Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Most advertisements you get in emails at least give you the option to unsubscribe. I know what games and I'm not interested in free loot or whatever. The world has too much click bait already.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It seems Twitch is rolling out a method where Notifications are disabled automatically for streams you may not view often. This could easily be missed by a viewer who wants to enjoy that stream but maybe timezones are an issue, or just real life gets in the way.

People can already manually turn off notifications if they choose, automating this seems to be something that will only hurt producers.

Some people may not receive an email at all, and find they have had their notifications forced off. This is a bad bad direction to go in.

Please only allow manual…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I still want to see when my friends’ channels go live but I don’t want notifications for reruns. I’d like a separate option to disable that.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Streamer should be able to toggle the default "going live notifications" (push/web/email/etc) so they can test stream briefly. Perhaps an option to send that notification manually once they are sure everything is working.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to have an option that whenever you are live, and you change the category of what you are currently streaming, that new "go live" notifications (push, email, etc.) are sent out to followers. Even if it takes several minutes for these notifications to go out, it would be beneficial. There are times when a certain game (or category) is being streamed that followers might not have an interest in watching, but should you change to a game (or category) that they might be interested in watching while you are already live, having new notifications being sent out…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. https://twitter.com/thundergod97/status/1038248476948213760 my twitter thread about this.

1. Option to always send an email (obviously not everyone wants this so it should be an OPTION. I use email notifications as a history of when people have gone live. I also get push notifications of emails from that email address on my phone, so I can tell when people have gone live.

2. Base it actually on ACTIVITY. If I have browser windows at home open to twitch that does not mean I am ACTIVE on twitch. You should be able to tell when I'm active because I'm chatting or I'm clicking around the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I can't stand watching certain games. This is something most everyone can agree with. We all have our specific tastes and they're always changing.

More notification customization for mobile, email, etc, would be a fantastic expansion to the current customization options. If you don't like to watch a certain game, then you should have the option to disable getting a notification for that game or even a specific tag that game falls under.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In notifications it would be nice if you could click a users name who gifted you a sub to whisper them a thank you if you are not in chat at the time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would it be possible to add another toggle to allow for streamers to turn of the host notification filters in the activity feed? I host a lot of friends and they host me and I would like to be able to know when everybody hosts me as I am a small streamer and like to thank the individuals that do but I recently found out that the activity feed auto filters out channels with low view counts. As I think it is a good feature to allow that filtering, I don't think it should be a permanent thing for all…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have my preferences set as I want them. I don't need Twitch to change them for any reason. I have emails coming from who I am subbed to and I don't need Twitch changing that just because I haven't watched someone in awhile.
    F off

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if the Twitch Desktop app used standard Action Center notifications on Windows 10. Currently, if you miss a notification when it occurs, there is no way to see it again. If standard notifications were used, they would be recorded in the Action Center so you can see it later.

Additionally, because the current notifications are not standard, they do not obey Quiet Hours, which can interfere with current tasks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I had no notification for a subscriber and it's the second time it happens in 3 month for 2 different people. I can see that my subs number has increased but no notification and no alert. It's not a big big problem for streaming but it can be frustrating for someone to not have any alert when he supports the channel. And beyond alerts I can't even say thanks to that person if he doesn't tell me in the chat that he subscribed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Twitch will automatically disable notifications from a channel because I haven't watched them in a while. I would like to prevent Twitch from doing this, because it means I have to go into my settings and re-enable those notifications. I would like to not spend time re-enabling settings I didn't want disabled in the first place.

Here is the message I receive when Twitch takes this action:

You receive an email or mobile notification from Twitch whenever [streamer] goes live, but we noticed you haven’t viewed that stream in a while. To make sure you only get notifications relevant to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications are great, but not when you're at work. It would be great to have the option to set time frames to either receive notifications or to not receive notifications.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Streamer schedules vary widely, and sometimes channels we enjoy watching tell us they're going live at inopportune times. We could be in an important meeting, or we could be trying to sleep. Sometimes, we're just not in the mood to receive notifications from Twitch on our phones. I'd like to see some further customization in channel notifications, so we can, both per channel and at-large, tell Twitch which days of the week, or which times of day to avoid sending us notifications, so we can maintain those periods when we need to focus on something else without sacrificing our ability…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Why are we updating your streamer preferences?

We want to make Twitch notifications as effective and efficient as we can for you to see the activity you care most about."

Okay, but I don't want you to do that. Let ME decide what's best for ME. Why would I want you to automatically adjust my settings? This is terrible. At the very least, users should be able to opt out. I can't fathom why this was ever even implemented. Removing or resetting options without a prompt is ALWAYS anti-user, and it's frustrating to keep changing them back. Maybe I want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Viewers should be given a toggle button or a different notification setting that notifies them when a specific streamer switched stream categories. This advanced notification button should be specific to each channel, and should also have different options regarding how long they want to receive the notifications for.

Example of some of the options that should be offered:
    -Notify me the next time this streamer switches stream categories
    -Notify me every time this streamer switches stream categories
    -Notify me when this streamer switches to (insert specific category here)

If viewers had the option to do this, it would greatly improve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. streams that happen later that day or night. obviously it would depend on streamers making the notifications but i think they would since it would probably help with the lull of not many users watching when they first go live. also would be cool for the people watching, since they'd be more likely to catch their favorite streamers when they're on, since they can see that they will be and plan their day or whatever accordingly, instead of having to hope that when the streamer goes live, they happen to be able to watch the stream right then.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. notifications haven’t been sending out for about 2 months now and it’s affecting my channel, please fix this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't push notifications of a streamer I'm already watching to me. If I've been watching them for 2 hours, then I already know they are live. I don't need another notification later. Especially when they are about to end the stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?