Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Instead of the default icon for a VIP badge, allow me to upload an image for my users' VIP badge to show. For instance I give VIP badges to people who have won tournaments that I've broadcast on my channel. I'd like to make the VIP badge icon be a trophy.

661 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?

The reason for this suggestion:
    In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.

So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:

1. Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)
    2. Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter

In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).

Recently Twitch added a "Mod View" into…

532 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think that streamers should have the ability to be able to make their own custom mod and vip badges, without frankerfacez.

Since not every streamer has FFZ, they should have the ability to make their own since the default sword and diamond can potentially not fit a streamers theme/color theme. A lot of streamers have those. and the current colors can not fit those

Sure, sub badges are meant for those in a way, but if a streamer wants it all to fit together, custom vip and mod badges would be a great help to those streamers

If you…

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think Twitch should have badges for editors. To show users that they aren't just any old mod, but an editor for the stream as well. This could be shown through a gray badge with a pencil avatar thing. Just to show users that that user is special. Maybe even have a list of editors just like there's a list of moderators and regular viewers. but definitely a badge should be added.

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My idea is to enable moderator badges to change colors as they want it to be not just the ordinary green colored mod badge.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to give artist badges to more than 5 viewers.

Fortunately, more than 5 my fans gave me my fanart, but the limit of grantable artist badge is up to 5 viewes. I hope to increase the maximum number to treat my fans equally.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think it would be cool if streamers could upload custom versions of all badges on their channel. My sub badges have a certain style, I would love to give my founders/mods/vips/topgifters or even my broadcaster badge a custom version in the same style, so my entire chat can have one theme alltogether.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To better support artists and accredit their talents among the Twitch community, we’ve released two new features: Emote Attribution and the Artist Badge. Emote Attribution lets you credit the artists responsible for creating your emotes so they can feel the love wherever their emotes appear across Twitch. The Artist Badge lets you celebrate those who contributed artwork to your community with a special new chat badge.

You can get all the details on our Help page here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/artist-badge-attribution

We’re excited to share both of these features with the community, but they’re just the first steps to better connect creators and…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Moderators to have different color swords (i.e. the typical green background changes to black, pink, blue, yellow, orange, purple, aqua, red etc) This can help chat distinguish one Moderator from another and can also serve as a personalized thanks for all that mods do by allowing sword color customization. This can also help the streamer identify their moderators easier to see which mod is in chat.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It'd be great if streamers could assign specific badges for these roles that match the theme of their channel.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allows chatters to see a list of Twitch users with the artist role in a channel without having to pick through emotes individually. This is consistent with the /mods and /vips commands and makes it easier to see who has contributed to a channels emotes where more than one user has done so

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Subs get different badges the longer they are subscribed. Why don't MODS get different colored swords or different swords entirely the longer they are a mod?? If someone is in a chat and sees a mod with a sword showing they have lots of experience that person may be less likely to do or say something dumb knowing an experienced mod is in chat. Also there aren't enough mods to cover all streams so this would be a nice little thing to do for the mods. I have 500 hours in as a mod, it would nice to be recognized…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am a Twitch Partner. I spend a lot of time in people's twitch chats. I like to donate subs and bits to them. The problem is, when I do so, my partner badge gets yanked away from me and replaced with a bit progress or sub gift badge. I then need to go into my chat identity and reinstate my partner badge in that chat in order to keep the appearance that I am better than others.

I would like a setting that allows me to maintain my prowess as a partner in chat regardless of whether or not…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If a broadcaster runs some sort of competition on their channel (like a giveaway or if they are running races or something) the winner of that competition can be assigned a trophy badge which would be kind of like a temporary VIP. There can only be one person that holds the badge at a time, so if another winner comes along you can assign the trophy to that person and it is removed from the previous one.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello, dear Twitch support community. Sword is way too aggressive and underrepresenting the role. Hammer would represent a 'banhammer' and shield would be a great icon to show that moderator is protecting the community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think there should be more badges for the streamer to give out in chat like the vip badge for example something to show long time followers and subs, a badge for people who donate a lot, a longest lasting sub badge

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With all the new badges coming, and with the addition of the recent Affiliate badge, I suggest a special badge for the dedicated moderators of the community.

For example, if a user moderates a stream/stream in which the follower count reaches a certain number then the moderator would be given a special badge to signify that they're experienced mods, or if a person reaches a certain amount of commands made/timeouts made they're given the badge. Something like that.

I spend a lot of time moderating over 15 streams with 5,000+ followers each, and I'd love to have a cool badge…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. twitch hype chat badge: the badge will have a ray and it will work like bits badges.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I was really thrilled when twitch announced the artist badges. I am a artist myself and have some friends who are artists as well. The badges had good intentions but are, in my opinion, improvable.

1: Since Twitch now has animated emotes many streamer get their already existing emotes animated from other artists then the ones which drew them originally. Or even better, different arists work together as a team. Artist A draws the texures and Artist B animates it. Not all artists are good in any kind of art so sometimes we work together to achieve something great. BUT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Maybe have different types of designs for VIP badges for viewers and friends because I personally like to VIP my friends but at the same time I would like some viewers to be VIP alternatively add in a friend badge maybe and keep VIP's for viewers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?