Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I love the new schedule section, and I love that it puts a VOD there when the stream is over. However, multiple times a week I and many others are routinely a guest on other channels that I would love to feature in my schedule as well. So many of my viewers are constantly asking, what time and what channel, it would be great if I could direct them to the schedule page and it will not only show them what I'm streaming and when, but where I'll be. (If they were able to smack "follow" or "notify me of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The real time viewer update along with the total time of the stream time counter are very distracting .Should be a option for the ones that want that. Intead bring back the total views the channel has the the old viewer count. About the rest of the new layout i know that any complain would fall on deaf ears .So please just do this things that i ask.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a streamer you know you can use/set panels underneath your stream, but sometimes you just want to disable one, it's not possible you find out then and you'll have to delete it. It would be handy if you can disable them to not need to make them entirely again (i'm talking about the text and links with them now btw)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I generally stream from around 11pm to 4am my time, and that stretches the schedule to the full width which causes several different issues. It prevents game icons from being shown at all, it cuts off the name of the game and other important information since it's at the edge, and it prevents past stream VODs from displaying like they're supposed to. It seems at least slightly remedied by only setting 1 game that spans the entire length (sorry, variety streamers), but it still doesn't display the game icon unless it reaches at least 4.5 hours for one of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I have my preferences set as I want them. I don't need Twitch to change them for any reason. I have emails coming from who I am subbed to and I don't need Twitch changing that just because I haven't watched someone in awhile.
    F off

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be great if the Twitch Desktop app used standard Action Center notifications on Windows 10. Currently, if you miss a notification when it occurs, there is no way to see it again. If standard notifications were used, they would be recorded in the Action Center so you can see it later.

Additionally, because the current notifications are not standard, they do not obey Quiet Hours, which can interfere with current tasks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As of currently twitch has emojis that can now be animated. Now how about allowing people to upload "apng" - "gif" files for profile icons? You would make things pop out more for streamers. Maybe have an option inside the settings to shut it off if their device can't handle it. Maybe just make the icon only move while being hovered over?

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A really simple request: currently the twitch schedule is almost completely useless as you can’t export it to your calendar app, so, effectively, the schedule you’ve gone and set up only exists in one page on your twitch channel, where people have to specifically go and browse to if they want to see if you’ve planned to stream this week. Nobody does that.

Adding an “add to calendar” button on the schedule page so that users can load a streamer’s schedule into their calendar app of choice would mean that even if go live notifications are turned off (or perhaps…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would love to be able to block streamers so they don't appear on my twitch anymore.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Perhaps I've missed this feature, but I feel like it would be helpful to include an optional explanation box for a canceled stream. While I do have my social media/discord to communicate as well, it would be great to have a centralized location to communicate that. Not everyone needs to know every reason, but if you would like to, its helpful.

Perhaps it's redundant if you have a following on socials, but if someone doesn't check and goes straight to the stream, they may wonder if there's technical issues or a delay, as opposed to a cancellation, and may not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have noticed that people's Follower numbers don't show the exact number any more, just like YouTube with the update.
    I for one prefer to see the actual amount of Followers I have and refuse to live with this, and not having to keep going to another website just to check how many my own channel has.
    Don't make this a permanent thing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. All users have recomendation panel. There are many streamers every day. I don't like and don't want to watch some of tham, but they keep showing to me.
    How i can hide(ban) them from this panel? forever and ever
    thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 多個視窗重疊下滑鼠點歪點到實況臺取消追隨,不但累積的追隨日期沒了,還要等實況主設定的追隨時間滿才能發話,好難過..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now the new schedule allows you to display up coming streams but it also shows what streams you did.

Example issue this causes:

• Normal schedule is 9am to 5pm
    • Streamer enters this in settings and it displays for the viewer on Schedule page
    • Streamer one Tuesday starts at 2pm and does a stream up to 10pm
    • The inconsistent stream the streamer did between 2pm and 10pm on Tuesday shows up on the schedule

The result is the viewer doesn't know the difference between a day scheduled manually by the streamer and a day added automatically by the system. So…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Streamers should be able to disable founder badges on their own channel so that the subscriber loyalty badges show instead, rather than the viewer having to disable it site wide.
    This would be useful for small channels who only have a few subscribers, but have paid for or designed their own subscriber badges, and for any channels that just prefer everyone to have loyalty badges.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It's not very obvious to a lot of people that clicking the streamer's profile picture or name will toggle between the profile page ("home") and the stream player with chat.

I don't know how one would accomplish this in the current design, since it feels like this toggling functionality, while 100% necessary and important, was hacked in at the last minute. Nonetheless, people need an obvious and intuitive way to see that they can switch between seeing our channel home and info, and seeing the large player and chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The new channel page layout (released around 12 May 2020) doesn't respect auto-play settings from browsers. I've tested it with Firefox and Google Chrome across macOS, Linux, and Windows, and nothing sticks.

Specifically, the page that shows VODs with the stream playing behind the content just continues to play with video and audio, despite my browser settings being set to block auto-playing video and audio. If I go directly to the "live" page with the chat box, the video doesn't start playing automatically.

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/cvtPFB0c

Having a moving background behind what I'm trying to look at causes immediate motion sickness…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. What it says on the tin. Just to give sentences a little bit of breathing room.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I do own a macbook pro and the schedule is unreadable on it, I can only see 3 rows and a quarter at the same time.
    Having a third of the screen blocked for the general info is really annoying and breaks the layout. It also gives a weird impression when you scroll, because the way it works is weird.

Not everyone on Twitch has a 1920*1080p resolution :)

See for example: https://i.imgur.com/LF4x9m9.png
    Scrolling behavior: https://i.imgur.com/TEVf6zx.mp4

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I had no notification for a subscriber and it's the second time it happens in 3 month for 2 different people. I can see that my subs number has increased but no notification and no alert. It's not a big big problem for streaming but it can be frustrating for someone to not have any alert when he supports the channel. And beyond alerts I can't even say thanks to that person if he doesn't tell me in the chat that he subscribed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?