Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Some viewers may notice up to three new buttons below the video player of live channels: Rewind the Stream, Remind Me, and Watch Trailer.

We're rolling out this update for testing purposes, to help inform future features. This experiment is expected to last one month.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Looking for Feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Video Section  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clips are an amazing feature on Twitch and I feel they're (already) somewhat underused. The new layout seems to make this worse, since clips don't even get their own header or section.

Something like a clip reel would make a great showcase for new viewers, plus something existing viewers can be proud of ("hey I clipped that!"). Perhaps it can be added on the home page? Or maybe just the option of merging several clips into one highlight video (per month, or whatever)?

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Video Section  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, you can actually sort of set this up the way you’re describing! Head to the Videos tab and choose “Customize Layout”. From here, you can edit the layout to display your Clips (I have my own as the very top shelf on my homepage .). Similarly, you can create a Collection of Highlights to be your top shelf. I will leave this topic open for the general feedback about and the Home display, though.

3. I often use the 'videos' page as a placeholder to remind me "I can't watch this stream right now but I need to check out the VOD of this later." Except now the Videos page (which is annoying AF to get to without manually typing it in), it plays the stream! If I wanted to watch the stream, I would WATCH THE STREAM. If I want to look at videos, let me look at videos WITHOUT WATCHING THE STREAM (maybe a second copy of the stream, which interferes with my viewing, if I opened it in a new window). Worse,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Section  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Highlights misleadingly have the text "Check out this <game> stream from x days ago," which isn't appropriate, since highlights are very different from full streams. These videos need to at the very least have a prominently displayed title, and it must be very clear whether a video is a stream or a highlight.

Example: After the trailer, my first featured video is a highlight from 21 days ago of me reacting to a hype train. I don't want it misrepresented as an example of "a <game> stream" with no further information.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Section  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently, users can only see the last 4 updated 'collection' videos. This was not the case many months ago.

Being able to scroll further down and see all the collections a broadcaster has produced (like myself) in the form of a playlist is a awesome.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Section  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. the collections feature it's an amazing idea but lacking interest, we need pin it on the front line like (Schedule, Video, Clips )

or at least let us remove the (Recent highlights and uploads, All videos) sections without unpublish them so the highlight shows only in the collections

it will be easier to the viewer like this (recent podcast, clips, collection 1, collection 2, collection 3 )

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. i dont like going into "videos" to get to clips. would like the return of the clips shortcut. i liked before being able to close the player rather than having it in the upper background.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. searching for clips remains difficult, the scroll function is also not fun if you have a lot of clips

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I watch a video, I want it to have one past posts category (watching history)
    to continue from the video of my stay on the desktop site. I request this to be added to the upper left corner as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The Video that pops up when you open up a twitch page i find really annoying please make it optional as when they are streaming and i wanna watch a vod i cant even mute it. also because of vod muting can end up browsing though vods to try and find a video to be annoyingly interrupted by 2 audio tracks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Putting more options in the video/clips searches. So in addition to "Most viewed" maybe add a "Newest - Oldest" and vice versa sort function in videos. It would make it easier to go back and look for a clip/highlight/etc. Especially for mods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd like to be able to customize, what and in what order appears at the top of my channel page. I'm talking about last broadcast ("check out this stream from x ago"), autohosted channel ("while X is offline, check out"), and recent highlight ("X made a highlight of a recent stream"), which you can cycle through.

In my case, the thing that pops up as the first item is my last broadcast, but I'd actually prefer promoting the latest highlight as the first thing people see when they go to my channel.

Also, I feel like there is a way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?