Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. When you see "Follower Emote uploads are currently disabled on your account", it should say why. It is a worrisome message and it says to learn why, click here, but if it's as simple as "you've only streamed 59/60 times" or something, it would be great if it just said the reason.

Currently it says "Find out how to regain access" as if I were being punished but I don't believe I've ever had access to them before. I don't remember seeing this scary warning situation in the past, so either something went wrong for me or the page has…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create the functionality to allow streamers to choose individual subscriber or bits emotes that they would like to DISABLE from global use.

Currently, Follower emotes are restricted to a streamer's channel... It would be great to see streamers be able to exclude certain emotes from global use, particularly for emotes that aren't inherently harmful but just not likely to be understood outside of the community. Something that works in my community might not work in someone else's - this would, in effect, reduce harm or the necessity to remove emotes that are seen as 'bullying' if they are isolated to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I know this might be a bit farfetched, but in my short time on Twitch I've noticed that emotes can become a HUGE part of a channel's branding.

If someone is just starting out but really serious about creating a solid brand, they should at least be allowed 2-3 emotes without having to reach affiliate or partner first.

Every streamer has to invest time or money into their own emotes anyway (cause Twitch staff sure ain't paying for our emotes to be designed) so why not?

Figure out a way to streamline the approval process and there you go.

Something…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The following endpoint allows to get/set the chat un emote/sub/follow-only....
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-chat-settings
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#update-chat-settings

I believe it would make sens to add the new "first-time chatter" filter brought by shield mode to it so external tools can get or set this value.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, Follower emotes are only unlocked by 60 unique days of streaming within a 2-year period within the same Affiliation period. Using myself as an example, following the inaction on hate raids last year, I unaffiliated for a month or two as it was the only way I felt like I could get Support’s attention to the issue. Several streamers I know did the same in that period of time. I’ve since reaffiliated to give my regulars as many perks as I can for being in chat and subbing, which brought this Follower emote issue to my attention.

Regardless of…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we make the emote rayapomad a global emote?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow the modified emotes (redeemed with points OR with tiered subs) usable on emote only chat...
    Because modifier emotes are emotes.. right ?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With the new follower emotes, there is now a reason to aim for instant upload eligibility quickly. Or at least the need to prepare for it (e.g. by hiring artists).

However, nowhere on the dashboard does it say how many of the necessary 60 days one has streamed already, which leaves streamers to guesswork or long-winded calculation.

I assume you have such a stat on the program backend to verify the eligibility yourself, so would you mind making it visible to us creators?

Unofficial websites can't differentiate between days streamed as an Affiliate and those before.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Followers already have an ability to use emotes by using channel points in channels they actively engage in. This feature I feel would clutter an already hard to navigate emote viewer. It also makes it so people would just follow for an emote and not engage with the streamer or their content. I feel the channel point redemption for using emotes is good enough for this as it encourages viewer engagement with the channel in order to use them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The addition of the Emote Library that is coming soon is a fantastic addition, this is great for solving the issue of disparity between partners and affiliates on emote variety, without undermining the parner program and is a fantastic compromise.

I would like to suggest the addition to the Twitch API to allow for enabling and disabling of active emotes from the Emote library via a privlaged API call from a token with sufficient privlages through oAUTH.

An example of the proposed usecase would be 4 API calls:
    -Activate Emote [Params: Emote ID, (Optional: Emote Slot)]
    -Deactivate Emote by ID…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Where I see Follower emotes working best is by giving your followers access to 5 of your existing sub emotes, and if they want the remainder, they would need to subscribe. It would allow them to get a taste of your library and still feel like a part of the community. However, the way it's set up now makes that complicated.

THE ISSUE: If you decide to make some of your existing sub emotes available to followers with the current system, you have two options: either you have to make a second version of the same emotes, or you have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be useful if the following values could be added to each emote:

• Channel Name (e.g. "owner name") - Obviously the name can be retrieved from the "owner id" by doing another API request, but it would be nicer to require fewer API requests
    • Tier - The "Get Channel Emotes" endpoint already contains a "tier" value, it would be nice if this one would also have it

Additionally, not all emote sets appear to be supported by the endpoint. For example the following emote sets (from the "emote-sets" tag and also valid emote sets in the v5 "Get User…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dear Twitch,
    I'm writing this message to give a suggestion regarding Affiliates being able to regain instant uploader eligibility after losing it from an emote being denied.
    Wanting to create Follower Emotes, I discovered that this feature was disabled for me because a while back, I had an emote design denied because it included a cross icon over a blue button (made to look like a video game controller). Unfortunately, it was interpreted as the letter X, which broke the Rules and Guidelines for emote designs ("emotes containing a single letter in the graphic").
    To regain instant uploader eligibility, I've…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For the instant upload eligibility and free follower emotes there's no way (that I know of) that you can see how many days you are away from achieving this. There should be a place to see either in analytics or a goal bar in the emotes section. I'm so tired of miscounting and telling my followers we're one stream away only to realize I was wrong.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hey everyone!

We have follower emotes, hype emotes, bit emotes. Why not a special emote slot for people who have been supporting you since the beginning. Give them something very special.

So 10 for Affiliates, and 25 for Partner.

And it'd be 1 emote for Affiliate and maybe 2-3 for partner?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There needs to be a possibility to search sub emotes by emote code. Previously twitchemotes.com offered that functionality but that got removed.

Being able to search for sub emotes by their code (for example when you need a new "Frustrated"-emote because this feature not existing frustrates you) helps viewers find emotes they like and can help especially smaller streamers who might stay undiscovered otherwise to get brand new subscribers.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give a long time follower emote option! Followers for over a year, two years, ect should get a new emote slot

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be greatly appreciated if once achieving affiliate status, follower emotes were instantly available. To stream for 60 days (after reaching affiliate) is such a long time to wait solely for follower emotes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add slots for animated emotes under the follower emote section. So that followers can also have access to animated emotes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Instead of the current way that partners have maximum of 3 lifetime subs they can give to viewers and 2 to bots, I'd like to see this updated to something like you can give free sub for one year to 3 viewers (or more for partners and maybe 1 for affiliates).
    This would be a good update because life happens and maybe one of your lifetime subs dies or otherwise stops coming to your streams, like if you give your girl/boyfriend a free sub and then few years later you break up you could then give the free sub to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?