Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. This would mean that bots such as Streamlabs and Moobot won’t have to be gifted subs to use emotes.

727 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be awesome if Twitch allowed artists who design emotes for partnered streamers use them for free!

A suggestion is for Twitch to create the option for partnered streamers to specify which artist(s) created their emotes when they upload them which would then allow the artist to use those emotes on Twitch.

Benefits to this is that it would provide more exposure to both the streamer and the artist. The artist would get more promotion through sharing their created emotes on Twitch. Fans of the artist who enjoy their art style would be able to see which emotes the…

551 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have a tendency to see emotes be deleted as they might be deemed sexually suggestive.

If possible can we add a Mature Lock or Mature Wall for Emotes and that way those emotes can be unlocked by age verification (18+) .

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please unban the Copesen emote. It's an oxygen tank labelled "copium" which is an imaginary drug, making fun of forsen. Forsen likes to "cope" when he makes mistakes in the minecraft game by saying funny things like "unluckly", or "it's the game's fault". Copium is metaphor, a phyical representation of Forsen's own unwillingness to accept his mistakes. In other words, it's a self-deprecating joke.

It's probably the most popular emote in his chat these days, it's really quite funny. I think it's a bit silly to remove it due to "drugs/drug paraphernalia", because 1) it's not a real drug, it's…

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A streamlined way to see how close affiliates are to being eligible for instant emote approvals. I understand the four criteria outlined in the affiliate guide for the Subscriber Emote Guide, but it would be convenient if there were some sort of status UI, either one that parallels the bit emote "Unlock Progress" status that's in the shiny new subscriber emote page that was recently added, or along with the rest of the achievements in the insights page. This way, the streamers can keep track without having to tally the number of streams within the 2-year period themselves.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just as it says in the title, I think creators would love to have the option to take away Tier 2 and 3 subs to add two more emotes to Tier 1 subs. In my case, I’ve maybe had someone tier 2/3 to me 2-3 times each over the course of my 3 years of being an Affiliate. It’s only usually just once out of the blue, never continuous.

For my stream, I would rather add two more emotes to my first tier, totaling it to a maximum of 7 instead of 5 (for Affiliates) than have a tier 2…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give the viewer a bonus for sticking to a stream from start to finish. Reward them for watching the entire stream, even if they are lurking. This not only helps the viewer get emotes, it really helps affiliates like me who are basically stuck forever and never reaching partnership on twitch.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think that it would be fun idea to give affiliates and partners the option to include gift sub emotes! It would be similar to bit emotes but after a certain amount of gift subs are given that gifter unlocks a new emote for that channel.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Instead of banning crass emotes (offensive stuff), let users and channels opt-in or opt-out of seeing them on Twitch. This way the Mature audiences that enjoy them and sub for these emotes can still enjoy them in their respective communities, but other communities aren't forced to see them if they're offended.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You need to stop censoring my emotes; if you are going to have a political category, I should be allowed to have an emote of Trump's face. This is censorship at it's worst, you are a disgrace to the constitution if you continue this behavior. I am going to direct my followers to donate to me directly and not subscribe or use bits so you do not get any of the currency, because you do NOT deserve the currency from my followers if you let this continue. Disgraceful...

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Similar to stickers used in many other apps, it would be fun to be able to incentivize Tier 3 subs by offering a unique emote that could be oversized. Many partners do this already by using 1 emote cut into 4 slots, adding this as a special bonus would be fun and help to drive higher tier support.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the Accounts that have emotes attributed to to use those emotes globally.
    A huge Part of the chat environment is the emotes that are used by chatters all over twitch in every facet, there is even a "Emote Only" chat mode. The artists who create these emotes are generally paid one time a sum between $5-50 depending on complexities etc. yet the subscription required to use those emotes is $4.99/month. This means that for an artist to showcase their emotes they have to pay for the privilege to the extent that no matter what they will eventually be negative…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Having extra emote slots unlock based on your Sub Badge would incentivise maintaining a subscription for long periods of time, and will increase the amount of people who maintain a subscription to a channel. This would work in a similar way to Bit badge emote rewards.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I see someone has touched on this already, however, I feel it worth reiterating that it would be beneficial to delete emotes or blacklist them from appearing on autocomplete when users type : (colon) to start typing for their emotes.

Deleting emotes: it would be nice to be able to go through individual emotes and delete them on a case by case basis. For example, particular Hyperscape or Hype train emotes that just aren't appealing to a particular user.

Blacklisting emotes on autocomplete: a suitable solution for many people would be to simply make it so that certain emotes don't…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, if we are viewing chat from phone, we can see the emote in much larger size, but if we are viewing the chat from PC, the emote is very small.

This impact the creativity of the emote due to many emotes are created in details, but with the current size viewed from PC, it is very difficult to express the quality.

Please provide us with options that we can view the emotes in larger size.
    Thank you.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Streamer has the option to upload an emote in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.

SVG enables nice rendering of certain popular styles (sprites, pixel art) across devices and user interfaces. The current image format options are a deterrent to emotes with such art styles.

Performance bugs can be avoided by setting a file size limit or node vector count.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a higher cost Channel Points redemption for unlocking and/or modifying Tier 2 & Tier 3 emotes - especially as Partners now have up to 5 of each.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Right now, we can only search for emotes by name, but so many emotes have nonsensical names that make them hard to find. For example, if I wanted to search for the FrankerZ emote but didn't know the name, and all I knew is that it was a dog emote, I would never find it. If that emote had "dog" as an additional context tag, however, I could discover it by searching for "dog". If creators could add searchable context tags to their emotes, it would be a lot easier to find them with a quick search.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Along with adding integration of twitch chat on the overlay, I thing allowing channel added BTTV (Better Twitch TV) emotes and FFZ (Franker FaceZ) emotes to be show on that chat would be cool as many many people Use these programs for extra emotes and it would make the quality of life way better.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For partners & affiliates working with artists. It's often very difficult to tell if something will scale down well, look good in both default and dark mode, etc. I did find one tool to test emotes ( https://pajlada.se/projects/test-emote/ ), but it's extremely limited, doesn't offer dark mode, etc.

A preview platform in the upload window would be incredible.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?