Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

99 results found

1. I think it's no secret that the sitewide UI changes introduced in September of 2019 (And subsequent UI changes) have had an overall negative impact on the user accessibility, level of visual appeal given off, as well as the user & community culture of the Twitch website. In fact some users would argue the changes made to the UI prior to the 2019 change were more adverse of a change.

I don't even feel as though I need to explain this loss of user accessibility... Anybody who has been at all regularly using Twitch from before the UI update of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The current chat font on the iOS app is very small for the legally blind. Please add dynamic text support or the ability to increase the chat font size.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The redesign has changed the default font to Roobert which has made it harder for me to read the text on the website.

Helvetica is considered to be one of the most easily read fonts on a display. Please change the default font back to Helvetica

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a visual disability, and it is ******* my eyes to associate a channel logo to the streamers name.

Prior to the visual update, the channels found on the left side, when collapsed, only shows the logo, but when you mouseover, it expands the channel view and shows all of the streamers name.

How it is now, I either have to expand the channel view, or mouse over each individual streamer to see who it is. Please revert it back to 'expand on mouseover' in collapse mode, rather than 'show info of a single streamer mouse over' in collapse…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The idea is basically a built-in audio compressor for streams that is toggled on and off. Setting the feature on would limit how loud the stream sound can get in ways that manually changing the volume button couldn't. Some streamers—especially smaller/newer ones—won't have an audio compressor, leading to stream sound blaring at max volume if there is a technical difficulty, too loud in-game mics, or other situations.
    Here's a plausible example, you are watching a streamer's stream at 50% volume, and they are about to play a new game for the first time. The ingame volume settings are set to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I understand you want to make the platform more accessible for the visually impaired and that's great. I believe the decision to remove accessibility options is moving in the wrong direction. First of all you should add more terms and tags that are inclusive to the visually impaired instead. Secondly the word "Blind" does not ONLY apply to peoples with disabilities. It is basically the only word in the English language that correctly and accurately describes what is going on with the playthrough. The word Blind means - lacking awareness, judgment, or perception. It makes little sense to say you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you added the ability to have emotes appear in the text box, instead of the text that makes the emote appear, it broke the "Press Enter after message" option in stream deck buttons that type text wherever the cursor is.

As a (physically disabled) mod who often needs to quickly type the same few commands for bots in another channel's chat, I use several of these stream deck buttons. This change has reduced the speed I can sent these commands by a lot. So, please restore the ability for stream deck buttons to send messages after typing them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sometimes a streamer announces a specific time when they will go online and do something special (an event, an announcement, etc.). It would be cool if I could get a small sound alert when that streamer goes online so I can in the meantime play some game or do other stuff while waiting and don't have to watch the clock all the time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Providing plain text emails is an important aspect of user accessibility. They're easier to look at and less error-prone to assistive technologies.
    It also plays a role in respecting user privacy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is something that has crossed my mind when I watch streamers past VODs: Is there really no option for CC to be added? How to go about it, I think would be the real challenge. I believe the best way would be to allow the option for the streamers themselves to add CC to their VODs and/or allow mods/a person they trust, to do it for them if they so wish. Another way that it could be done would be to allow streamers to flag videos they desire CC on and have a dedicated Twitch CC Provider then watch…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have closed captions enabled by default on the twitch website. The captions display on videos when I'm watching from the mobile app (iOS), but it is currently not possible to access the settings or toggle captions on/off.

This is a problem because I don't need captions on for every video, and they often cover important parts of the video on smaller screen sizes.

Ideally, I would love to be able to change text size, color, opacity, and placement on the screen in mobile view like I can on desktop. It would be even better if I could choose to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As the title says, please let people make new lines (and even a free space line) in text messages.

For me as disabled streamer with problems recognizing the small letters bc of my eyes and problems with understanding too, it's horrible to get a 500 signs message with no free line in a big block.

It's so hard to see/understand what people write. On bad days it's even impossible. That is useless stress and embarrassment for me, plus viewers aren't happy if their message is not/wrong understand too.

New Lines and free spaces could make this so much better -…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Whenever I am watching a stream and they start a raffle or other interactive event, I normally feel very left out as my muscle-weakening disability makes it impossible for me to type the command fast enough. It would be great if any !command in the chat (or anywhere else on the page) could be a clickable link that pastes the entire command in my chat box, so I just have to press Send. This would help me feel included, and would likely help slow typers or viewers who live with dyslexia avoid having to correctly type every command. Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think it can be hard to hear and understand everything and can see in chat, many users have this problem too.
    So let the single users chose subtitles or not subtitles, just like they also have at YouTube.
    Steamers do not know this problem real and why no one chose subtitles.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice to have the option to have a light themed chat while in theatre mode for those of us who use light theme as default. Right now it switches to dark theme whenever theatre mode is enabled while watching a stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OBS plugin that a live captioner could use - currently it doesn't seem there is any captioner-compatible software to use with OBS/Atem - this would mean higher accuracy captions for live broadcasts as currently accuracy isn't so great and also cuts out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Blind users of the sight use a number of programs to help them however going and clicking buttons can be awkward with those programs a chat command that they could run to follow someone would be great, even better if they could do it from a different channel and follow with a @ when someone is shoutouted out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to see an option to impliment a means of switching on or off a NSFW filter, which will blur any streams with a SexualTheme tag attached, I am a frequent user of the Art category and with the new update has brought a slew of "artists" out who seemingly have only come to create hentai and I have no interest in any of that, I want to see traditional art, So I feel that if Twitch are allowing the content there should be tools for viewers who do not want to see that content also, There's NSFW…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi everyone
    I suggest create API request to get active twitch drops, like:
    {Company, Name, StartDate, EndDate}
    or something else
    Based on this, developers of client applications will be able to make TwitchDrops notifications based on the preferences of the user or the discord server
    I'm sure it's easy to do and doesn't have any downsides.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Being able to activate an epileptic mode, to avoid animated emotes that cause epilepsy, since in the chat they can appear anywhere and I would like to be able to deactivate that, and if it could also be put for the broadcast of the streamer it would be a great help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?