Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. A lot of video games provide competitive playlists and ranks, which is a huge dedication to a lot of gamers and streamers. I would say in general, it's a core gamer quality.

My suggestion would be for gamers to be able to show their current rank in the chat through a badge (for the game that is currently being streamed in that chat - if the game has a rank system).

Game examples would be: Apex, Fortnite, Valorant, League of Legends etc.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement but there are 3rd party provides such as…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Users in chat get a badge on the day marking the anniversary of their account's creation. (Basically like Reddit Cake Day.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice if we could ban the use of emotes from other streamers who are banned in our channels. We can individually type in their emote tag as a banned word in our bots, but it would be nice to have a global setting to prevent the messages with those emotes to even be sent in chat.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great, if channel pages could have a badge that shows, if the channel owner has purchased a ticket for the current or upcoming TwitchCon so that people can tell if someone will be attending, even if they are not talking or joined to a chat.
    This could be useful for people who would like to compile a list of the people they would like to see.
    It would be good if that badge could be shown in the same spot as the verified/partner badge or the affiliate/partner anniversary badge.
    The badge can disappear once the TwitchCon is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I know custom prefixes are only avaliable for partners and I respect that, but autogenerated names for prefixes trend to be so wrong, so I suggest to be able to select what part of your username you want as emote prefix, for example:

If your username is "JustAnnie" your emote prefix may be "Just444" or even worse.
    Everytime you change your username or the first time you receive the affiliate Twitch should allow you to select in a text selector what part of your username you want to use as your name and let you to set an autogenerated prefix…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow users to add shortcut names to their emotes, instead of trying to remember each partner emotes name or search all the emotes list. For example kpa=Kappa...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While attempting to get Instant Upload Eligibility for emotes, I'm struggling to tell how many days I've been live since reaching Affiliate.
    If there was some way of telling the user their progress for Instant Upload I think it would go a long way to making it more clear and understood for new Affiliates that they haven't done anything wrong and are simply working through a process instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think using emoji in stream titles is a great way of standing out, and would love to take that a step further and show off my channel's emotes within my stream title and go live notification. Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think you should reconsider your emotes acceptance policy ... a friend streamer was rejected an emote for containing a letter, being that yesterday another stremer was allowed an emote with a letter ... this makes no sense ... lose an emote for which money was invested is very hard especially in these times of quarantine and economic problems.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Emotes to be used by Bots, with company logos like Twitter, Instagram, Discord, to support the transported messages.

Maybe also some other emotes (Twitch Prime, or Subways for next Subtember).

As there are some bots with regular Account names, it might be cool if a broadcaster can assign a bot role to a user, and this user can use the bot emotes.

Maybe limiting it to 3 bot users per Channel.

Maybe bot can be similar to mod role, just with the extention to use the emotes/icons.

Or: Allow all with mod-role to use this specific emote set.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think this would be a good idea! I have seen recently the animated emotes have been added to iOS which is amazing. getting the bttv would help even more as loads of people don’t have computer/pc so having it on there phone helps interact with the rest of chat..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi there,

Despite Twitch being all about the content that is created and streamed, I believe emotes serve a very important role in both communication and representation on other streams without being pure advertising, it's subtle but can really help a streamer grow.

This means that viewers can sometimes arrive from the emotes alone, and may not enjoy the content, and so the streamer and viewer will both miss out, the viewer doesn't want to pay a full subscription for the emotes alone, and the streamer will miss out on the revenue from a potential purchase.

I propose a middle…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let us see the stats of our emotes to know which ones are used the most and used the least, so if we want to change them or ad new we can keep the most used by our community and change the less popular for new ones to try.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ClipChamp was an exclusive title/badge given to the creator of a channels top clip each month. It was a great feature, encouraging the community to clip fantastic moments in hopes that they'd get the badge. It was a bit buggy at the time, but we've come a long way since then!

With clips being pushed more and "Featured Clips" being implemented, I think it would be great to bring back this feature. This time, with more support!

People love chat badges and they love emotes too, perhaps the return of ClipChamp could work a bit like hype trains? Little 🎬…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add an option to report emotes for rapidly flashing. Many emotes are being made that are just a big rapidly flashing square. When people spam such emotes in chat it creates an epilepsy risk for those in chat where there otherwise would not be one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It's annoying having to pay for a sub to StreamElements so the bot can use my emotes. Please give Affiliates 1 Free Sub per month so we can make our chats and content more interesting!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hey,

Thanks for your suggestion - just wanted to let you know that I have moved it over to Emotes > Feature Request. Thanks!

17. A lot of people subscribe to a channel just to get access to an emote. If there were an indexable, taggable "Emote Marketplace" where you could search for specific tags and purchase subscriptions to the channel, you would sell a lot more subscriptions (a lot easier to implement than micro emote purchases) Would likely need some pretty complex technology to make it happen, but I can imagine how to accomplish it -helmetwearer (same github handle, pinned project twitch related)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a sustained 5 tier 2 subscribers for a decent period - I would like to reward them with a personalised emote for subbing at that tier - however if I then gain 6 tier 2 subscribers I would have an issue that the slots don't encourage a further subscriber. Could we have additional emote slots added per person that subscribes at that tier?

Eg: I get 9 tier 2 subbers I would get 10 tier 2 emote slots (to encourage a further subscriber each time) and so on - 20 Tier 2 subbers gets 21 slots etc.

Personally…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm not sure the best way to implement an idea like this but it would be fun to have an updated stat sheet with emoji popularity among all twitch streams and people could use either bits or channel points to bet on an emojis rise or fall in popularity. It would be fun to see how old emojis hold up to newer ones and it would provide a platform for art makers to gain popularity for their work. Plus quite a bit of fun for viewers as well as educational

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi all,

Hereby I would like to suggest the possibility to change the current set free lifetime subs for partners.

So maybe in the same window where you upload the emotes, you can set the life time subs to the twitch account you would like to by yourself, also change it after 6 months (as the prefix, or Account name)

I think this would be handy for Partners, as for example I'm not even in contact with the person i gave the last lifetime sub to, so it would be helpful and avoid support ticket request.

Also there you can…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?