Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8,156 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1084 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. /u/copyrasta and /u/ajree210 from /r/hearthstone suggested a new emote: SherlockKappa. It's a Kappa with a cap and pipe, preferrably used as a detective and quest companion during searching for clues. Imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/ZLFK2ue.png

2,204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As PogChamp has been removed, honouring what Reckful did for twitch by making him a global emote in replacement for PogChamp would satisfy those who have been asking for a global emote since his passing and be a good new face for the emote.

2,112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Currently, Follower Emotes can only be used in the channel they're for, while the user is followed to the channel. This means as a broadcaster, I have to decide between which emotes can't be used anywhere else, and which I can provide to followers to use in my channel without a subscription.

Ideally, it would be nice if subscribers to a channel would be able to use Follower Emotes anywhere on Twitch, as they currently use Subscriber Emotes. This would give an added benefit to subscribers, with additional emotes in other channels, while still allowing followers to use the selected…

639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chudat is a key feature of the SSBM community and whenever he is on Twitch, the chat lights up with thousands of "Yeahyuzzzz" and "=D7" and there is an amazing opprtunity for this to become one of Twitch's most iconic emotes and see the Smash community more represented on Twitch

540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give users the option to remove certain emotes so they don't show up in chat, like hiding all the Kpop emotes

439 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Just like the other pride emotes, but with the aromantic design instead (because I want to show my pride but I can't since it is not available)

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The emote library is a great addition, thank you so much!

As an emote artist it would be great if Moderators and Editors had the ability to upload emotes and manage the live sets, to take the hassle out of handing over regular themed sets, managing replacements/updates, and allowing for more flexibility in switching out the set without having to load this responsibility all on the streamer.

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be awesome if Twitch allowed artists who design emotes for partnered streamers use them for free!

A suggestion is for Twitch to create the option for partnered streamers to specify which artist(s) created their emotes when they upload them which would then allow the artist to use those emotes on Twitch.

Benefits to this is that it would provide more exposure to both the streamer and the artist. The artist would get more promotion through sharing their created emotes on Twitch. Fans of the artist who enjoy their art style would be able to see which emotes the…

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Editable Emoticon Codes before the Unique Code.
    Partners too please, thank you.
    <3

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I feel as a small streamer we dont get enough emote slots.
    The 5 you unlock for 50 Subs, and the 2 extra for the Tier 2 and 3.
    I feel like 10 emote slots would be a good fit for a affiliate streamer.

Not everyone gets partnered and i feel the emote slots are a bit unbalanced.

Of course this is how i see it. There could be a reason that i am not aware of.
    But i feel with the recent changes smaller streamers arent really getting a chance.

I really feel like 10 (2 being the other…

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have a possibility to add animated emotes for subscribers. Instead of using the BetterTTV extension.

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

Animated Emotes are coming to Twitch! We expect to make available to Partners in a few weeks (and Affiliates by the end of 2021), creators can add up to five new animated emotes as a benefit for Tier 1 subscribers.

You’ll be able to manage and upload Animated Emotes from the Emotes page. To get ready, you can learn more about getting started with Animated Emotes here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/animated-emotes

13. Please unban the Copesen emote. It's an oxygen tank labelled "copium" which is an imaginary drug, making fun of forsen. Forsen likes to "cope" when he makes mistakes in the minecraft game by saying funny things like "unluckly", or "it's the game's fault". Copium is metaphor, a phyical representation of Forsen's own unwillingness to accept his mistakes. In other words, it's a self-deprecating joke.

It's probably the most popular emote in his chat these days, it's really quite funny. I think it's a bit silly to remove it due to "drugs/drug paraphernalia", because 1) it's not a real drug, it's…

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The new beta test of Follower Emotes is great - and look forward to seeing it widely implemented across the platform.

I think a great idea to help with the community aspect of emotes would be to designate ONE of those follow emotes as a 'raid emote'. Something that all followers could use when you raid a channel.

I recognize that the likely implementation would mean that one of the five follower emotes would then be usable across the platform... And that likely goes against the core concept of the follower emote test - but still worth considering!

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. My Idea would fit more for Partners then for Affiliates, I think.

It would be awesome to have 1 Emote Slot free for Followers, so People can Follow my Channel and get this one special Emote as thank you.

This would directly create a sympathy between Streamer and Follower, and Followers eventually want more Emotes from the channel when they already like the follower Emote, this would raise the support insanely, I think.

Also People can share your emote with other viewers/streamers and just have a good time with some free emotes from their Favorites channels/streamers.

I personally enjoy it…

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re experimenting with Follower Emotes, and will be making these available in beta to select Partners & Affiliates.

This new tier of channel emotes lets creators grow their communities by offering viewers a fun, free benefit to hitting the “Follow” button. Follower Emotes can only be used on the channel in which they are unlocked.

We’ll be collecting feedback during beta to help us test and improve the product. Based on what we learn, we hope to begin rolling it out more widely later this year.

16. I’ve seen creators in the beta mention that they don’t have access to the emotes since you cannot follow yourself on Twitch. Therefore, the creator wouldn’t be able to use their own emotes in their community, as they are not a follower of the channel. Please allow creators to have access to those emotes too!!

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thanks so much for flagging this. Streamers should have access to their follower emotes. Please have any streamer who doesn’t have access to their follower emotes reach out in this thread so we can investigate this further.

17. Unlock permanent emote slots for those who gift subs (5/10/25 etc) and those who are subscribed to a channel for x-amount of time (3/6/9 months etc) just like how the bits emotes work.

It would give affiliates the opportunity for more emote slots to work with if they choose to upload anything there for them, and it also provides some reward to go with viewer generosity (at the minute, permanent emotes are a thing with bits alone and they're great, but there are no permanent unlocks for continuous support in subscribing/gifting subscribers to a channel. In fact, for gift subs,…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have Twitch Partners be able to officially partner with each other and create a set of emotes that viewers can only access if they sub to both channels. Each Partner still has their normal emote set of course, but if you sub to both channel A and channel B you also get a few "AB" exclusive emotes. Unsubbing from either loses you access to the dual sub emotes.

Many pairs of Partners already have emotes of their own that combo well with each other, purposely. For example, two Partners have "wave" emotes that face each other to look like a…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently the sets of emotes in the menu are locked into a specific order, which means you'll often need to waste time scrolling past emotes you'll never use in order to reach the ones you're looking for. The lists also aren't consistent across platforms; for example, my subscription emotes are directly below my recents on the desktop site, but are sandwiched between two sets of permanently unlocked emotes in the iOS and Android apps. (The ability to manually remove these permanent emotes from your account would also be nice.)

With the introduction of channel points and the ability to exchange…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please remove the hypecreep emote.
    I have arachnophobia and I think I speak for all of us who have it that it creates unnecessary anxiety.
    I watch twitch to relieve anxiety and relax.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?