Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

17 results found

1. Currently, Follower Emotes can only be used in the channel they're for, while the user is followed to the channel. This means as a broadcaster, I have to decide between which emotes can't be used anywhere else, and which I can provide to followers to use in my channel without a subscription.

Ideally, it would be nice if subscribers to a channel would be able to use Follower Emotes anywhere on Twitch, as they currently use Subscriber Emotes. This would give an added benefit to subscribers, with additional emotes in other channels, while still allowing followers to use the selected…

1,109 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hello! Happy to let everyone here know that this feature has been implemented! Follower emotes should now be available to use across Twitch for channel subscribers. Please continue to provide us with your valuable feedback so we can continue to improve on ways to celebrate and reward your community. Thank you and have a great day!

2. Have a possibility to add animated emotes for subscribers. Instead of using the BetterTTV extension.

183 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all!

Earlier in the year we launched Animated Emotes for Partners and now we are excited to share that they are now available for Affiliates!

Affiliates will start with one Animated Emote slot with the ability to unlock up to five. You’ll be able to manage and upload Animated Emotes from your Emotes page. This update will begin rolling out today and we expect all Affiliates to have access to their Animated Emotes over the next several weeks.

You can learn more about getting started with Animated Emotes here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/animated-emotes

3. Allow Artist x Streamers to give Artist Attribution to Emotes they made for their own channel too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a lot of streamers are probably aware there are a lot of people who came by streams at the start who may have subscribed and got the founder badge but no longer show up, this means people who do still show up but missed out on the badge due to being the 11th sub etc can not have it, or if a partners channle 26th sub cannot have it.

I think the streamer having the ability to remove the founder badge from a user and have it go to the next available user would be very beneficial so they…

993 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey y'all! Just wanted to give an update on the Founders Badge improvements made. We recently announced on our Twitch Support Twitter that we were rolling back this feature to fix an issue some users were experiencing. We’re happy to say that the improvements we made to Founder’s badges are back online! You can learn more about this change here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/founders-badge

Thank you for your patience - We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you continue to leave us your valuable feedback!

5. Hi,

Recently I've been seeing Animated Emotes on the ESLSC2 twitch chat. Honestly I like the idea of animated emotes in general. But I would like a way to hide them in settings or show a static version of them.

I normally just close twitch chat because I just get way to distracted by them.

Thanks for looking,
    Karl.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there! So sorry for missing this, but it's possible to disable animated emotes under your chat appearance preferences in chat settings. 

Hope this helps and thanks for the feedback!

6. When hovering over an emote in chat I would love to see listed information for the artist it was created by and their social media/ contact info.
    For that info to be easily clicked on to open new tabs to their Twitch channel and to their art social media/ contact info.

Also showing the emote at the largest size to see the emote's art more clearly, the emote's name, and the streamer's channel that it is uploaded to with that being clickable opening a new tab there.

I feel that emotes are a large part of Twitch and it's difficult…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all! Happy to announce that we have launched the Artist Badge and Emote Attribution feature. This will accredit emote artists through emotes in chat, as well as a chat badge the creator can assign to their emote artist.

You can learn more about this feature as well as leave us suggestions here: https://link.twitch.tv/UVAttribution

Thank you for your continued feedback!

7. It would be nice if the lesbian flag emote was changed, as the current one being used has transphobic and lesphobic backgrounds. if you search lesbain flag, the new, more inclusive one should be there so that you have reference. it has shades of orange on the top.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

Thank you for the feedback on this! We have updated the LesbianPride global emote on Twitch!

8. I feel as a small streamer we dont get enough emote slots.
    The 5 you unlock for 50 Subs, and the 2 extra for the Tier 2 and 3.
    I feel like 10 emote slots would be a good fit for a affiliate streamer.

Not everyone gets partnered and i feel the emote slots are a bit unbalanced.

Of course this is how i see it. There could be a reason that i am not aware of.
    But i feel with the recent changes smaller streamers arent really getting a chance.

I really feel like 10 (2 being the other…

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey All!

