Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

88 results found

1. Should be able to link Twitter or Instagram so I can easily share I’m watching a stream to insta stories or Twitter feed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to have twitch only have a dark mode. I hate having to think of how people would see my emotes, Badges and twitch panels with light mode. I think it would be much better if twitch did not have light mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. as of this posting, using theater mode when in a vertical split-screen just wastes screen space. my suggestion is to place chat below the stream instead of keeping it on the right side of the screen. think vertical alignment on mobile but on desktop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use bypass links to allow users to perform behaviours like:

• Skip to Chat
    • Skip to Content
    • Skip to Followed Channels

This isn't particularly well broken out, but the order of the page follows something like a JIRA in that there's a lot to go through.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Im watching a new streamer and he is really good. Id like to RECOMMEND/SHARE his channel to my followers.

it would increase connectivity by 1000 fold if we had a button that would "Share channel with your follwers" then alll your followers would get a notification. and even if 5% responded that adds up to millions in no time. I can do the coding for you for free. #RobXbalboa

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you're browsing for a channel, there is a 'live' text in the upper-left hand corner. What if you could customize it.
    Green box with blue fonts? Red box with yellow text?
    The possibilities are endless. If you want to query more about this feature, then don't be afraid to contact me

Admin audit: personal email removed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If the tabs are customizable (enable / disable) a tab for stream perks would be nice, showing of emotes, sub badges, cheer emotes etc. Kinda how the site https://twitchemotes.com does today. With customization boxes where we could ad other perks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you go to offline chat and the autohost is playing, the player should still be in 16/9 format without the black bars.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One handy feature that would help new streamers would be an "add to auto-host list" button. This would allow users to add other channels to their lists without having to copy and paste their name or search them. This way, new streamers looking to build up their list can search for channels that stream similar content and add them without having to navigate back to the setting panel every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like the ability to link statically to a user profile (e.g. "twitch.tv/u?id=14712815"), so that the link works regardless of the user's name changing.

Comes very much in handy when you need to link to a users page somewhere that is not easily changed later on; for example a news article, or a blog post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It's nice that we have the ability to change our usernames without having to create a brand new account. However, it'd be a nice little feature to see what peoples' previous names were.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I feel like being able to request streams from streamers you follow or subscribe to would be good. You have a streamer you'd want to watch who might be free and it allows them to know they have people wanting to watch. It'll help mainly small streamers to boost viewers. It could be able to be turned off or on or even have the notification itself for streamers to be turned off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be amazing if you could see how many hours you've watched Twitch for, or better, how many hours you've watched a specific twitch channel for!

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The playing with section will be an icon next to the team, communities, and game section underneath the stream that allows other streamers (perhaps a limit of 4?) to be tagged, and when you click on their name it takes you to their channel. This makes it easier for people to identify who streamers are playing with, and so they don't have to ask in chat. It also helps streamers with networking.

There can be an option in the streamer dashboard with a box to type in the streamers name.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We should be able to go to each other's channels and see the clips that that user has made. Or be able to search the user name in a clip menu, which will reveal all the clips made by that user.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have .gif offline screens would be sort of neat, idk. Other thoughts or ideas? Another thread on here suggested having music to be played on the offline screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I propose that we be given some way to label channels with symbols, text, colours, Twitch emoticons, or whatever else that will be visible when looking at a stream's thumbnail (from the directory, our list of followed streamers, a Community, wherever). This will allow us to easily categorise streams as, say, Kappa (good for goofing off) or ResidentSleeper (chill stream). This would also be useful in lieu of a blacklist so people can know where /not/ to go (maybe a place is too offensive for someone or not offensive enough for another and they just don't want to waste their…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Either an animated GIF, PNG or MP4 that can loop on repeat, or on play button, while channel is offline

An old feature that may or may not exist in a similar capacity is rebroadcasting on repeat from the existing video library (not 100% sure if that still exists)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I scoured the web for a service or bot that can award points if a current follower refers a new follower to my channel. I see these for twitter and other social sites but nothing that can tie in with Twitch. I think this would be a neat way to reward word-of-mouth for current followers of my stream.
    It seems possible, like if each follower gets their own unique link they can use to share the stream. Then anyone who clicks that referral link and actually follows the channel gets added to the referring users credit/reward points. Even cooler if…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?