Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It seems Twitch is rolling out a method where Notifications are disabled automatically for streams you may not view often. This could easily be missed by a viewer who wants to enjoy that stream but maybe timezones are an issue, or just real life gets in the way.

People can already manually turn off notifications if they choose, automating this seems to be something that will only hurt producers.

Some people may not receive an email at all, and find they have had their notifications forced off. This is a bad bad direction to go in.

Please only allow manual…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello, I follow a lot of people on Twitch, a lot of people have not started streaming yet, will probably do it soon or will not stream at all.

I find it impossible that the channel follow limit is 2000 follow.

Please increase the number to at least 10000 channel follows, so that I can follow more than 2000 channels & users.

Even on Youtube there is no channel following limit!

Please increase this, I have to delete users from my channel list all the time, which annoys me a lot.

I also find it very dubious for a streaming…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. So the rough idea is that if an image is provided for a panel, and title text rather than displaying both the title text should automatically become used as the alt and title text for the image.

This would assist in allowing people to more easily navigate, regardless of how they're accessing the site, and provide a more cohesive graceful over view on panels.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Streamer should be able to toggle the default "going live notifications" (push/web/email/etc) so they can test stream briefly. Perhaps an option to send that notification manually once they are sure everything is working.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A while back the main graph on Channel Analytics changed to show statistics based on the day instead of the stream. This means that if you stream past midnight, you get two bars, one for the statistics before midnight, the other for the statistics after midnight.

Statistics on Twitch are almost only relevant per stream, not day, and this change has made it a much less helpful representation.

Please change this back!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I still want to see when my friends’ channels go live but I don’t want notifications for reruns. I’d like a separate option to disable that.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be amazing if you could see how many hours you've watched Twitch for, or better, how many hours you've watched a specific twitch channel for!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Schedule feature needs an overhaul
    Not all streamers stream on a daily basis, not even on a weekly basis.
    My schedule change from week to week even from month to month.
    It would be nice to just simply select the days from a calendar and not Mon-Sun.
    And then have it displayed as a Calendar for people to see or a countdown to the next stream. It would work for those who have a consistent schedule and for those who have a bit more random schedule. It would also allow for people to take breaks without having to delete their…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The way it would work:
    There would be a button with the Clip/Options/Theater Etc. settings that would look like this http://i.imgur.com/zA5KDxa.png (quick 5am mockup). When you click the button, it will timestamp the VOD and take you to that moment when the VOD has been uploaded.
    Maybe there's a separate page on your profile where you can manage your "Watch Later" links; with a VOD link OR maybe you get a twitch message from a bot with a link to it?
    I'm not 100% sure if this has been submitted before or if there's a way to do this as…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can you please bring back total views on channels ? Or add a feature to get it again. Thanks !

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  TItle Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. On the Following page allow us to make sub groups to put certain streamers in. Example:

Follow a lot of Team 2G streamers? Make a sub group for them so they aren't mixed in with your other followers.

Follow a lot of streamers from different games? Make a CS:GO, League of Legends, and DOTA 2 sub group so they are organized better.

I think this would be a good way to make things more organized and couldn't take too much effort to set up.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The new profile banner image scaling, apparently introduced this week, attempts to cram the entire image into the space for it on the page. This may work for some images, but for most others (even those sized using Twitch guidelines) it just looks weird. Please either go back to the older image scaling, which attempts to fit images by height only, or make the new scheme an option.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. With the schedule feature allowing streamers to set their upcoming schedule, it would be great if that schedule could be used to show an agenda or calendar view of upcoming streams for channels a person follows. A tab could be added to the current "Following" page for "Upcoming" streams that would show the when the next scheduled streams are.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. for when you just want to hide a panel, but not delete it and end up losing whatever you had typed.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why would you get rid of the one thing that makes live content special just because the streamer is not online at the minute?

Lot of channels have chat interaction even when the stream is offline and this new interface makes it so newcomers won't know that there are other people in the channel chatting and such. It's also the easiest and fastest way to figure out some simple info about the channel via commands (!twitter, !socials...)

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hello,
    I wanted to share my feedback about the new UI design. I'm sorry to say that but I really don't like the fact that the menu at the top with the Videos, Clips and Followers tabs disappeared. We used to access Videos and Clips in one click, it was easy and fast. Now we have to make 4 clicks, at least for me. I have to open the same stream on a new tab, stop the stream, click on the streamer's name and then click on Videos. And the Clips aren't even here anymore...

This is very annoying and…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to have an option that whenever you are live, and you change the category of what you are currently streaming, that new "go live" notifications (push, email, etc.) are sent out to followers. Even if it takes several minutes for these notifications to go out, it would be beneficial. There are times when a certain game (or category) is being streamed that followers might not have an interest in watching, but should you change to a game (or category) that they might be interested in watching while you are already live, having new notifications being sent out…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The current panels that show below the stream player is just awful in it's current state, it's so bad, it doesn't even align up where you think it's going to align up after you switch off Edit Panels Mode. I want to see a better panels view where it'll show exactly where and how panels display on the page, because dragging things around just doesn't move panel to where I specifically want them to be and ends up arranging them in awkward places where it doesn't properly align where they should be placed.

Here's what you should do to make…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Title says it all, late night streamers since the schedule has it way on the right doesn't show the image. People will recognize the image before just text and respond quicker to that. Some may not even read it at all. So late night streamers have that going against them.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Whether it's music being streamed alongside a streamer's activities, or the depth of in-game volume you can hear over their mic. (I have no means of achieving the latter.) In regard to the former, let me give a shot at acting as if I know a little about programming...Would it be possible to allow the viewer to "modify" the volume slider located in the streamer's AutoDJ preferences @ nightbot.tv; through the means of a command in the viewer chat; i.e. !nightbot audio2 (value 0 - 100) ... a slider amongst the Twitch UI (above the current audio slider) would be…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?