Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

New Channel Page

New Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. RE night streamers: Streams starting at 8PM or later have basically zero horizontal real-estate making them unreadable on the schedule.

RE weekday streamers: the schedule seems to only show a fixed week, with past VODs filling the elapsed portion and the schedule filling in the upcoming portion. This is sort of neat BUT it means that once Saturday/Sunday roll around at the end of the calendar, you see nothing about the upcoming schedule anymore, seemingly defeating the purpose of the whole thing.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where you can see the channel trailer/past broadcast it would be cool to to have an option to display on the left and/or right a "summary" of your about and a condensed version of the schedule. That way the viewer can get a lot of quick info about who you are and when they can catch you!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Accent Color in the Schedule because its too flat with no life when you set it up

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There are some interesting new ideas, like Video trailer, and social media links, but honestly for 2 new interesting Ideas, the new Layout is way too complicated.

Panels have been streamers way of getting more info out about themselves. I don't know why the "Home" tab and the "Chat" tab can't be merged: Keep the "Chat" layout and have the "Video Trailer" where the Stream Video usually is. and I agree that people should be able to opt out from the whole video trailer thing, so they can keep their offline screens.

The rest of the Home Tab, and About…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Panels let you format with Markdown; now that the about section is front and center, it should support Markdown, too.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I love all of the new elements that will be included in the new offline design. However, I am not in love with the exact layout of them. I would like to be able to move around my sections to best serve my intentions and my viewers that are viewing while offline. I think also you should be able to add panels to add further customization and to get a taste from each content creator.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Twitch is adamant about changing the channel page, as this is the second time around they are trying to do it, and i commend them by that. Having said that instead of just saying change the channel page back, embrace the new page and give feedback so the page can be the best possible thing.

I am gonna echo some of the ideas i have seen around and give some of my own:

1 - Merge ''home'' and about'' or have the about become the landing page.
    Merging them would be the best option, I would have the about section…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I wish one didnt get disconnected from chat when moving around on the new channel site. MIxer has chat open for view even if one is not there, makes the mobile experience alot better! The new tabs (home, about, schedule etc) should be visible to browse from the stream/chat tab without chat getting disconnected.

So many times multitasking is impossible on mobile when viewing with chromecast for example, cause chat gets disconnected as soon as i open another app or tab within twitch.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The size difference in video banner vs info down below in tabs looks ok in 1080p but the video banner gets too small on a 1440p resolution and is no longer an eyecatcher.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If the tabs are customizable (enable / disable) a tab for stream perks would be nice, showing of emotes, sub badges, cheer emotes etc. Kinda how the site https://twitchemotes.com does today. With customization boxes where we could ad other perks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You can add more than one schedule entry in one go, but if you then go back to edit them you need to do it for each one separately. You should be able to select all the streams/days you want to edit and submit them at once.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have the stream schedule laid out in the form of a calendar. This way people can plan for long term and have a familiar look of a calendar we see every day.

Each day is a clickable field to give more details (or mouse over). Perhaps have a stream icon be a movable object you can dynamically drag and drop, move, copy & edit on a live calendar (to cancel a stream, drag into a garbage bin icon and give the streamer the ability to automatically send a message/notification to followers with notification turned on.)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would rather have viewers who come to my page see either my info picture, the person I'm hosing, or go straight to my content. I'm not interested in showing them the Channel Trailer unless they go to view it on my About page to learn more.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would really like to be able to change the banner behind the video player. The Purple with the stream name repeating is very generic and not amazing to look at.

Also I really would like to the "Categories" renamed to something like Games / Activities. "Categories" works much better for away to search by tags (which is pretty poor to do so currently).

I like each of the individual sections below the banner but would also like the ability to hide the schedule button if you currently don't have one. Or some option to say that you don't have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we please make the Stream Title Bigger than the Streamers Name, Im coming from an event standpoint. For NORMAL Streamers that is their own channel i think it will benifit them to have their name bigger. However for Events, Tournaments this makes it harder for everyone to see, What teams are playing What stage in the tournament we are in ect...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I suggest to add a gaming call auto chess多多自走棋。It is a popular game in the world. It can attract a lot of viewers. Please contact me. Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CSGO Madness; Funny, Angry, Clever, Singing and Sound Special-Effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bonjour, bonsoir.
    ça serait cool de maitre en avant les petits streamer de twitch et d'avoir un peut plus de visibilité sur toute les catégorie.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hey all. I am new to Twitch and stream OverDox. It is a MOBA style game using all melee weapons and armor sets on Android and IOS. It has been featured by eSports and has even had a Tournament. My issue is there is no dedicated category for it yet. There seems to be a user created category, but we need something official. Thanks for your help!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fortnite is my live

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?