Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

New Channel Page

New Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. For whatever reason, I needed to specifically UPLOAD a video to use as a channel trailer. I couldn't use any of my existing highlights, clips, or collections. If the VOD meets the criteria (less than 60s, etc), why can't we use it as a channel trailer?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would recommend to make it more visible when the channel is hosting another. Especially for new people on twitch its often very confusing.

Solution idea: for example, I would show the offline screen with a transparent screen over it (so you can still see the offline screen through it) in the center of it saying "This streamer is currently hosting XYZ" with a button to show the hosted channel on the page you are on right now, like "show" - or "hide" if you want to check out the offline screen - because quite a few of us have…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Making everything about the channel layout more accessible to mobile users would be a huge advantage, as currently the experience for mobile users is heavily compromised (inability for mobile users to interact with Twitch Polls is the exact reason I don't use them, for example).
    If the changes to this can be made in a way that makes it easier to communicate things like schedule and 'about the streamer' to a mobile user, I can get behind that, but otherwise I find there is very little redeeming about this new layout.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. While streamers may stream at the same time every week on their schedule, they may not stream the same thing on each day. Having common presets for titles, categories and tags for games or activities that we actively cycle between will make it easier when for scheduling rather than having to retype them out whenever we change things up.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I stream ocassionally but I watch more often. I think making a renovation of channels when they're offline is a good idea, however there are many channels that have Offline communities that hang around the chat so it's useful to have the chat be available still as soon as you enter the streamer's channel instead of having to click a tab, it seems to me it seeks to resemble the mobile experience but I don't understand why? I like more customization options and making the channel look more professional but for the introduction video, wouldn't it be better to have…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Whenever I first load any page on Twitch, and also at completely random times, many elements on the page don't load, and instead appear as a ghost icon with the text "Failed to load module" next to it. I have to refresh the page many times, sometimes 20 or more, to actually get everything working. It's seriously frustrating.

I've inspected what's going on in the developer console while this happens, and it seems that it's related to Twitch's scripts failing to fetch CSS or JS chunks for various parts of the page.

Interestingly, this only happens in Firefox. I don't…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There now seems to be no point to hosting another channel when I am not streaming, as there is no indication on my channel page that I am doing so without jumping through hoops.

The useless video carousel defaults to the channel trailer video. If I remove the channel trailer, it defaults to the video of my last stream. The equally useless “customize your channel” button gives no options to choose what content will be shown by default in the carousel. A viewer landing on my page will have no way to know I am hosting someone else’s channel unless…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new channel page design adopts the worst trend in bad UI/UX: it takes the functionality that users have come to expect and grown accustomed to, and either buries it or removes it all together. Features such as the Followers tab are now so hard to find that first I thought they had been removed outright.

The postage stamp sized carousel that replaces my offline image when first navigating to my channel page is laughably useless. My offline image was designed to convey specific information relevant to the channel and new viewers. That is gone, replaced by a tiny and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi. I think we should use Twitch global emotes or our emotes on channel panel.

For example while showing subscription advantages -or something- on the panel, we can display our emotes there without image.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice if the accent color you choose would be implemented in more places on your home page.

A little more explanation is because the main body of your channel page has the accent color as the background on the bottom/bottom right side of the page(not sure if it is actually the background as I am not familiar with it yet) also when you hover over the VODs it reveals the color once again.

I would like to see the accent color be shown throughout the home page a little more for example on the links for "Home",…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi,

I think the video carousel on your channel home page is great! However, I would like to have control on the order of content on it. I would prefer to have my channel trailer first to give a viewer the idea of what my channel is about rather than a 4 hour stream up front. Currently the channel trailer is last in the carousel so it would be nice to be able to customize this.

Thanks for your time!

• fondue

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Some people use custom links to redirect to sites, including Discord and don't always use a discord . gg URL or something similar - use the Favicon from the site like YouTube does, this would allow icons to be more clear instead of having a bunch of standard hyperlink icons hanging around

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The profile picture is redundant on the Chat/Live page - you have it to the left of the title and directly below in the About section. Allow a second profile image or an option to upload an image specifically for this section to avoid this redundancy.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If we are being somewhat pushed to the idea of needing to have a trailer filling up what will otherwise be a rather blank space (Unless we use the old page), can we at least have the trailer as we want it?

You are currently suggesting (forcing) the usage of a trailer but wanting it to conform to your notions of what makes good advertisement (60 seconds), and I do not agree with this. For a medium that's about a long term entertainment (potentially several hours worth a day) , I want to at least be able to show case…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I find it frustrating when scrolling through the schedule page. The top part with channel name, profile pic, tabs, buttons, the text "Streamer's next stream is in 20 hours.", and the times is too large and scrolls with the page. Viewers can see at max 5 days of the week. If there is a way to shrink the top part or have it not scroll with the page so viewers can see all 7 days that would be great.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clips need to have a "showcase" star or something where you can go star your favorite clips from each stream and they will go to a showcase feed on your channels homepage or videos tab.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Requiring viewers to scroll and click on the schedule to know when I'm next going live is tedious and not efficient. Next to the channel trailer, there should be a countdown when I'm going live and if possible the weekly schedule

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Right now if I want to take cancel a stream I inform my viewers on discord/twitter. Viewers that are looking for me on Twitch with on my usual time have no way to know if today's stream is not happening. There should be a system for me to post updates and show them as the very first thing on the page.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I've never liked the visible numbers, and the current layout took some positive steps (on desktop at least) by taking the Follower count off the landing page and making people click into the Follower tab to see the actual numbers.

Personally, I find the numbers a source of anxiety. I know many don't, and use them as confidence/clout boosters. That's all fine, I'm just asking for the option on the broadcaster's side to hide those numbers if they so choose.

Thank you.

Edit: To clarify, a robust option would be to hide for all, not just the broadcaster. What I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?