Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. The hype train is such a cool way to show support and to get everyone in a good mood for a little while, but the emotes offered leave a lot to be desired. I believe people would be much more inclined to support a hype train if streamers were allowed to put their own custom emotes instead. No one really uses Twitch's provided hype train emotes. It would be a really good way to reward supporters by offering them permanent emotes that they would actually be excited to use.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please remove the hypecreep emote.
    I have arachnophobia and I think I speak for all of us who have it that it creates unnecessary anxiety.
    I watch twitch to relieve anxiety and relax.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you already have a Golden Kappa emote and you manage to participate in ANOTHER Golden Kappa train before the first one expires, the 24h timer DOES NOT refresh when you complete the new train!

This is non-obvious, and seems counter-intuitive.

I submitted this as a bug and I was just told that, quote:
    "Please note that it is not a bug, and working as intended at this time. It doesn't refresh the expiration time when participating in another Golden Kappa Hype Train."

PLEASE change this behavior! There is currently no indication that this unexpected behavior is what Twitch is…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When a hype train completes, if you have all the emotes you're eligible to get for its level, after looking through lower level emotes, the next step should be filling in old emotes from previous hype train sets. This would also incentivize more bits donations and sub gifts.

I missed out on HypeUnicorn4 and I'm very PJSalty about it.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We need more hype train emotes. I've unlocked them all, and I only get the same ole conductor badge each time. Maybe give out special emotes for those who unlock all the hype train emotes? Or even a special badge for those who always participate in the hype train.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don't claim all hype train emotes are permanent and then take away the Golden Kappa from the Golden Kappa Hype Train. Let the users keep it forever as a status symbol (retroactively too). Then more people will want to watch more often for a chance at the Golden Kappa, and then pay more to get that Golden Kappa. By taking it away, you've hurt your brand and user trust, causing viewers to not participate in Golden Kappa Hype Trains, this earning Twitch less money. So, give the Golden Kappa back.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For the future set of new hype train emotes can we please get an anime or game theme set? and maybe add some animated hype train emotes under bonus

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need new set of Hype Train emotes more often than now. Current ones have been up 7 months already. Also the harder to get Bonus Emotes should be animated type. Like others suggested before, if refresh is this slow an option to backfill from earlier sets should be added.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please change the Hype prefix. Sometimes I want to look for a hype emote from people I subscribe to but I cannot find them because the Hype train emotes take up the whole preview list (when I type :hype).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When putting the Hype Train Emotes on the Help pages, could you add an image map so that hovering over each icon will give its chat phrase. This would allow people the option to type each one into chat to work out what ones they do or don't have without trying to look at the smaller icons in chat interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, if someone anonymously supports a streamer during a Hype Train, they won't be rewarded any of the emotes. It's almost as if Twitch doesn't recognize their donation. I understand that's the purpose of anonymously supporting a streamer; however, since Twitch knows we cheered/gifted, why is it that the donator isn't rewarded the emote?

The one thing that comes to my mind is how Hype Trains lists the top supporters. Although, they could also list them as Anonymous there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?