Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

New Channel Page

New Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Allow to customize which videos appear on the offline page between highlights, previous streams, clips, and even allows users to focus on uploads if they so choose. I found my highlight appeared right after my previous broadcast when I highlight old streams for review purposes. This would be an extremely handy feature.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently when you put your donation link to either Streamlabs or Streamelements into the "Social Links" it just shows the basic URL Icon. It would be nice for the profile page to recognize what donation service is linked, that way I could get rid of panels altogether and save panels for extension based tools. Basically I just want "Social Links" to populate more rich icons.

> Social Links should show Streamlabs / Streamelements icon.

Image for reference: https://i.imgur.com/2axRr7p.png

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible for EVERYONE to decide if they want to keep the current layout or have the new one. As a matter of fact the whole thing looks scuffed. The "home" and "about" page shouldn't be separated and look at what you've done with all the panels! It looks like garbage now when I took a look at my preview. And what were you thinking when you decided to remove the channel banners??? Much time and money will have gone to waste for many streamers out there who are now forced to make a "channel" trailer which was possible…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When I add social media links, I don't have any idea how many are allowed until I hit the limit and suddenly can't add more. It's a minor-ish UI issue, but useful.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a streamer who likes to look at who is following them, having to go to my channel settings every time now to look at my follower list is highly annoying, this button should be added back onto our pages even if it is only visable to the steamer, this is for easier access which I think you will agree is better overall than something being out of the way and annoying to get too.

The following button should be brought back as well for who the streamer follows so that way followers can look at who the streamer follows…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Twitch...I like you. Seriously. But having the channel layout thrown around like this makes me really angry.
    Here are a few points, why I don't like the new layout at all:

1) I can't find anything on my channel - if I'm looking for something I don't want to look through a horrible amount of tabs to find it. Panels do the same thing as it is at the moment. I need info about the streamer? I look into the panels.

2) A stream schedule? For what? - Variety streamers like me don't have a fixed time-game-schedule. I'm streaming what…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why would you get rid of the one thing that makes live content special just because the streamer is not online at the minute?

Lot of channels have chat interaction even when the stream is offline and this new interface makes it so newcomers won't know that there are other people in the channel chatting and such. It's also the easiest and fastest way to figure out some simple info about the channel via commands (!twitter, !socials...)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Regarding the part "home" which people see when I am offline:
    I like that people see the recent broadcasts here and my recently streamed categories, but the Categories part is too big, given that I only stream in very few categories (in numbers: two). There is a lot of dead space next to those two pictures.
    Also: Why is the information about me not on the main page? People click on my profile to find information about me, not to see who I recommend watching(isn't that what auto-hosting is for anyway?). I would really like to see more 'about me'…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Love it :) , make sure that if the viewer is NOT following the channel, he has to land on the profile with the Trailer up front & not a random host. That would result in a loss of potential follows.

Let me put Emotes In the background instead of my name :) Some emote would greatly help capture the ESSENCE of my stream.

Also Please allow us to Upload videos on Twitch to Gain more Followers. Like how about you put my channel trailer in people's recommended :) This could help SO MANY people grow.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Don't try and fix something that is NOT BROKEN! Like seriously why do all companies/people like to do this when the current system is working like a charm.

I feel as though you're being forced into this new idea where the "tabs" are going to be your first glance--if not a trailer like YouTube--as the streamer you are to other streamers or viewers even though as of the current design your panels are doing the exact same job as the tabs will be doing soon.

Personally I like my panels the way they are and to customize them the way…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I do variety and also have no "set" shedule, which makes the schedule panel a bit wonky. I think it will lead to more confusion for my audience and people who discover my page as well as other streamers who operate the same. I'd love to see an option to condense this for those of us to encourage the use of notifications and stream as we feel. That aside, the general setup is useful for people who do stream schedules (minus the requirement to list the game that is going to be played). I enjoy how clean the new page…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You know the background image behind the video carousel where our trailers are featured? It should be easily editable so we can put additional brand graphics behind the video carousel.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A lot of us worked really hard for the layout we have and the design, I think we should have the option of opting out of this feature.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Highlights misleadingly have the text "Check out this <game> stream from x days ago," which isn't appropriate, since highlights are very different from full streams. These videos need to at the very least have a prominently displayed title, and it must be very clear whether a video is a stream or a highlight.

Example: After the trailer, my first featured video is a highlight from 21 days ago of me reacting to a hype train. I don't want it misrepresented as an example of "a <game> stream" with no further information.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This new layout completely ignores that there are streams with more than one person behind them.

My fiance and I, run our channel together we don't stream at the same time in fact we stream twice a day (Him at 3PM and me at 9PM), we also have a coop stream on Saturday's. The schedule is forcing us to put one time, when our panels have everything we need customized.

The schedule tab should go away, because it doesn't accurately represent EVERY stream type on Twitch.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Due to the new layout, the old channel art I had custom made is now too wide/tall. It flows over the current expected banner sizing in both height and width. That, and the channel tone color on the right size is incredibly ugly, not matter what I choose. Why is that even there? I really want it gone.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The new Home and About tab:

• The hyperlinks on the home page should be more dynamic and we as "owners" of our channel should be able to select which hyperlinks we want to be displayed there or not. Having it locked with "Home, About, Schedule, Videos, Chat" when not everyone makes use of all those (and even if they do, it's a fact that most viewers don't give a "f" for that many info in there) it's unnecessary.

• What's the reason for "having" that Chat hyperlink there? I don't see the use for it - also it's important to notice…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why spend extra resources to load it up after clicking "offline chat" instead of having it there already, like it currently is. The offline page is so simple to navigate, there's no reason to complicate it by having to click through several times just to find the information you want.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Instead of just having an option to say a stream is cancelled, it would be nice to make the listing as invisible to our viewers. That way we can freely edit the listing without creating confusion, or hide it if that stream/activity doesn't happen on any given week.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It gives streamers the easier path for to finally show people how the streamer streams and shows who they really are.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?