Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

612 results found

1. So I got this idea

How about making badges for those who gift different tiers of subs.
    For example
    If someone were to gift TIER3 sub they would get this shiny ✨ thing on their sub gifter badges
    If they gifted tier2 they’d get the same but for tier2
    And tier1 would just be normal
    People would also be able to choose if they wanted to hide the badge flair or keep it on the sub badge they have

Also another idea for the twitch community
    Emotes for sub gifters
    First sub gifter is just a cute emote but after…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think it's a bit of a shame that the "Artist" role has no other use except as a badge. Especially since the artists then also have to subscribe - and pay - themselves to ultimately be able to use the emotes that they themselves have created for the streamer.

So my girlfriend, who makes my emotes for me, still has to pay to be allowed to use these "own" emotes in the chat.

I would like it if the artists would get a special position and get access to their own emotes without a subscription. You could tie this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A simple emoji/emote store (outside of creators streams). Like a general store where users can buy and earn bling to use on the user page and in stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Since there is a badge for emote artists, I think it would be a good idea to have a badge so a streamer can acknowledge video editors in their chat, from my experience a video editor is more likely to work much closer with the streamer than an emote artist, most emote artists do a commision 1 time and never even come into the streamers chat, so why not give video editors a badge too?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Now Twitch allows streamers to remove the founder badge from the users who are no longer part of the community. It's now time for Twitch enables creators to customize the founder & VIP badge for their channels. Like how sub badges, when first become an affiliate, Twitch has a native star badge before you customize it. The same goes with the bit badges, you can also customize that now. It's time to do the same for Founder & VIP. Let's complete the rest. It would make the community chat feels and look more unique and diverse in the world of…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So, Twitch implemented the function to edit the people that have Founders Badges, but promptly removed it within 24hours due to a really bad oversight. I am putting this back up so that Twitch DOES NOT simply forget about this feature in its current poorly half-implemented state.

TLDR: Simply remove the fact that notifications are given to the viewers (no emails, no twitch notifications, NOTHING). Let the streamers do this on their dashboard discretely, or at least give US the option to send the notification.

Also in addition, since it has been proven that the records are there, why not…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To help channels with moderation and engaging viewers sent by another stream:

I propose that the /raid and /host commands accept a short Optional text after it to indicate their raid or host message, and a special chat badge be granted to visiting chatters for a limited period of time (5-10 minutes) who come in after a host or raid from another channel they were watching, and Mouse hover-text over the raid badge and an IRC Tag visible to moderation bots be added to the raiders' chat messages indicating which raiding channel a user last came in from.

The badge…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We could Make an option to have a favorites emotes and not just frequently used. When on mobile it is a pain trying find an emote when you can’t search for them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a feature that you can change color or the badge of a moderator and vip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch seems to be so ardent on making "safe spaces" for everyone, except if you are an American or a resident of the American South. Even if they can't say slurs anymore, streamers/chatters have become hyper-focused in spewing random hate towards the accepted stereotypes. This is awful when you try to watch a stream, like Vargskelethor's for example, since Joel can't say funny slurs like it's 2010 anymore he just goes on about "dumb American hillbillies hehehe". Only one example, it is rampant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the new follower emotes, there is now a reason to aim for instant upload eligibility quickly. Or at least the need to prepare for it (e.g. by hiring artists).

However, nowhere on the dashboard does it say how many of the necessary 60 days one has streamed already, which leaves streamers to guesswork or long-winded calculation.

I assume you have such a stat on the program backend to verify the eligibility yourself, so would you mind making it visible to us creators?

Unofficial websites can't differentiate between days streamed as an Affiliate and those before.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For convenience i think you should be able to edit your emote from the library rather than having to delete it and reupload it

Some examples include
    • Changing the name of the emote
    • Changing the emote but not the name (maybe you recommissioned it or redrew it)
    • Changing the portrait of an animated emote
    • Changing the "easy animate" of an animated emote

Depending on the change the emote could go to revision if instant upload has not been unlocked, this deletes the process of having to delete an emote for a minor edit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is a bad idea and should not be implemented we shouldn't be robbing people of their founder badges it is supposed to be a rare and unique thing to get for being the first few to support the channel, not passed around from person to person like a VIP badge please rethink this decision and put back the way it was before

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, Follower emotes are only unlocked by 60 unique days of streaming within a 2-year period within the same Affiliation period. Using myself as an example, following the inaction on hate raids last year, I unaffiliated for a month or two as it was the only way I felt like I could get Support’s attention to the issue. Several streamers I know did the same in that period of time. I’ve since reaffiliated to give my regulars as many perks as I can for being in chat and subbing, which brought this Follower emote issue to my attention.

Regardless of…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 이모티콘 업로드가 파일 형식을 jpg,png로 맞추고 사이즈와 용량도 맞췄는데도 업로드중 표시만 뜨고 업로드가 몇분동안 안됩니다. 이거 왜이런가요?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How is the "You're trash" emote a thing? I'm baffled.
    No one should be able to express toxicity using a single emote and bypassing chat automod.
    Remove from Twitch the emotes that express toxicity WITH WORDS IN IT. Of course we can't do much for just a trashcan emote. But if the emote has words that express toxicity, that emote should never exist.

I visit often a sleep stream and the mods put on the Emote Only mode to prevent weird comments if they are afk for a bit. But multiple times the "You're trash" emote has been used in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We need new set of Hype Train emotes more often than now. Current ones have been up 7 months already. Also the harder to get Bonus Emotes should be animated type. Like others suggested before, if refresh is this slow an option to backfill from earlier sets should be added.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would love for there to be analytics available to those who are emote attributers. For example:

How many emotes have been attributed to you.
    Total Usage across twitch.
    Most popular emote.

Would be very beneficial to those who make emotes for users and want more insight! Absolutely love the new attribution feature <3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If I want to use a modified version of one of my own emotes (grayscale, squished, sunglasses, etc), I have to go to my own channel page, spend some of my infinity channel points on it, and then it's unlocked for me for the next 24 hours. Why? Can I just have an option to make all modified versions of my own emotes appear in the emote picker without having to "buy" them?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please stop this ridiculous assault on emotes. A simple emote of an animated character shaking their bum is not sexual in nature. It's just a bit of fun, and especially considering the other things Twitch allows on it's platform one simply can't fathom why an emote of a make believe video game character shaking their bum would be offensive. One simply has to spend 5 seconds browing the ASMR or hot tub categories to see content that is blatantly sexual and yet Twitch seems to take no issue with it whatsoever.

Please explain to me why an emote of Tingle,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?