Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Currently, the channel trailer is visible only to subscribers when "Subscriber-Only Archives" is turned on for Affiliates. This should not be the case. The channel trailer should always remain public, as it's entire purpose is to entice new viewers who have just discovered the page to find out more information and follow. It's actually not even designed for subscribers so they probably won't even watch it, it's designed for new viewers. Furthermore, the channel trailer is never streamed, therefore it's not really an "archive" of any sort and does not need to be considered locked-away content. They should remain public…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More of an issue, I've had viewers (new) come in and say "it's subscriber only". The issue is that vods are subscriber only and the uploaded vod counts as a subscriber only option, so when they go to the link it shows and intro. I do not want my vods/clips anything to be open to any viewer. JUST THE INTRO. If this is not possible already, it should be. If it is, please guide me. In the individual video option it claims to be viewable by everyone, but it's not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I was going back to update my stream schedule after going through a game quicker than originally anticipated, and when I went to look to see if my schedule had updated, I saw there was overlap with upcoming streams and previously done streams. I do love the ability to pull up the streamer's schedule and see both upcoming streams and also streams that happened in the past 7 days and LOVE the ability to simple click and be taken to the VoD page, but it looks really messy the way the two overlap with each other. 

I included an image…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would be good if we could customize the video layout under "home" as well, not only under "videos". I make my past broadcasts into highlights, for archiving reasons. But when I do that, almost nothing shows up in "home" for potential new followers - just maybe the one last past broadcast that I did, that I didn't archive yet. Other than that, new potential followers won't see any more videos at the "home" section of a channel.

Make it so we can customize the page better. Maybe one bigger video on the top for a "channel welcome video", and then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There should be a easier way to see streamers who don't bring in as much viewers as the bigger streamers cause as a new streamer it is highly discouraging to grind for months and not see any progress because the discover ability is not good at all on twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I talked to a lot of different Viewers and streamers to come up with these problems that the majority agree with.

The new Channel page isn't Intuitive at all. Only a small portion of the Offline banner is showing, and it's covered by channel trailers and other stuff.

Took me 4 minutes to find Clips, channel views is no where to be found, Titles are way too small and it also looks clunky and not intuitive when someone is live and you try to look at one of their sections/tabs.

Something like channel views especially is really nice to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello.

When you watch a watching a replay. There is no section "Description". BUT in the video Studio, when editing a record, this section is there.

-When you click on "Video Producer", all the recordings open, select the recording and you can write the text in the "Description" section;

-When you open a video replay, there used to be a line "Description" at the bottom, that is, expand the tab to read the description, but now it is gone.

Please correct / return this function, it does not work properly.

Sincerely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Once upon a time there was a news section in twitch by streamers, but that's a bit of a different feature. I think stories are a very good tool for communicating with followers, at the very least I will be able to do without extraneous social networks for this purpose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Due to the new layout, the old channel art I had custom made is now too wide. It flows over the current expected banner sizing in both height and width. That, and the channel tone color on the right size is incredibly ugly, not matter what I choose. Why is that even there? I really want it gone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hola, soy Viewer / Streamer de Twitch, se supone que ya se ha cambiado la página del Canal pero hasta ahorita yo no la tengo no sé porque razón

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why does the schedule just strike-through on the days during a set vacation? It would be far better to have "Vacaction" show up vs just the cancellation. Not only would it look better, but it would likely be perceived by viewers/potential viewers a lot better as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I need 50 or 110 follow to make some money

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I'd like to be able to customize, what and in what order appears at the top of my channel page. I'm talking about last broadcast ("check out this stream from x ago"), autohosted channel ("while X is offline, check out"), and recent highlight ("X made a highlight of a recent stream"), which you can cycle through.

In my case, the thing that pops up as the first item is my last broadcast, but I'd actually prefer promoting the latest highlight as the first thing people see when they go to my channel.

Also, I feel like there is a way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The cards that fill the area previously occupied by the channel banner cover the majority of the available space. It's impossible to put any kind of branded image in there because it'll just get covered by the cards. This new channel page layout seems to seek to homogenize the look and feel of everyone's channels to the absolute exclusion of personality or meaningful customization.

My options for a channel banner now seem to be

1) My channel name a million times on a solid color background, or

2) A meaningless blob of color since I can't put my name or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Now when I want to Host my friends who are also Streaming, instead of it being easily accessible and you get a good feedback from the Streamer and your own page, now I cannot even find the option to Host at all from their page, let alone what it looks like for my Channel Page.

At least bring back the instant Host button, if nothing else. It makes it much harder with this new page to be discovered and create a community with an integral feature essentially wiped from the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Love it! My only add on is if it was possible for the channel to default to the About section instead of the Home tab. It's not a big deal but would be awesome if we can choose which section would be the default in the channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The topbar is MASSIVE and the fact you can't collapse it honestly is annoying and makes it in the way. It would be nice if both the streamer and the viewer had the option to collapse this, including an option for it to be collapsed by default. Its one of the most basic topbars I've ever seen and takes up a lot of space. Let us remove it if we want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Inspired by the idea posted by CeNY (https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/928429-new-channel-page/suggestions/40040410-make-one-off-schedule-changes-easier), it's extremely tedious to have to scroll all the way down just to make schedule changes, or change the option you want on the channel at all. Maybe have a context menu by the side or something that will just scroll you down the the options you want to jump straight to, rather than having to scroll so much every time. At a minimum, prioritise the order of the settings a bit more so Streamers can access info that is changed more often much quicker.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why aren't we able to fully customize our channels? Animated banners, vids, signs, importable handdrawn overlays, animated borders or side panels with gifs and clips, live feeds of your favorite streamers, the ability to pick and chose ad's that you prefer or products you endorse, and official sponsorship badge area, more rewards, more laxed rules regarding qualifications for partner/affiliate.

Maybe even a lil love for those of us that stream 40-60-80 hours week, more access to content or creator contracts or access to developer/publisher sponsorship / more alpha's and beta give aways, total control over everything and where it gets…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The current translation is intending bad in Swedish.

“Om oss” (About) literally means “About us”. Much better to have a neutral term like “Info”, “Information” or “Om kanalen” (about the channel).

Similarly “Planera” (Schedule) is the verb to schedule something or to plan. Whoever translated this had no context for where it would be used. It should be “Tablå” which is the term Swedish TV and radio uses when discussing their broad at times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?