Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. For convenience i think you should be able to edit your emote from the library rather than having to delete it and reupload it

Some examples include
    • Changing the name of the emote
    • Changing the emote but not the name (maybe you recommissioned it or redrew it)
    • Changing the portrait of an animated emote
    • Changing the "easy animate" of an animated emote

Depending on the change the emote could go to revision if instant upload has not been unlocked, this deletes the process of having to delete an emote for a minor edit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to be able to directly compare emote popularity by making different emotes available to different subscribers and seeing which get more use

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Requesting a feature where a Twitch user can create Macro/Alias names for emotes or even strings of emote.
    Examples:
    - A streamer remaps streamerLUL to LUL and overrides the global LUL
    - Generally, it would be nice as a streamer to be able to use our Suffix only when we want to use our own emotes instead of having to search the library or memorize/type our Prefix
    - A viewer maps to HYPE a string of their favorite Hype emotes from their library

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give the viewer a bonus for sticking to a stream from start to finish. Reward them for watching the entire stream, even if they are lurking. This not only helps the viewer get emotes, it really helps affiliates like me who are basically stuck forever and never reaching partnership on twitch.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Morning all

I've been given access to the follower emotes which is great and now have some snazzy emotes setup for it but there are two things i feel would make this better.

The first is allowing the Streamer to use their own follower emote on anyone's channel in the same way you can with bit emote or sub emotes. for the streamer there should be no restriction.

Secondly i think there should be a Raid specific emote slot which allows both followers and subs to use when you raid someone else's channel.

I completely understand locking follower emotes to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Right now, we can only search for emotes by name, but so many emotes have nonsensical names that make them hard to find. For example, if I wanted to search for the FrankerZ emote but didn't know the name, and all I knew is that it was a dog emote, I would never find it. If that emote had "dog" as an additional context tag, however, I could discover it by searching for "dog". If creators could add searchable context tags to their emotes, it would be a lot easier to find them with a quick search.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to distance yourself from, and be assured that, you can no longer be seen by streamers you may hold a founder entitlement to, could be very important for a lot of people with bad experiences.

Please give the option for people to remove themselves from the new founder badge holder list - this will also free up a slot for that streamer. A win/win.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. it would be nice if i had a button where some specific Emotes can get checked by twitch, even if i had trusted status where i can upload them instantly.

Lost 2 of my Emotes and trusted Status because it doesnt go with the Emote Guidelines and thought an extra button where i can check the emotes if im unclear about it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it possible for us to unequip a founder badge for certain channels. It is very awkward to have to go to your privacy settings if you want your founder badge off. In certain channels I want to show my founder badge to show how long I've been supporting someone. In others I want to keep it to show that I was one of the first viewers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be a great feature to add "follow time badge". For exaple if someone follows channel for 1, 3, 6, 12 months or 1, 3, 5, 10, 15 years it would be really nice to display user's "follow time badge". This feature will diversify chat and this will increase value of chat's view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think it could be cool, if there were some emotes that could only be used by vips. It would bring more reward to being recognised as a VIP in a channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I disabled animated emotes in live chat, it works on live chat, but on VOD, I see animated emotes on chat.
    I would like to have the same preferences on the animated emotes in VOD chat as a live chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think it would be so nice, if the minimum emote size for emotes would increase from 28, 56, 112px to 32, 64, 128px, for example.

It would increase the quality of the emotes, making detailed emotes more noticeable and it would be easier for emote artist to work on them.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to upload custom badges for subs and gift leaderboard. Doing so will allow us to uniquely differentiate in various chats and would help to match the aesthetics of existing badges and emotes a channel uses.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Inside the emote tab you should be able to sort emotes by channel. I hate having to scroll through them in a random order to find the channel I am looking for, especially my own. The channel I am on and my own channel emotes should be the top 2 of the list!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a hype train completes, if you have all the emotes you're eligible to get for its level, after looking through lower level emotes, the next step should be filling in old emotes from previous hype train sets. This would also incentivize more bits donations and sub gifts.

I missed out on HypeUnicorn4 and I'm very PJSalty about it.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Slots for streamer specific emotes that only streamers and mods can use.
    For example:
    Tier 1 Emotes
    Tier 2 Emotes
    Tier 3 Emotes
    Bits Emotes
    Streamer Emotes

These emotes can ONLY be used by streamers/mods and be used to do commands like !hype that can auto generate the emotes in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've had no less then 5 emotes denied with no reasoning with the emote deny email. Only thing common is the color pink. I've even used the same emote from another streamer colored it pink, and it got denied. You need to fix it, I'm a girl that's 27 years old, i deserve the color pink.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think it's a bit of a shame that the "Artist" role has no other use except as a badge. Especially since the artists then also have to subscribe - and pay - themselves to ultimately be able to use the emotes that they themselves have created for the streamer.

So my girlfriend, who makes my emotes for me, still has to pay to be allowed to use these "own" emotes in the chat.

I would like it if the artists would get a special position and get access to their own emotes without a subscription. You could tie this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am very happy to see this experiment and to have been included.
    Love to see the breakdown of everything!

It would be a lot easier to analyze all of the wonderful data if it wasn't restricted to 10 lines per page. A dedicated section on the Emotes Page would be the most suitable location so that more information can be displayed at once.

I would also really like to see a 3rd option added that combines "Within Channel" and "Outside Channel" together so that we can see the data across the entire platform.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?