Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

56 results found

1. Please fill all emote slots on TwitchDev.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. bring back affiliates being able to earn extra Tier 2 + Tier 3 emote slots. Taking that away completely de-incentivized the $5 to $20 extra in cost per month for viewers to only get a single extra emote when just $5 otherwise gets them up to 14.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There are several glaring holes in Twich's Emote Approval process at this time.

To demonstrate inconsistency in your system: I uploaded copies of the same, static, non-animated emote three different times: The 1st and 3rd upload were instantly approved, while the 2nd one became "pending approval."

To demonstrate approval time in need of improvement: I uploaded my first set of emotes on 2/10. The majority of my emotes were instantly approved. Two, one animated "rave" emote, and one non-animated "raid" emote, were listed for approval. It has been 16 days and counting since these emotes were uploaded- twitch advertises 48…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Living in a legal state for marijuana, you should be allowed to have banners, emotes, etc with marijuana related themes. It's a fun way to connect with your chat, whom will enjoy the art and emotes. It harms nobody. You guys allow people to do drinking/drunk streams which is much worse than smoking by far, and we all know that. ~ On that note. We should allow emotes and things like that to have a marijuana related theme.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sie können die Emotes des Streamers für zb 2 $ kaufen, sehen aber weiterhin die Werbung. So kann ich zb Emotes von Streamer nutzen die ich nicht schaue , aber die Emotes mag die ich sonst nicht abonnieren würde. Win win für Twitch und Streamer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think even more emote slots AND animate emote slots for affiliates would be amazing. The imbalance between partner and affiliate makes growth so much harder for affiliates. Also specifically allow affiliates to have more emotes and tier 2 and 3. These tiers are virtually unappealing to the majority of viewers, I think more emote slots and even a couple tier 2 and 3 animated emotes for affiliates would be great.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. it would be nice if i had a button where some specific Emotes can get checked by twitch, even if i had trusted status where i can upload them instantly.

Lost 2 of my Emotes and trusted Status because it doesnt go with the Emote Guidelines and thought an extra button where i can check the emotes if im unclear about it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Previously, if you moused over an emote, after a brief delay, the name of it would pop up in a bubble that was not interactive and disappeared when you moused away.

Sometime recently, it was changed to the bubble appears immediately and you can select the text within. This has made it more difficult to interact with chat text, as the bubbles are appearing as soon as I mouse over anything, blocking other thing around them, like mod controls, the Pin or Reply button, or the emote in the row above it that I was trying to access. This has…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The current set of guidelines for Twitch Emotes is a razor-thin line of subjectivity, and it is interpreted differently depending on which human being reviews it.

A year ago I submitted a dancing mango emote that was approved. A few months later it was taken down for violating guidelines on nudity. I reviewed the guidelines with my artist and we blurred the butt part of the dancing in an effort to comply with the guidelines. Please bear in mind that I reached out to twitch and informed them of my very conscious effort to try and follow guidelines, but that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Instant upload for emotes is a fantastic thing, but what if those creators who have the ability are also given the option to request approval on a specific emote. When uploading the emote, there can be a dropdown that gives two options - Instant Upload or Request Approval. This would require that their emote is approved by Twitch before it is uploaded, just like normal.

I think this can eliminate any issues that some creators might have with their emotes. If a creator believes that their emote abides by all guidelines but want to make sure, they can request approval…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Si la idea de twitch es que tanto los streamer como la misma plataforma ganen dinero a travez de la entretención online, ¿por que restringen la cantidad de emojis que se pueden subir a cada canal dependiendo de la cantidad de suscripciones activas que tiene este?
    No es atrayente para los usuarios un canal con pocos emojis y por lo tanto no se incentivan a suscribirse!
    Abran mas casillas para emojis!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ich bin Emote Designer und schon lang Affilate auf Twitch. Ich habe gemerkt das viele Affilate Streamer nur Partner sein wollen weil sie ihrer Community mehr Emotes bieten wollen. Es wär toll wenn man also Affilate zb fast so viele Emotes freischalten kann mit subs wie ein Partner. so würden viel mehr Leute kleinen Streamern ein Sub gönnen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think it would be great for people who go above and beyond with the support with Tier 2 and Tier 3 subscriptions to get more for their sub aside from just 1 additional emote, so I think it would be good to have "Evolving Emotes" So for example say if you had Charmander themed emotes as your tier 1 slot. A Waving Charmander Tier 1 Emote would become a Waving Charmeleon at Tier 2 and a Waving Charizard at Tier 3. If you have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 subscription you could choose which of these 3 would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have someone available to explain why emotes are rejected or taken down because the given reasons don’t make sense when the emote doesn’t reflect the reason.

I have had the same emote either rejected or taken down on different occasions due to nudity or sexualized content. When I try to see if someone can talk to me about what needs to be changed I get the run around.

If Twitch is going to take down one type/subtype, take ALL of them down, not just the POC ones.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think that 5 artist badges is too few. Many streamers have multiple artists for emotes, png/vtuber models, riggers, overlays, brb & starting soon screens. Especially considering that you can have significantly more VIP & Moderators than 5, it seems strange to limit the artists you'd like to recognize to only 5.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A better approval process or at least a revisionary time period for if a emote gets taken down we can reupload an adjusted version to fit within the lines of TOS so we don't have to completely lose auto approval.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice if we could put an unlimited number of emotes for affiliates and partners

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Several people have already suggested adding a new category of emote slots for viewers who gift subscriptions or for viewers who have long subscription totals or streaks.
    Instead, I propose reworking (and likely renaming) Bit Emotes to allow viewers to progress toward them with the value from gift subs, self-subs, and donations through the charity tool.

With the current iteration of Bit Emotes, most channels will never unlock the majority of the slots, because the thresholds are scaled with the platform's largest channels in mind. It's not unheard of for a smaller channel to unlock a lot of slots because…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think it's a bit of a shame that the "Artist" role has no other use except as a badge. Especially since the artists then also have to subscribe - and pay - themselves to ultimately be able to use the emotes that they themselves have created for the streamer.

So my girlfriend, who makes my emotes for me, still has to pay to be allowed to use these "own" emotes in the chat.

I would like it if the artists would get a special position and get access to their own emotes without a subscription. You could tie this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please stop this ridiculous assault on emotes. A simple emote of an animated character shaking their bum is not sexual in nature. It's just a bit of fun, and especially considering the other things Twitch allows on it's platform one simply can't fathom why an emote of a make believe video game character shaking their bum would be offensive. One simply has to spend 5 seconds browing the ASMR or hot tub categories to see content that is blatantly sexual and yet Twitch seems to take no issue with it whatsoever.

Please explain to me why an emote of Tingle,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?