Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I and many other streamers use the offline image to communicate important information about the stream, and with it being missing, small, or overridden by the other cards, I'm losing an important method of communication with viewers.

In addition, the auto-featured recent stream, while nice for some streams, is not useful or appropriate for all channels, and it would be nice to have the option to disable it.

...I guess the sum of what I want is just the option to keep my offline image as the main visual element on the channel page when it's offline. The new additions…

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Information on the "home" tab is useful, but I don't want it to be the first thing people see when they come to my channel. I'd much rather they see the panels that I paid to have designed, and the information I put there specifically to be front and center.
    I do like the information such as Recent games played, and the other channels to check out. I'd like it if there were a way to merge the two so that the information on the home tab is readily accessible, but NOT what immediately greets the viewers.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The schedule tab is extremely redundant if it's not tied to your timezone. The current extension will show the streamer's schedule in the time zone of the system viewing it. This is SO important as we all know noon CET is most definitely not noon PST. From the looks of things now, we'll just be able to set our schedules to a time, and it will then be up to the viewer to keep track of what timezones we are in. Thus the schedule will not be usable for the viewer.
    This should also include the option for the streamer…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to provide some clarity – we actually already handle the timezone translation for both streamer and viewer, so viewers should be able to see exactly when you’re going live in their timezone. We realize it’s tricky because we don’t have any messaging that explains this, so we will be working to get that added.

4. Give us the option to opt out of this and keep the current layout we have now

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I do not need a schedule tab because I don't hold normal hours. Many of my friends who are also streamers also don't hold normal hours and won't need the tab either. I'd prefer to disable it altogether to streamline my page.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My Panels at the bottom of the stream show everything I need and have been custom made and designed. Show my schedule and links to my social media. Most of the new features I dont need.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The new layout is horrible, its cluttered and messy and way too confusing.
    Can we have the old layout back, I spent ages putting everything in my panels, it was nice and neat and well organised. Why can't I turn off the trailer thing? I have no desire and no idea how to make a channel trailer. It was perfectly fine, I do not understand why you would change it, and I don't see how anyone could think the new layout is better or easier to navigate. To be honest it puts me off, if I went to an offline…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clips are an amazing feature on Twitch and I feel they're (already) somewhat underused. The new layout seems to make this worse, since clips don't even get their own header or section.

Something like a clip reel would make a great showcase for new viewers, plus something existing viewers can be proud of ("hey I clipped that!"). Perhaps it can be added on the home page? Or maybe just the option of merging several clips into one highlight video (per month, or whatever)?

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, you can actually sort of set this up the way you’re describing! Head to the Videos tab and choose “Customize Layout”. From here, you can edit the layout to display your Clips (I have my own as the very top shelf on my homepage .). Similarly, you can create a Collection of Highlights to be your top shelf. I will leave this topic open for the general feedback about and the Home display, though.

9. The panels should have an option to force a grid layout, instead of the floating randomness we have today. I designed a 3 column poster that displays correctly on the most common screen resolutions, but it breaks with this new layout.

Streamers should have the choice of floating(today), three, four or five column layouts.

The new channel layout makes it easier for everyone to find the info they're looking for about a streamer, which is great.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I very, VERY much dislike having it default to Videos. I worked really hard on my About section, and if I'm live, I don't want people exploring my videos; I want them interacting with me live. If I'm offline, the link to the Videos page is plenty.

Basically I don't want to have to go through my page and delete VODs that weren't all that great just because I can't control which ones your algorithm chooses to display.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I entered all of my social links, but I decided that I'd like to reorder them. With the current mechanism, I need to re-enter all of them, from scratch, in the order that I prefer. Well, that sucks! This obviously needs 'push up / down' buttons or drag-and-drop for the individual social link boxes.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The top panel on the "about" page and the schedule page are bland to look at. I would love to be able to choose an accent color or add my own graphics, especially if the panels will not be on the main page. It takes away a lot of the individual expression that we're allowed with the current layout.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!

13. The 'customize your channel' link should take you to an interactive version of the same layout, with clear buttons showing which part of the page you would be changing - and everything should be customizable. Moreover, most or all of the new features should be optional.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you please bring back total views on channels ? Or add a feature to get it again. Thanks !

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The new layout is cluttered and confusing, and will require viewers to click through multiple tabs and panels to find the information they need. Just leave the channel pages as they are and let us choose and design our own panels, extensions, and information that we want to show.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Title says it all, late night streamers since the schedule has it way on the right doesn't show the image. People will recognize the image before just text and respond quicker to that. Some may not even read it at all. So late night streamers have that going against them.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The "About" tab with all of the panels should be the default landing tab - The panels should be the default that all users see when they go to a channel, as this is a place where streamers use their panel design to show off their personality and the theme of their channel. It is much more useful to have this tab be the default when users first click on any channel, since this is where they will get an overview of users at a glance.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Schedule feature needs an overhaul
    Not all streamers stream on a daily basis, not even on a weekly basis.
    My schedule change from week to week even from month to month.
    It would be nice to just simply select the days from a calendar and not Mon-Sun.
    And then have it displayed as a Calendar for people to see or a countdown to the next stream. It would work for those who have a consistent schedule and for those who have a bit more random schedule. It would also allow for people to take breaks without having to delete their…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It doesn't even make sense to not be able to customize how your front page looks.
    Every streamer is different, the new layout takes away the key factor of diversity, imo.
    Panels and Offline Screen should be visible immediately, without having to click on 'offline chat' or 'about'.
    A lot of streamers paid for their twitch designs, to make it fit with their personality & stream. Taking that away from them is horrible.

Make it an option to choose which layout you want. Make it more customizable. Add panel layouts/grids that every streamer can choose from, whether they want a…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to see an integration, where I can import an iCalendar (like Google Calendar, Apple iCal, etc.) to sync with my schedule on twitch. Or the other way round an export function or a API, with which I can import my Twitch schedule to an application that supports iCal/webCal.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?