Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

90 results found

1. Allow the special character of exclamation point (!) and question mark (?) to be used in emote names. This would allow the emote to be used to trigger a bot command when the bot requires the ! to recognize the command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A simple emoji/emote store (outside of creators streams). Like a general store where users can buy and earn bling to use on the user page and in stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How is the "You're trash" emote a thing? I'm baffled.
    No one should be able to express toxicity using a single emote and bypassing chat automod.
    Remove from Twitch the emotes that express toxicity WITH WORDS IN IT. Of course we can't do much for just a trashcan emote. But if the emote has words that express toxicity, that emote should never exist.

I visit often a sleep stream and the mods put on the Emote Only mode to prevent weird comments if they are afk for a bit. But multiple times the "You're trash" emote has been used in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Da ich auf meine Emote Genehmigung warte und warte wäre es nicht sinnvoller sie direkt freizuschalten und ein Support kommt in den nächsten 24 oder 48 Stunden und nimmt sie raus wenn sie nicht passen LG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Emote loadouts would be good so streamers ( especially ones who don't have a lot of slots ) who play different games can theme their emotes to match each game. They just change their loadout when they change the game. Also, for viewers, I'd like to be able to hide emotes in the library that I don't use a lot, like the hype train type ones etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think that it would be fun idea to give affiliates and partners the option to include gift sub emotes! It would be similar to bit emotes but after a certain amount of gift subs are given that gifter unlocks a new emote for that channel.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have a tendency to see emotes be deleted as they might be deemed sexually suggestive.

If possible can we add a Mature Lock or Mature Wall for Emotes and that way those emotes can be unlocked by age verification (18+) .

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I know custom prefixes are only avaliable for partners and I respect that, but autogenerated names for prefixes trend to be so wrong, so I suggest to be able to select what part of your username you want as emote prefix, for example:

If your username is "JustAnnie" your emote prefix may be "Just444" or even worse.
    Everytime you change your username or the first time you receive the affiliate Twitch should allow you to select in a text selector what part of your username you want to use as your name and let you to set an autogenerated prefix…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think using emoji in stream titles is a great way of standing out, and would love to take that a step further and show off my channel's emotes within my stream title and go live notification. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a sustained 5 tier 2 subscribers for a decent period - I would like to reward them with a personalised emote for subbing at that tier - however if I then gain 6 tier 2 subscribers I would have an issue that the slots don't encourage a further subscriber. Could we have additional emote slots added per person that subscribes at that tier?

Eg: I get 9 tier 2 subbers I would get 10 tier 2 emote slots (to encourage a further subscriber each time) and so on - 20 Tier 2 subbers gets 21 slots etc.

Personally…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now, we can only search for emotes by name, but so many emotes have nonsensical names that make them hard to find. For example, if I wanted to search for the FrankerZ emote but didn't know the name, and all I knew is that it was a dog emote, I would never find it. If that emote had "dog" as an additional context tag, however, I could discover it by searching for "dog". If creators could add searchable context tags to their emotes, it would be a lot easier to find them with a quick search.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow us the peeps to purchase collectable icons like happy birthday ect and have them come out monthly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think this would be a good idea! I have seen recently the animated emotes have been added to iOS which is amazing. getting the bttv would help even more as loads of people don’t have computer/pc so having it on there phone helps interact with the rest of chat..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Last month twitch gave all affiliates 5 emotes slots, which is awesome!! However, when they gave these 5 emote slot out, I noticed the loss of the progression bar on the bottom the subscriber emote section. In the past when an affiliate would get 50 sub points twitch would an additional emote, then 65 sub points another emote... so forth and so on... I recently reached 71 sub points and I would love to give my community more subscriber emotes but I am limited now with out the tier progress bar. I think this is a great incentive for an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Emote modifications are cool. I think most of us agree that adding sunglasses to a teacup is a feature that this platform desperately needs. But you know what'd also be awesome? Being able to put an emote inside a speech bubble! Shrink the emote slightly, add a bubble around it, and have a "talking about X" modified emote!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Similar to stickers used in many other apps, it would be fun to be able to incentivize Tier 3 subs by offering a unique emote that could be oversized. Many partners do this already by using 1 emote cut into 4 slots, adding this as a special bonus would be fun and help to drive higher tier support.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow people who have gifted subs and thrown bits to create their own emotes to use in any channel. It gives people more incentive to give. So the Creator AND Viewer are rewarded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A global badge and emote shop including past special event badges and emotes if you missed them for a price and includes the badges that used to come with the game’s twitch used to sell a few years ago this shop would have totally new badges and emotes as well of course

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. My idea is that there could be a chat setting(user-, not streamerside) where you can filter out different Emotes that could trigger you. For example im arachnophobic (have a fear of spiders, if Pics, Vids or in rl, those things creep me out and when i did a hypetrain and saw that spider it send shivers down my spine.
    I also have heard from some people i know they are Coulrophobic (Fear of clowns) which theres luckily no emote thats this way.

But in situations that a emote triggers a phobia I'd like to have something, if its a Checkbox…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give the viewer a bonus for sticking to a stream from start to finish. Reward them for watching the entire stream, even if they are lurking. This not only helps the viewer get emotes, it really helps affiliates like me who are basically stuck forever and never reaching partnership on twitch.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?