Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

New Channel Page

New Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Due to the new layout, the old channel art I had custom made is now too wide/tall. It flows over the current expected banner sizing in both height and width. That, and the channel tone color on the right size is incredibly ugly, not matter what I choose. Why is that even there? I really want it gone.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The new Home and About tab:

• The hyperlinks on the home page should be more dynamic and we as "owners" of our channel should be able to select which hyperlinks we want to be displayed there or not. Having it locked with "Home, About, Schedule, Videos, Chat" when not everyone makes use of all those (and even if they do, it's a fact that most viewers don't give a "f" for that many info in there) it's unnecessary.

• What's the reason for "having" that Chat hyperlink there? I don't see the use for it - also it's important to notice…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why spend extra resources to load it up after clicking "offline chat" instead of having it there already, like it currently is. The offline page is so simple to navigate, there's no reason to complicate it by having to click through several times just to find the information you want.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Instead of just having an option to say a stream is cancelled, it would be nice to make the listing as invisible to our viewers. That way we can freely edit the listing without creating confusion, or hide it if that stream/activity doesn't happen on any given week.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It gives streamers the easier path for to finally show people how the streamer streams and shows who they really are.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a viewer who only sparingly watches any stream other than the small handful I like and would actively not like to see a bunch of streams I don't have any interest in, every single aspect of this UI update is terrible, inconvenient, ugly, obtuse, and otherwise was a bad move. When I go to a channel I do want to watch that's offline, I'm assaulted by whatever person that streamer is hosting and have no option to either stop the hosted channel from appearing or to remove the elements I don't like from the offline page. The offline page…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The real time viewer update along with the total time of the stream time counter are very distracting .Should be a option for the ones that want that. Intead bring back the total views the channel has the the old viewer count. About the rest of the new layout i know that any complain would fall on deaf ears .So please just do this things that i ask.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm not sure why, but the lower right hand corner shows that the image is not lined up properly and the image is getting cut off. It looks horribly unprofessional having that little bit of overhang there.

Additionally, the scaling is terrible at the recommended size. It just blows the image up to the point where it's a muddled mess, even when done in high res formats.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is there meant to be this random blank area on the right hand side and bottom of the channel that is just the colour that is chosen to show when hovering over videos and such? It looks like you've just not fully figured out the dimensions of the channel yet and seems like an error. Is this area intentional?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I really enjoy how much cleaner the new page is, but currently there is no good place to put links to affiliated websites, sponsors, etc. I personally would like to see a lot more customization given to us on these channel pages.
    It would be a nice addition to have custom rows for what previously existed in panels.
    The ability to have rows of curated uploads, clips and highlights would be a welcome addition for those new to the channel who want to see more than the channel trailer.
    Adding in a customizable layout (like in the videos tab) would…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. From what I saw you have to choose a timeframe and select all of the days for those times. However I stream at different times each day so I need to be able to change the time for each day. But I also have a schedule panel on my stream. I feel like a lot of these changes will replace the need for panels but personally I kind of like panels still... I think there should be an opt in option for those of use that want our own artwork.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 99.9999% of streamers are loud and obnoxious, please add an option to not have some random stream open when i first visit this site's front page. I hate managing which sites i mute through the browser.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It's not very obvious to a lot of people that clicking the streamer's profile picture or name will toggle between the profile page ("home") and the stream player with chat.

I don't know how one would accomplish this in the current design, since it feels like this toggling functionality, while 100% necessary and important, was hacked in at the last minute. Nonetheless, people need an obvious and intuitive way to see that they can switch between seeing our channel home and info, and seeing the large player and chat.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now, when hosting another channel (both autohosting and manual), the only indication to a viewer that I'm hosting and not actually live, is the small text underneath my username saying "Hosting SoAndSo".

Viewers will miss that. Nobody will see that. I had to specifically look for it when I thought something was off and I was seeing person A streaming on person B's channel.

The old colourful banner across the page that said "ThisPerson is hosting SoAndSo" and provided a link to their channel was a lot clearer. It communicated this in a straightforward, obvious way.

Now, the new…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love the new schedule section, and I love that it puts a VOD there when the stream is over. However, multiple times a week I and many others are routinely a guest on other channels that I would love to feature in my schedule as well. So many of my viewers are constantly asking, what time and what channel, it would be great if I could direct them to the schedule page and it will not only show them what I'm streaming and when, but where I'll be. (If they were able to smack "follow" or "notify me of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new channel page layout (released around 12 May 2020) doesn't respect auto-play settings from browsers. I've tested it with Firefox and Google Chrome across macOS, Linux, and Windows, and nothing sticks.

Specifically, the page that shows VODs with the stream playing behind the content just continues to play with video and audio, despite my browser settings being set to block auto-playing video and audio. If I go directly to the "live" page with the chat box, the video doesn't start playing automatically.

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/cvtPFB0c

Having a moving background behind what I'm trying to look at causes immediate motion sickness…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I do own a macbook pro and the schedule is unreadable on it, I can only see 3 rows and a quarter at the same time.
    Having a third of the screen blocked for the general info is really annoying and breaks the layout. It also gives a weird impression when you scroll, because the way it works is weird.

Not everyone on Twitch has a 1920*1080p resolution :)

See for example: https://i.imgur.com/LF4x9m9.png
    Scrolling behavior: https://i.imgur.com/TEVf6zx.mp4

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Right now it seems extremely onerous, if I know I'm not going to be able to stream one particular night or my plan for that night is going to change, to have to dig into the schedule UI and mess around with things. It'd be great to make this case more ergonomic (esp. something like "activate vacation mode for just today") via a dashboard button or something.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think the home page needs to be more modular. When you're offline you should be able to display what you feel new viewers should see. Allow the extension system within the home tab or something similar so we can make our channel feel catered to our audience! I want to be able to put up an upcoming stream tab or even share some current information. Maybe even a news feed, so that streamers can communicate directly with our viewers without having to rely on things like discord communities or other social media. We need more options for when we…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I generally stream from around 11pm to 4am my time, and that stretches the schedule to the full width which causes several different issues. It prevents game icons from being shown at all, it cuts off the name of the game and other important information since it's at the edge, and it prevents past stream VODs from displaying like they're supposed to. It seems at least slightly remedied by only setting 1 game that spans the entire length (sorry, variety streamers), but it still doesn't display the game icon unless it reaches at least 4.5 hours for one of the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?