Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

612 results found

1. Instead of banning crass emotes (offensive stuff), let users and channels opt-in or opt-out of seeing them on Twitch. This way the Mature audiences that enjoy them and sub for these emotes can still enjoy them in their respective communities, but other communities aren't forced to see them if they're offended.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch there is much much worse on your platform things that you don't have any repercussions for such as hot tub streams, ***** being shaken in the camera for views, streamers including partnered streamers spreading racism and homophobia yet... you choose to get rid of booty twerking emotes (Of animals, plants, fruits, and clothed humans) which are very much not in any way harmful in fact, they often lift the spirits of a stream creating a laugh and bringing community together there is no reason to ban them at all! We suggest you Unban the butts give us booty emotes…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I currently have bit emotes in their own "area" channel in my emotes panel. Each "area" takes up several lines but only has one emote. My suggestion is to make a single area for all unlocked bit emotes to be.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You should add different tiers of the gift badge, like the bit badge. It currently shows the ammount of gifted subs already in the message in chat, but this should also be reflected in the gift badge.
    Do a score system, lets call it gift score, like following: $4,99 sub gives 1 point, $9,99 gives 2 points and $24,99 gives even 5 points, like you did it for the streamer with the sub score.
    Depending on the gift score give different badges. Maybe in steps like 3,5,10,25,50,100 etc...

Give the possibility to the streamer to upload their own gift badges,…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many partners have many viewers and much support, but few emotes. More emotes might trigger more subscribers, since you can offer more in return for the support. Partners should get more emotes based on more factors, such as how long they've been partnered, how many page visits they may have generated over time, how many hours they've spent streaming. Thus rewarding the streamer and their communities more by allowing more things to unlock emotes. Everybody wins!

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have had several non sexual emotes removed for the reason listed at the bottom of this post, for convenience I'll shorten it here to 'sexual content'.
    I have had several emotes removed for 'sexual content' despite not having anything sexual about them. I can see this is a problem that occurs to a lot of people based on a cursory search on Twitter.

This blatantly wrong information only leads to confusion. If my emote isn't sexual in nature, why was it removed? Was it a mistake? What do I need to change about it to have it be allowable.…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Last year's PrideHeartL and PrideHeartR from Pride month are some of the best emotes the site has done. They should be brought back for full time global status.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a hype train completes, if you have all the emotes you're eligible to get for its level, after looking through lower level emotes, the next step should be filling in old emotes from previous hype train sets. This would also incentivize more bits donations and sub gifts.

I missed out on HypeUnicorn4 and I'm very PJSalty about it.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You need to stop censoring my emotes; if you are going to have a political category, I should be allowed to have an emote of Trump's face. This is censorship at it's worst, you are a disgrace to the constitution if you continue this behavior. I am going to direct my followers to donate to me directly and not subscribe or use bits so you do not get any of the currency, because you do NOT deserve the currency from my followers if you let this continue. Disgraceful...

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch has now added quite a number of pride emotes, including adding exclusive new ones for pride month. However, there is a lack of representation for demigender people, with no emotes for the demigender, demiboy, and demigirl flags. For those who identify this way, there is currently no representation through Twitch's pride emotes.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have an option client side so the viewer can choose to only have an animated emote animate, when the mouse is over it.

Could help with emote spam as well as those who are sensitive.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Users will be able to purchase emotes in an "Emote Shop". Streamers can choose how much to charge for each of their emotes. The user can purchase emotes from various streamers and will be charged monthly for a one lump sum per month, 3 months, 6 months, or unlimited time price. This will encourage revenue for streamers from people that don't want to pay the full subscription price. This will also make people want to collect emotes from different streamers. Perhaps a trophy system of some sort could be included with this system to encourage people to buy more emotes…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is a proposal for additional emote slots for Partners to support Affiliates by raiding their channels. This feature would create a win-win situation for both parties. Partners would get more emotes to express themselves and attract more subscribers, while Affiliates would get more exposure and potential followers. Currently, Partners have access to 60 standard emote slots and 5 animated emote slots. However, many Partners feel that this is not enough, especially compared to other platforms that offer more emote options. Therefore, this feature would provide an additional incentive for Partners to stay on Twitch and grow their channel. The…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When viewers cheer, they use cheermotes and commonly emotes in their cheer messages. Unfortunately, the payload received from EventSub's channel.cheer callbacks only have the raw text as entered by the user, with no indiciation of which portions of that text are cheermotes nor emotes. Thus, I propose the following update to the callback payload, similar to the channel.subscription.message event, that passes along the data for both so that a consumer of EventSub can reconstruct the message:

{
        "subscription": {
        },
        "event": {
            "message": {
                "text": "Rah Rah Cheer! cheerwhal1 Cheer100 notACheer101 finite6ThrowBall",
                "cheermotes": [
                    {
                        "begin": 16,
                        "end":
    31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  2 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We have some great Pride emotes, but can we add one with the demisexual pride flag? It's not the same as asexuality and there are members in our community who would really appreciate being represented.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. yarrDumpy emote needs to be allowed. It is a cute emote that the community loves and it needs to be allowed.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please grant Partners' Lifetime Tier 3 bots access to our channel's bittie emotes, just as we (the streamer) have access to them all?

For those who don't know, Partners can allocate 3 x Lifetime Tier 3 subscriptions to bot accounts. These are useful for bots using all sub emotes for command responses, timer messages, but what about bit emotes?

Imagine this... your lifetime tier 3 bot is already responding to bitties, saying 'Thank you for cheering 100 bitties, with a total of 900 on my channel'

BUT you now have a timer message, like this, that goes off now and…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 is way to big of a number to instantly unlock upon following.

It completely disincentives' the need to sub. I feel like a much better system would be max 3 emotes that unlock over time. For Ex: 10 mins- 6 hours- 24 hours following. In addition to this, if they're only usable in my channel, I may as well continue using BTTV / FFZ and encouraging users to install the browser add on.

A suggestion i saw made by a friend was that three would be perfect. FOR EXAMPLE: Hello, Love/Hype, and a Raid emote. Combine this with the…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow viewers with a significant amount of channel points (min. 50k) to unlock a specific emote of the creator's choice indefinitely. This way, the emote can be utilized with consistency in views without having to be paid for. It'll enhance viewing to both the platform and the individual creators, and can be beneficiary to everyone.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Similar to stickers used in many other apps, it would be fun to be able to incentivize Tier 3 subs by offering a unique emote that could be oversized. Many partners do this already by using 1 emote cut into 4 slots, adding this as a special bonus would be fun and help to drive higher tier support.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?