Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. I think it could be cool, if there were some emotes that could only be used by vips. It would bring more reward to being recognised as a VIP in a channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We haven’t had a new emote event since the hindsight emote event they were fun to collect emotes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a streamer is suspended for nearly any offense there is a seemingly random (from the users POV) chance they will lose access to instant upload emotes and follower emotes PERMENENTLY (yes this happens.. a lot). This isn't really a fair or not fair issue, but results in a lot of fear and anger at the random permabans of features for a short term suspension (which was the REAL punishment)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Moderators really need the features to do predictions/polls, approve/deny comments caught by automod, rewind the stream to clip easier & to be able to click on a user and see their message history & # of gifted subs, etc. PLEASE PLEASE! it's hard to mod correctly on mobile. The addition of the emote/sub/follower only mode was a HUGE HELP though. Ya'll are on the right track!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I’m super happy with emote attributions. But I’d love to have a panel on my about page or a new tab that allowed users to see all my emotes from across Twitch in one place! It would be amazing for streamers who are potentially looking for art to be able to see all the active channels who are using my art currently!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recently, a streamer I follow had a few of their emotes removed without warning, some of their most popular emotes. Twitch Support couldn't give them a straight answer as to why. These emotes were approved by Twitch staff since they didn't have instant emote approval when they were made, but they got removed after months and months AND the streamer's instant approval privileges got revoked. They just got the email saying their emotes were removed. They were deemed "sexual," (even though they aren't sexual, and there are much worse emotes out there), and they couldn't challenge the moderation - emailing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Slots for streamer specific emotes that only streamers and mods can use.
    For example:
    Tier 1 Emotes
    Tier 2 Emotes
    Tier 3 Emotes
    Bits Emotes
    Streamer Emotes

These emotes can ONLY be used by streamers/mods and be used to do commands like !hype that can auto generate the emotes in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. REINSTATE instant upload and follower emotes after suspension. 60 days of reformed streaming and no intention to have a violation again should be enough to gain instant upload back. The requirements are clear but you contradict them saying if you have a suspension you lose all privileges? This is a slap in the face to those who are false reported. It’s a slap to anyone who has an emote wrongly removed.

After 60 days of no infractions affiliates should be allowed to instant upload and have follower emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can you please make it so if someone loses a founder badge they can still earn it again in the future ?

I had a mishap in my channel, and twitch support there is no way to fix it. I removed a (Deactivated) Founder thinking it was an old inactive user, but it was actually my longest sub and one of my most active viewers (They had a small suspension on twitch and showed up as Deactivated). A complete mistake on my part, but having it be permanent seems out of place and leaves creators no control over situations like…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A way to see times streamed somehow. Its hard to keep track when follower emotes would get unlocked especially if a stream has stretched over multiple dates, (midnight streams) and shows up on the graph as two pillars
    I believe there used to be an achievement for tracking something like this, but i could remember wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create the functionality to allow streamers to choose individual subscriber or bits emotes that they would like to DISABLE from global use.

Currently, Follower emotes are restricted to a streamer's channel... It would be great to see streamers be able to exclude certain emotes from global use, particularly for emotes that aren't inherently harmful but just not likely to be understood outside of the community. Something that works in my community might not work in someone else's - this would, in effect, reduce harm or the necessity to remove emotes that are seen as 'bullying' if they are isolated to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Seeing your own usage is relatively useless and actually hurts your ability to judge how popular emotes are amongst your community.

Optional: be able to set a list of accounts to ignore as well!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Moderator speaking here.

I think it would be a nice thing to have various Moderator/Editor Badges that indicate how long this user has been Moderator for this Channel already, Just like with the Sub Badges.

If the Badges vary from little changes in the badge itself that are provided from Twitch itself or are customizable by the Channel Owner or even if the Badge stays the same, and it just adapts to the Sub Badge that when you hover your mouse over the badge that it aside from badge indication also displays the duration next to it, like when you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow the special character of exclamation point (!) and question mark (?) to be used in emote names. This would allow the emote to be used to trigger a bot command when the bot requires the ! to recognize the command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be a great feature to add "follow time badge". For exaple if someone follows channel for 1, 3, 6, 12 months or 1, 3, 5, 10, 15 years it would be really nice to display user's "follow time badge". This feature will diversify chat and this will increase value of chat's view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Partners have the ability to expand their animated emote slots similar to their static emote slots based upon number of subscriptions. Expand up to 10-20 maximum animated emote slots permanently based on current scale model.

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So Hype Trains have been around for a while now with minimal improvements. Many casters, including myself, don't use them due to their lack of integration, custom styling and lack of purpose. I have a few suggestions that, if enacted, would not only get me to use them but also improve the system overall for all creators.

It breaks down to three main suggestions:

• Allow us to identify the emotes that are rewarded to the userbase. Just like we have a "Sub" and "Follower" emote section in our panel, a "Hype Train" section would be added. This would allow us…

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have so many emotes from streamers that I currently follow and no longer follow due to bit unlock emotes. It would be nice to only see the emotes I care to see. Recently used doesn't really help because it keeps emotes there that I don't want to use anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So I got this idea

How about making badges for those who gift different tiers of subs.
    For example
    If someone were to gift TIER3 sub they would get this shiny ✨ thing on their sub gifter badges
    If they gifted tier2 they’d get the same but for tier2
    And tier1 would just be normal
    People would also be able to choose if they wanted to hide the badge flair or keep it on the sub badge they have

Also another idea for the twitch community
    Emotes for sub gifters
    First sub gifter is just a cute emote but after…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?