's a fun way to connect with your chat, whom will enjoy the art and emotes. It harms nobody. You guys allow people to do drinking/drunk streams which is much worse than smoking by far, and we all know that. ~ On that note. We should allow emotes and things like that to have a marijuana related theme.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Affiliates really do deserve a few more emote slots....
    I think 10 would be perfect.
    2 for the tier slots instead of just 1 would really help out a lot as well.

I've been an affiliate for over a year now and I have so many great ideas for emotes but the slots we have make it so I have to really narrow down my options to a select few, which can hinder growth a bit on the platform when compared to partners who have 5x the amount of slots.

Might just be my option but this seems like a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This idea comes in 2 parts

1. Allow creators to manually adjust the position of emote modifiers for their emotes (Ex. Adjusting the sunglasses modifier to overlap with the eyes of a LUL emote)

2. Allow creators to upload custom modifiers for their emotes that users can select from when redeeming channel points

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I saw Twitch use my emote "KomodoChomp" that I uploaded to bttv last year to showcase their new sub animated emote feature. Which was cool even though I didn't give them permission to do so.. (I don't own the rights to the images in the emote so I don't care). If twitch ever decides to add Global Animated Emotes to the platform in the future, they have my full endorsement to add KomodoChomp to the roster :) https://betterttv.com/emotes/5f3296d9afb6965d6e7b70a4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I understand that Having More than 5 emotes for a Tier 1 Subscription is a Twitch Partner benefit. Us non Partnered Streamers ( Affiliate) go through the stress of picking and making the perfect emotes. So, often than not a streamer would have to remove an emote that a part of his or her community enjoys cause the Majority Likes Other Emotes More. It's certain that a portion of people won't Subscribe to a Streamer because they are not fond of their emotes. Solution to this is to let Affiliates upload more than 5 emotes for Tier 1. But the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello,

As a Twitch Partner getting access to Animated Emotes or .gif Emotes today (6/17/2021) was fantastic. One huge draw that I noticed is that this does not incentivize any subscriber to subscribe at Tier 2 or Tier 3 anymore.

Subscribers now have the most benefits at Tier 1 when all 5 of these slots are placed there.

I would love the opportunity to improve on Sub Emotes by having the ability to move these slots to reward subscribers who donate at a higher tier. This way Subscribers at Tier 2+ do not feel left out. For example: If I…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. https://www.change.org/twitchpride a petition to add more pride hearts to twitch's global emote library :)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If a person donated money to gifting subscriptions to a channel equal to the amount of money needed to cheer bits to unlock emotes. Then the emotes should also unlock. Gifting subs gives twitch and streamer the same percentage of money there is no reason why gifting subs is not also rewarded with the same emotes as bit cheers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please give us the option to hide/remove bit emotes that we've earned from streamers we have supported in the past, but no longer do. It can be upsetting for the individual to see these emotes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pretty self explanatory, really. I feel we as emote artists should have optional access to the work we provide for streamers via commissions. What better way than to allow streamers to manually link an emote artists channel to the respective emotes drawn from them. That way the emotes can be enjoyed regardless of Tier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i really like the NewRecord emote and would love to see it kept in global emotes

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?