Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I spend so much time making sure that all of my VOD's and highlights have a description that is informative and useful, and I've just noticed it's been removed. Please bring the description back. It's the only way I can reference info I need to convey for that VOD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The about section has a limit of 300 chars, which it doesn't stop you from breaking; it just truncates what you entered. This can lead to lost edits, which antagonizes creators who want to use the site's features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The way the schedule panel is set up right now, with a full 24h time slot, if your stream begins at 10PM everyday the panels will look split between days and they won't show the full information in them, making them useless and confusing.

It would be very nice if the streamer can choose either to only show a 12h layout or a specific time slot (e.g. from 6PM to 6AM) to accomodate to these cases.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In all seriousness, I don’t think this is a very helpful update. I was trying to figure it out this morning, and it was very frustrating.

I liked how simple and easy it was before, it was very user friendly. I don’t know if it’s just not possible to upload a trailer now because it’s in testing, but I’ve been trying to get it to work for the past 10 minutes and it’s starting to anger me greatly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For whatever reason, I needed to specifically UPLOAD a video to use as a channel trailer. I couldn't use any of my existing highlights, clips, or collections. If the VOD meets the criteria (less than 60s, etc), why can't we use it as a channel trailer?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would recommend to make it more visible when the channel is hosting another. Especially for new people on twitch its often very confusing.

Solution idea: for example, I would show the offline screen with a transparent screen over it (so you can still see the offline screen through it) in the center of it saying "This streamer is currently hosting XYZ" with a button to show the hosted channel on the page you are on right now, like "show" - or "hide" if you want to check out the offline screen - because quite a few of us have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Making everything about the channel layout more accessible to mobile users would be a huge advantage, as currently the experience for mobile users is heavily compromised (inability for mobile users to interact with Twitch Polls is the exact reason I don't use them, for example).
    If the changes to this can be made in a way that makes it easier to communicate things like schedule and 'about the streamer' to a mobile user, I can get behind that, but otherwise I find there is very little redeeming about this new layout.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I stream ocassionally but I watch more often. I think making a renovation of channels when they're offline is a good idea, however there are many channels that have Offline communities that hang around the chat so it's useful to have the chat be available still as soon as you enter the streamer's channel instead of having to click a tab, it seems to me it seeks to resemble the mobile experience but I don't understand why? I like more customization options and making the channel look more professional but for the introduction video, wouldn't it be better to have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to title trailers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would love to link other streamers in my stream title to e.g. make it easier to show the viewer whom I'm playing with or link a channel where I will be present in the future.

It could be an autogenerated link when I type @username in the title somewhere.
    I think it would be an easy way to show support to other streamers I'm collabing with and would make the title more meaningful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How about you give us the actual viewer count... When I have 3 people talking in my chat and I'm only being credited for 2 views while I'm trying to reach affiliate status it tells me something is wrong.... I have screenshots from a friend who was watching the stream at the time...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To encourage people to start streaming, and as this new idea might be first daunting for them. I really think it would be a good idea and would encourage more people to stream, if you could add a button in settings for you to be able to private stream to whoever you wanted to. This in turn would make new users more comfortable. Obviously for this I'm sure you would need a subsection within this button to add the usernames that you wanted to privately stream to. It's just that I have had many people ask me about this as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I suggest to add a gaming call auto chess多多自走棋。It is a popular game in the world. It can attract a lot of viewers. Please contact me. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CSGO Madness; Funny, Angry, Clever, Singing and Sound Special-Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. bonjour, bonsoir.
    ça serait cool de maitre en avant les petits streamer de twitch et d'avoir un peut plus de visibilité sur toute les catégorie.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hey all. I am new to Twitch and stream OverDox. It is a MOBA style game using all melee weapons and armor sets on Android and IOS. It has been featured by eSports and has even had a Tournament. My issue is there is no dedicated category for it yet. There seems to be a user created category, but we need something official. Thanks for your help!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How to redeem an account that is registered to another person, but the account is already abandoned and support is silent?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When "Subscriber-only archives" is enabled, it also makes all highlights of archived VODs visible to only subscribers. I believe that the point of highlights is to bring in new viewers -- they are an easy way for people who have just discovered the channel to quickly see what the channel is about. Therefore they shouldn't by default also be Subscriber-only. We should either have a separate preference for making Highlights/Clips/Trailers Subscriber-only, or have them just default to always being public. This makes it easier to get new viewers while still keeping the value of our Subscription high, because only subs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There now seems to be no point to hosting another channel when I am not streaming, as there is no indication on my channel page that I am doing so without jumping through hoops.

The useless video carousel defaults to the channel trailer video. If I remove the channel trailer, it defaults to the video of my last stream. The equally useless “customize your channel” button gives no options to choose what content will be shown by default in the carousel. A viewer landing on my page will have no way to know I am hosting someone else’s channel unless…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?