Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. Users in chat get a badge on the day marking the anniversary of their account's creation. (Basically like Reddit Cake Day.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For example, setting it to type so that <3 becomes Mariatlove, or LUL becomes pumpka1SwabLUL etc.

This can sort of be achieved using browser plugins, or phone text replacements, but they're inconsistent, and not cross-platform.

If the user is no longer subscribed to the channel of an emote, it would default back to whatever it was before, until such a time as they re-subscribe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Poder deslocar um Emote de Sub para a área de Desbloqueáveis por Bits. Acabei de dar Upload em um Emote no Sub1, mas decidi que prefiro deixar como recompensa desbloqueavel quando chegar em 1000 bits de doações por um espectador. Não consigo fazer esse deslocamento e terei que submeter novamente.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Creo que el tema de porqué no se pueden tener emoticonos que sean una sola letra debería estar especificado en las normas, tuve que buscar una repuesta en internet y cuando encontré un sitio, donde se explicaba por fin, lo entendí, ya que queda algo confuso y puede dar pie a que pienses que si es un dibujo más una letra puede ser aprobado creo que deberían modificar las directrices para que quede más claro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice if we could ban the use of emotes from other streamers who are banned in our channels. We can individually type in their emote tag as a banned word in our bots, but it would be nice to have a global setting to prevent the messages with those emotes to even be sent in chat.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please unban the Copesen emote. It's an oxygen tank labelled "copium" which is an imaginary drug, making fun of forsen. Forsen likes to "cope" when he makes mistakes in the minecraft game by saying funny things like "unluckly", or "it's the game's fault". Copium is metaphor, a phyical representation of Forsen's own unwillingness to accept his mistakes. In other words, it's a self-deprecating joke.

It's probably the most popular emote in his chat these days, it's really quite funny. I think it's a bit silly to remove it due to "drugs/drug paraphernalia", because 1) it's not a real drug, it's…

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm not sure the best way to implement an idea like this but it would be fun to have an updated stat sheet with emoji popularity among all twitch streams and people could use either bits or channel points to bet on an emojis rise or fall in popularity. It would be fun to see how old emojis hold up to newer ones and it would provide a platform for art makers to gain popularity for their work. Plus quite a bit of fun for viewers as well as educational

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I see someone has touched on this already, however, I feel it worth reiterating that it would be beneficial to delete emotes or blacklist them from appearing on autocomplete when users type : (colon) to start typing for their emotes.

Deleting emotes: it would be nice to be able to go through individual emotes and delete them on a case by case basis. For example, particular Hyperscape or Hype train emotes that just aren't appealing to a particular user.

Blacklisting emotes on autocomplete: a suitable solution for many people would be to simply make it so that certain emotes don't…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is there any way to add our own emoji's from Bitmoji with our cartoon faces.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi there,

Despite Twitch being all about the content that is created and streamed, I believe emotes serve a very important role in both communication and representation on other streams without being pure advertising, it's subtle but can really help a streamer grow.

This means that viewers can sometimes arrive from the emotes alone, and may not enjoy the content, and so the streamer and viewer will both miss out, the viewer doesn't want to pay a full subscription for the emotes alone, and the streamer will miss out on the revenue from a potential purchase.

I propose a middle…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello there fellow streamers,my name is Rogue.My idea to improve twitch is that:Why doesn't twitch gives us 3-5 emotes to costumize our chat with? This idea will greatly improve the experience of the chat in stream and help attrack more people to the stream.Some streamers can't afford making emotes and this would be a great way for them to upgrade their stream! Twitch could help us with a artist that they have hired and they can make 3 emotes just like a free-starter pack for affiliates,They fall in contact with us we tell them what we want and we can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Streamers can apply a custom emote for levels of bits, Making the same for subscribers would be a great idea and encourages viewers even more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let us see the stats of our emotes to know which ones are used the most and used the least, so if we want to change them or ad new we can keep the most used by our community and change the less popular for new ones to try.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A streamlined way to see how close affiliates are to being eligible for instant emote approvals. I understand the four criteria outlined in the affiliate guide for the Subscriber Emote Guide, but it would be convenient if there were some sort of status UI, either one that parallels the bit emote "Unlock Progress" status that's in the shiny new subscriber emote page that was recently added, or along with the rest of the achievements in the insights page. This way, the streamers can keep track without having to tally the number of streams within the 2-year period themselves.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be really cool if you could add emotes just for personal use. Not just only when you’re an affiliate/partner for your channel. People could create their own emotes for only them to use in chats and it would let people show their creativity not just through streaming.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So people could add their own emotes to the service of twitch, but perhaps at a small fee @2.99 or something to have your own emotes and up to 5-10? And use them on anyone's twitch channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I believe that we need a new pogchamp emote because it was just getting so popular and then what just happened happened and me and my friends came up with a wonderful Idea, we made our own. I would love support on this idea and would love to make it happen. If any further questions after reading this please contact me at . If you need to see the image you can also send an email to the same account. :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The purpose of this feature would be to allow streamers greater control over the emotes shown on their channel, improving their chat experience, while simultaneously giving them more control over their brand.

Across all channels, and the Global Emote pool, streamers could note Emotes with "tags", a list of specific characteristics covered by almost all emotes. Examples include "Kappa", "Lewd", "Pog", or even "Hi". These types of emotes are common place in many channels' subscription emotes. However some streamers would not like to see/have those types of emotes displayed. As such when submitting an emote, you have the ability to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Having extra emote slots unlock based on your Sub Badge would incentivise maintaining a subscription for long periods of time, and will increase the amount of people who maintain a subscription to a channel. This would work in a similar way to Bit badge emote rewards.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Just as it says in the title, I think creators would love to have the option to take away Tier 2 and 3 subs to add two more emotes to Tier 1 subs. In my case, I’ve maybe had someone tier 2/3 to me 2-3 times each over the course of my 3 years of being an Affiliate. It’s only usually just once out of the blue, never continuous.

For my stream, I would rather add two more emotes to my first tier, totaling it to a maximum of 7 instead of 5 (for Affiliates) than have a tier 2…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?