Based on feedback from the community we are excited to share that we are upping the initial amount of emotes that are unlocked for Affiliates to five! Through reaching different milestones you will be able to unlock up to nine emote slots total.

This update starts rolling out today, and we expect all Affiliates to have access to these additional slots over the next several weeks. And, yes Partners, this change will carry over and increase the slots you have available as well unless you’ve already unlocked the maximum amount.

You can find more information from our blog post here: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/11/18/more-emotes-more-ways-to-connect-in-our-massive-emote-update/

9. I would like to see the ability for affiliates and partners to have access to more emotes, but more than that I would like at least 3 new groups of emotes for people that are or are not subscribed to my channel.
    1. Emotes for Followers, but not a subscriber
    2. Emotes for VIPs
    3. Emotes for Moderators

This will allow for greater diversity and I believe will spread more awareness for affiliates/partners channel as more users will be using their emotes across the platform.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you get gifted a sub, you can't subscribe by yourself that month, so you lose the chance to get the Founder Badge. So instead, the badge should apply to all types of subscribing.

For example you find a new streamer, you want to sub to it but someone gifts you a sub before having the chance to do it. Later, they get over 10 subscribers so you lose the chance to have the founder badge (even though you were one of the first 10).

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

Hey all!

A bit late on the update here, but wanted to inform any who weren’t already aware that we did build this!

You can find more info here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/founders-badge

Receiving a gift subscription will qualify you for Founders Badge if the gifted sub is amongst the first 10 (for Affiliates) or first 25 (for Partners) Prime or paid subscriptions on the channel. The gifted recipient must choose to continue their gifted sub while there are still badges left to earn. If they do not choose to continue as a paid sub, their Founder Badge will be given to the next user in the queue.

11. Estoy de acuerdo con una sugerencia que leí, sería bueno que los afiliados tuvieran más ranuras de emotes en el nivel 1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice, especially for small streamers, to be able to switch emotes of a tier to another one and not let ours viewers without any emote while we update the tier 1. If we already have approved emotes, we should be able to switch their tiers. I think would be very useful for all streamers while we update emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Channel Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently a viewer can only see or preview the subscriber emotes. There is no place they can be informed of emotes they can earn as rewards for giving bits. Please add in the bits panel a preview or showcase of channel emotes a viewer can earn by giving bits to the channel.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lovingly lifted from the comments section of: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7x9vrv/please_let_us_change_emotes_without_deleting_the/

Two things -

1. Deleting of emotes when want to change them is a pain. It means subscribers lose one of the (few) benefits that are given to them at the affiliate level. It's just that the approval process takes so long, that not being able to use anything while waiting for approval stinks.

2. I think it would be great if we could have a library of previously approved emotes, so we can swap them out for holidays, etc. If you want to keep it to 3 active emotes for affiliates, that's all…

580 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My Idea would fit more for Partners then for Affiliates, I think.

It would be awesome to have 1 Emote Slot free for Followers, so People can Follow my Channel and get this one special Emote as thank you.

This would directly create a sympathy between Streamer and Follower, and Followers eventually want more Emotes from the channel when they already like the follower Emote, this would raise the support insanely, I think.

Also People can share your emote with other viewers/streamers and just have a good time with some free emotes from their Favorites channels/streamers.

I personally enjoy it…

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all! 

They're finally here! Follower Emotes are now available to all Partners and Affiliates with instant upload eligibility! 

16. I don't know if it's different for Partners than for Affiliates, but as an affiliate I have to delete my old emote before I can upload a replacement. That means my only sub emote for tier 1 is unavailable for my subs until the new one is approved by Twitch, which could take days.

Please add the ability to upload a replacement (including using the same short code or changing it if needed) without needing to delete the old one first.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. as it is currently, hovering the cursor over a sub emote shows the text command for that emote, which is largely useless but fine

the problem i see here is that clicking on a sub emote does nothing, specifically, it does not tell people what channel the user acquired that emote from and it does not help that user to promoting and share with others that channel which they feel is worth subscribing to

clicking on a sub emote should display it's origin, in a similar way that clicking a username shows some information about that user's channel

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?