Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In you have the a streamers page open.

And the streamer goes live

The stream does not autostart

This is related to https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/235

Possible related notes exist on BlueLava's desk

422 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let users favorite the channels so they can easily find the ones they enjoy the most watching in the beginning of the following list / bar.

Or let them put the following channels into categories and apply sorts/filters to them.

I watched twitch for over 5 years and in this time I have followed over 3k channels. I have a really hard time to find the channels that don't have crazy numbers in the following list or in the following bar.

Also, an easy way to mass manage the notifications of both the channels online and offline that you follow,…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello,
    I wanted to share my feedback about the new UI design. I'm sorry to say that but I really don't like the fact that the menu at the top with the Videos, Clips and Followers tabs disappeared. We used to access Videos and Clips in one click, it was easy and fast. Now we have to make 4 clicks, at least for me. I have to open the same stream on a new tab, stop the stream, click on the streamer's name and then click on Videos. And the Clips aren't even here anymore...

This is very annoying and…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be amazing if you could see how many hours you've watched Twitch for, or better, how many hours you've watched a specific twitch channel for!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I often use the 'videos' page as a placeholder to remind me "I can't watch this stream right now but I need to check out the VOD of this later." Except now the Videos page (which is annoying AF to get to without manually typing it in), it plays the stream! If I wanted to watch the stream, I would WATCH THE STREAM. If I want to look at videos, let me look at videos WITHOUT WATCHING THE STREAM (maybe a second copy of the stream, which interferes with my viewing, if I opened it in a new window). Worse,…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I cannot stress enough how important offline chat is to creating a tight-knit community and maintaining a connection to one another even while the stream is offline. I know many streamers use Discord as a social media platform to communicate with one another while stream is offline, but sometimes people are looking for interaction on the channel itself. In addition, posting links and other references might be easier with Twitch chat because I would say the majority of people I talk to are using a web browser as opposed to an application to use Twitch Chat while people are using…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Del mismo modo que se puede reportar un canal, sugiero poner una opción para apoyarlo si se considera injusto un veto. Recientemente he visto en directo cómo un emisor de un canal que había vetado de forma oportuna y necesaria a los típicos malechores que por envidia o porque no saben divertirse de otro modo hacían su chat del todo desagradable, tuvo que sufrir el reporte de dichos maleantes y fue injustamente vetado su canal. Propongo que se deje un lugar en Twitch para apoyar a dicho canal facilitando al creador un enlace para que pueda recibir el apoyo de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As a viewer who only sparingly watches any stream other than the small handful I like and would actively not like to see a bunch of streams I don't have any interest in, every single aspect of this UI update is terrible, inconvenient, ugly, obtuse, and otherwise was a bad move. When I go to a channel I do want to watch that's offline, I'm assaulted by whatever person that streamer is hosting and have no option to either stop the hosted channel from appearing or to remove the elements I don't like from the offline page. The offline page…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The real time viewer update along with the total time of the stream time counter are very distracting .Should be a option for the ones that want that. Intead bring back the total views the channel has the the old viewer count. About the rest of the new layout i know that any complain would fall on deaf ears .So please just do this things that i ask.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 99.9999% of streamers are loud and obnoxious, please add an option to not have some random stream open when i first visit this site's front page. I hate managing which sites i mute through the browser.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The new channel page layout (released around 12 May 2020) doesn't respect auto-play settings from browsers. I've tested it with Firefox and Google Chrome across macOS, Linux, and Windows, and nothing sticks.

Specifically, the page that shows VODs with the stream playing behind the content just continues to play with video and audio, despite my browser settings being set to block auto-playing video and audio. If I go directly to the "live" page with the chat box, the video doesn't start playing automatically.

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/cvtPFB0c

Having a moving background behind what I'm trying to look at causes immediate motion sickness…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I do own a macbook pro and the schedule is unreadable on it, I can only see 3 rows and a quarter at the same time.
    Having a third of the screen blocked for the general info is really annoying and breaks the layout. It also gives a weird impression when you scroll, because the way it works is weird.

Not everyone on Twitch has a 1920*1080p resolution :)

See for example: https://i.imgur.com/LF4x9m9.png
    Scrolling behavior: https://i.imgur.com/TEVf6zx.mp4

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Korean professional baseball practice game is currently in progress. The regular season starts in April, which is not long before. Last year, Twitch has a broadcast right, so it was a very comfortable and enjoyable viewing experience with a streamer watching kbo pro baseball. However, in 2021, there is no right to broadcast, causing inconvenience. Among Twitch streamers, there is a strong fan base in sports, and sports such as baseball and soccer are more fun to watch than watching alone, and I think that it is good content because there are points to learn about the parts you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The clock that ticks away below the stream video when online can stress some people out. An option to turn that off would be appreciated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This also goes for "I'm a streamer"

I would honestly prefer a revert option, but if that doesn't work, at least allow an option to choose between the new style and old style.

I don't get why anyone who would have to watch my streams would have to click my profile picture and then find the tab to watch a clip, I don't get why the "About me" information box takes up so much space. Most streamers already have a custom "About" section. The schedule tab also seems really redundant.

This honestly might be the worst update I've ever seen…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i dont like going into "videos" to get to clips. would like the return of the clips shortcut. i liked before being able to close the player rather than having it in the upper background.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I don't like not being able to see the title of the channel i am on because they are hosting somebody else.

Many streamers i know use their Title as a way to update viewers on what's happening especially while offline. Ex. Title may be "No stream today, will be live at usual time tomorrow" helps your viewers stay up to date, less confusion etc. However with the current setup the hosting message where the title usually is completely replaces that and is only possible to see when not hosting anybody.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. So, in the video page I like to collapse the list of my "Followed Channels" but many channels don't show by default. So, often I have to expand it and click "Show More", then collapse it again.

Instead of having to do all that I'd like to simply click the heart icon on the top of the channel list to collapse it and expand it. The heart doesn't do anything anyways other than being a separator.

And the same can be done with the "Recommended Channels" and the "Online Friends" icons too of course.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to follow without the loud announcement that is to follow. Some of us introverts like to show our support without being acknowledged. As we lurk in the background silently enjoying the content we are provided, so should our follows be given the choice to go silently in to the night

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. So I am just wondering how a Stream like "https://www.twitch.tv/chu_asmr" which steals content from two different Streamer/Youtuber can still be online at this point? After Reporting the Account multiple times for theft of intelectual property I am wondering what Twitch is going to do about it. Since this Channel even got a subscribe button and is existing for a long time now. Still stealing content from either "Chu Asmr" or mostly from "Luna77 Asmr". This fake channel gets a lot of attention and financial support from clueless viewers and I demand an immediate ban of this Channel. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?