Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Having a channel-specific badge that viewers can display could be a great way to allow users to flaunt long-term viewership in a channel. Similar to the way that a channel-specific bit badge operates, viewers could choose to invest Channel Points in to this badge which would upgrade to a fancier version at whatever cutoff points Twitch decides upon. This can also serve as a good catch-all purpose Channel Points redemption for channels that don't have or want extensive Channel Point options available.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The panels should have an option to force a grid layout, instead of the floating randomness we have today. I designed a 3 column poster that displays correctly on the most common screen resolutions, but it breaks with this new layout.

Streamers should have the choice of floating(today), three, four or five column layouts.

The new channel layout makes it easier for everyone to find the info they're looking for about a streamer, which is great.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would love to see animated GIF support for my stream panels or even larger filesizes permitted. Currently there is a 1 megabyte limit on file size.

Since twitch loads the video stream first and doesn't load the panels until the user attempts to scroll down, the increased file size allowance would not impact the load time of a broadcast.

Animated GIF, MP4 or MOV support would greatly increase the control and polish available to broadcasters

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Most advertisements you get in emails at least give you the option to unsubscribe. I know what games and I'm not interested in free loot or whatever. The world has too much click bait already.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I entered all of my social links, but I decided that I'd like to reorder them. With the current mechanism, I need to re-enter all of them, from scratch, in the order that I prefer. Well, that sucks! This obviously needs 'push up / down' buttons or drag-and-drop for the individual social link boxes.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I very, VERY much dislike having it default to Videos. I worked really hard on my About section, and if I'm live, I don't want people exploring my videos; I want them interacting with me live. If I'm offline, the link to the Videos page is plenty.

Basically I don't want to have to go through my page and delete VODs that weren't all that great just because I can't control which ones your algorithm chooses to display.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The top panel on the "about" page and the schedule page are bland to look at. I would love to be able to choose an accent color or add my own graphics, especially if the panels will not be on the main page. It takes away a lot of the individual expression that we're allowed with the current layout.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!

8. A lot of military veterans use streaming as a way to connect to the community and re-integrate with society. This would allow other veteran streamers find and support other veterans in there pursuit of building a safe community for veterans.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a list of options to choose from for a channel point redemption. For example I allow users to change the stream layout. Rather than having 3 separate icons I could have one and they can choose the option. The output in chat would be the same as if they typed the message out. I'd also like them to be able to change the greenscreen background and adding 3 or 4 more redemption options would start to clutter the points screen.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Being able to personalize moderator and VIP badges could be a great addition to give originality to the channels and with the logos related to their channel.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I think as a matter of principal, a streamer should be able to reset everyone's channel points down to 0 if they choose. It's their channel and they should have the ability to reset everything back to square one. I have a personal experience to why I really require a reset button for this.

I enabled channel points way back when the feature was first introduced with the intent of adding custom redemptions down the line. Well last month I added them and I'm in the predicament where I can't set values for them fairly. I have people who have…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. So the rough idea is that if an image is provided for a panel, and title text rather than displaying both the title text should automatically become used as the alt and title text for the image.

This would assist in allowing people to more easily navigate, regardless of how they're accessing the site, and provide a more cohesive graceful over view on panels.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A while back the main graph on Channel Analytics changed to show statistics based on the day instead of the stream. This means that if you stream past midnight, you get two bars, one for the statistics before midnight, the other for the statistics after midnight.

Statistics on Twitch are almost only relevant per stream, not day, and this change has made it a much less helpful representation.

Please change this back!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let users favorite the channels so they can easily find the ones they enjoy the most watching in the beginning of the following list / bar.

Or let them put the following channels into categories and apply sorts/filters to them.

I watched twitch for over 5 years and in this time I have followed over 3k channels. I have a really hard time to find the channels that don't have crazy numbers in the following list or in the following bar.

Also, an easy way to mass manage the notifications of both the channels online and offline that you follow,…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The 'customize your channel' link should take you to an interactive version of the same layout, with clear buttons showing which part of the page you would be changing - and everything should be customizable. Moreover, most or all of the new features should be optional.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To my friends on Twitch,

Affiliates work hard to make their channels great. It would be excellent to have the ability to have a badge next to our names, similarly to the verified badge Partners get but obviously with a subtle difference.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you please bring back total views on channels ? Or add a feature to get it again. Thanks !

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The new layout is cluttered and confusing, and will require viewers to click through multiple tabs and panels to find the information they need. Just leave the channel pages as they are and let us choose and design our own panels, extensions, and information that we want to show.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The new profile banner image scaling, apparently introduced this week, attempts to cram the entire image into the space for it on the page. This may work for some images, but for most others (even those sized using Twitch guidelines) it just looks weird. Please either go back to the older image scaling, which attempts to fit images by height only, or make the new scheme an option.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?