Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

New Channel Page

New Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I'm not sure why, but the lower right hand corner shows that the image is not lined up properly and the image is getting cut off. It looks horribly unprofessional having that little bit of overhang there.

Additionally, the scaling is terrible at the recommended size. It just blows the image up to the point where it's a muddled mess, even when done in high res formats.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there meant to be this random blank area on the right hand side and bottom of the channel that is just the colour that is chosen to show when hovering over videos and such? It looks like you've just not fully figured out the dimensions of the channel yet and seems like an error. Is this area intentional?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I really enjoy how much cleaner the new page is, but currently there is no good place to put links to affiliated websites, sponsors, etc. I personally would like to see a lot more customization given to us on these channel pages.
    It would be a nice addition to have custom rows for what previously existed in panels.
    The ability to have rows of curated uploads, clips and highlights would be a welcome addition for those new to the channel who want to see more than the channel trailer.
    Adding in a customizable layout (like in the videos tab) would…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. From what I saw you have to choose a timeframe and select all of the days for those times. However I stream at different times each day so I need to be able to change the time for each day. But I also have a schedule panel on my stream. I feel like a lot of these changes will replace the need for panels but personally I kind of like panels still... I think there should be an opt in option for those of use that want our own artwork.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It's not very obvious to a lot of people that clicking the streamer's profile picture or name will toggle between the profile page ("home") and the stream player with chat.

I don't know how one would accomplish this in the current design, since it feels like this toggling functionality, while 100% necessary and important, was hacked in at the last minute. Nonetheless, people need an obvious and intuitive way to see that they can switch between seeing our channel home and info, and seeing the large player and chat.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Right now, when hosting another channel (both autohosting and manual), the only indication to a viewer that I'm hosting and not actually live, is the small text underneath my username saying "Hosting SoAndSo".

Viewers will miss that. Nobody will see that. I had to specifically look for it when I thought something was off and I was seeing person A streaming on person B's channel.

The old colourful banner across the page that said "ThisPerson is hosting SoAndSo" and provided a link to their channel was a lot clearer. It communicated this in a straightforward, obvious way.

Now, the new…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I love the new schedule section, and I love that it puts a VOD there when the stream is over. However, multiple times a week I and many others are routinely a guest on other channels that I would love to feature in my schedule as well. So many of my viewers are constantly asking, what time and what channel, it would be great if I could direct them to the schedule page and it will not only show them what I'm streaming and when, but where I'll be. (If they were able to smack "follow" or "notify me of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Right now it seems extremely onerous, if I know I'm not going to be able to stream one particular night or my plan for that night is going to change, to have to dig into the schedule UI and mess around with things. It'd be great to make this case more ergonomic (esp. something like "activate vacation mode for just today") via a dashboard button or something.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think the home page needs to be more modular. When you're offline you should be able to display what you feel new viewers should see. Allow the extension system within the home tab or something similar so we can make our channel feel catered to our audience! I want to be able to put up an upcoming stream tab or even share some current information. Maybe even a news feed, so that streamers can communicate directly with our viewers without having to rely on things like discord communities or other social media. We need more options for when we…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I generally stream from around 11pm to 4am my time, and that stretches the schedule to the full width which causes several different issues. It prevents game icons from being shown at all, it cuts off the name of the game and other important information since it's at the edge, and it prevents past stream VODs from displaying like they're supposed to. It seems at least slightly remedied by only setting 1 game that spans the entire length (sorry, variety streamers), but it still doesn't display the game icon unless it reaches at least 4.5 hours for one of the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Everything is sooo big, it looks like I had my resolution on 200%.
    The panels should all be customizable and moveable.
    The Info page should be the first thing my viewer should see and not all my videos.
    The schedule plan looks like font size 150 pt. and should be much smaller and perhaps integrated in my info page.
    And at last -> let it be selectable if I want to show an Intro video or my own created banner

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prevents unnecessary blur from the filtering applied when resizing the video. Great for retro game streamers using integer scaling.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Even way back to September 2019, the old channel layouts back then used to be fantastic. Now you're just making it worse each time, Twitch. We can't see who someone is following, we can't see our followers either and there's also an annoying green background in the bottom-right corner when scrolling down. And we also can't see the banners. Twitch, you're stooping lower and lower. Why not make a poll for everyone to decide which layout they prefer more?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can I revert this? please, It is not yet complete, things are missing, for example, to see the followers, the option of "My Teams" in the channel configuration does not appear.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No one can find Videos now... nor is the Streaming schedule ANY helpful since its WAY to big and does NOT show ANY relevant information.
    (Streaming from 10 pm to 3pm for example just cuts every word in half and puts it into two different lines...WHY?)

Yes Panels did the same thing, and Banners too... Why do i have to design everything new? The "Channel Trailer" is a nice Idea, but DEFINETLY in the wrong place.

Using a browser zooming in and out just makes everything worse... Like try it!
    The stream even keeps running on the side of the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I spend so much time making sure that all of my VOD's and highlights have a description that is informative and useful, and I've just noticed it's been removed. Please bring the description back. It's the only way I can reference info I need to convey for that VOD.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The about section has a limit of 300 chars, which it doesn't stop you from breaking; it just truncates what you entered. This can lead to lost edits, which antagonizes creators who want to use the site's features.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The way the schedule panel is set up right now, with a full 24h time slot, if your stream begins at 10PM everyday the panels will look split between days and they won't show the full information in them, making them useless and confusing.

It would be very nice if the streamer can choose either to only show a 12h layout or a specific time slot (e.g. from 6PM to 6AM) to accomodate to these cases.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the ability to add a "Business E-Mail" address to the social links. It would be nice to have everything in one neat area.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In all seriousness, I don’t think this is a very helpful update. I was trying to figure it out this morning, and it was very frustrating.

I liked how simple and easy it was before, it was very user friendly. I don’t know if it’s just not possible to upload a trailer now because it’s in testing, but I’ve been trying to get it to work for the past 10 minutes and it’s starting to anger me greatly.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?