Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

612 results found

1. can you make the R) global emote for monkey emote set a pirate monkey instead of a monkey with a purple hat. the default set is a pirate smiley which i think is much cooler and more useful than a smiley with a hat, so there needs to be a pirate monkey emote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When viewers cheer, they use cheermotes and commonly emotes in their cheer messages. Unfortunately, the payload received from EventSub's channel.cheer callbacks only have the raw text as entered by the user, with no indiciation of which portions of that text are cheermotes nor emotes. Thus, I propose the following update to the callback payload, similar to the channel.subscription.message event, that passes along the data for both so that a consumer of EventSub can reconstruct the message:

{
        "subscription": {
        },
        "event": {
            "message": {
                "text": "Rah Rah Cheer! cheerwhal1 Cheer100 notACheer101 finite6ThrowBall",
                "cheermotes": [
                    {
                        "begin": 16,
                        "end":
    31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  2 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Let us use channel points to modify animated emotes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Emote Analytics is AWESOME, first off. Sincerely, thank you.

It's a bit weird having the modified versions listed separately though, and makes it a little difficult to determine which emotes are overall underperforming as the modified usages clutter up the bottom of the listing.

I suggest rolling the modified usage numbers into the main emote's, and being able to click on an emote to expand a sub-list breakdown showing normal vs each modifier usage. This would simplify the list and provide a more realistic picture of overall emote usage, but still allow access to that data for edge-cases (like determining…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I only uploaded 1 emote so far and it's been a week and STILL hasn't been approved yet, and seeing how many people below are actually complaining, it seems you need to start getting on the ball about approving things.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We haven’t had a new emote event since the hindsight emote event they were fun to collect emotes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a streamer is suspended for nearly any offense there is a seemingly random (from the users POV) chance they will lose access to instant upload emotes and follower emotes PERMENENTLY (yes this happens.. a lot). This isn't really a fair or not fair issue, but results in a lot of fear and anger at the random permabans of features for a short term suspension (which was the REAL punishment)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When typing twitch emotes, the emote previewer has caused my chat window to be much slower and when copy/pasting emotes it regularly causes the window to freeze. This should either be removed or an option to disable the emote preview should be added. I have found zero value and have only negative emotion toward the emote preview feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I’m super happy with emote attributions. But I’d love to have a panel on my about page or a new tab that allowed users to see all my emotes from across Twitch in one place! It would be amazing for streamers who are potentially looking for art to be able to see all the active channels who are using my art currently!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recently, a streamer I follow had a few of their emotes removed without warning, some of their most popular emotes. Twitch Support couldn't give them a straight answer as to why. These emotes were approved by Twitch staff since they didn't have instant emote approval when they were made, but they got removed after months and months AND the streamer's instant approval privileges got revoked. They just got the email saying their emotes were removed. They were deemed "sexual," (even though they aren't sexual, and there are much worse emotes out there), and they couldn't challenge the moderation - emailing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 5 is way to big of a number to instantly unlock upon following.

It completely disincentives' the need to sub. I feel like a much better system would be max 3 emotes that unlock over time. For Ex: 10 mins- 6 hours- 24 hours following. In addition to this, if they're only usable in my channel, I may as well continue using BTTV / FFZ and encouraging users to install the browser add on.

A suggestion i saw made by a friend was that three would be perfect. FOR EXAMPLE: Hello, Love/Hype, and a Raid emote. Combine this with the…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I know custom prefixes are only avaliable for partners and I respect that, but autogenerated names for prefixes trend to be so wrong, so I suggest to be able to select what part of your username you want as emote prefix, for example:

If your username is "JustAnnie" your emote prefix may be "Just444" or even worse.
    Everytime you change your username or the first time you receive the affiliate Twitch should allow you to select in a text selector what part of your username you want to use as your name and let you to set an autogenerated prefix…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a feature that you can change color or the badge of a moderator and vip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow people who have a difficult time reaching affiliate enjoy emotes by allowing everyone access to the follower only emotes, once fully rolled out. It would allow for something special for them to share within their streams even while not affiliate.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think using emoji in stream titles is a great way of standing out, and would love to take that a step further and show off my channel's emotes within my stream title and go live notification. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello
    I want to offer a new feature to the Founder badge.
    When it comes to a case where you miss a few months of subscribing to a particular channel where you have a founding badge. A situation has arisen where the number of your badge months is different from the number of months you have subscribed. Will it be possible to pay retroactively for the missing months?
    For example you are a 16 month subscriber and your founding badge shows a 20 month. So that it will be possible to complete the missing months.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would love for there to be analytics available to those who are emote attributers. For example:

How many emotes have been attributed to you.
    Total Usage across twitch.
    Most popular emote.

Would be very beneficial to those who make emotes for users and want more insight! Absolutely love the new attribution feature <3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have an option client side so the viewer can choose to only have an animated emote animate, when the mouse is over it.

Could help with emote spam as well as those who are sensitive.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A way to see times streamed somehow. Its hard to keep track when follower emotes would get unlocked especially if a stream has stretched over multiple dates, (midnight streams) and shows up on the graph as two pillars
    I believe there used to be an achievement for tracking something like this, but i could remember wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unlock permanent emote slots for those who gift subs (5/10/25 etc) and those who are subscribed to a channel for x-amount of time (3/6/9 months etc) just like how the bits emotes work.

It would give affiliates the opportunity for more emote slots to work with if they choose to upload anything there for them, and it also provides some reward to go with viewer generosity (at the minute, permanent emotes are a thing with bits alone and they're great, but there are no permanent unlocks for continuous support in subscribing/gifting subscribers to a channel. In fact, for gift subs,…

276 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?