Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

40 results found

1. Disabled streamers just don't get a fair shot at making it to "Partner". I have physical issues which have obviously created an unfair playing field to make the numbers required. Plenty of concern in here about that. Change this, Twitch. You're better than this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some people enjoy watching streams of games they enjoy/have an interest in purchasing but don't want to follow that specific channel (for whatever reason).
    However, there's a certain little pop-up that covers the bottom portion of the stream, pointing at the follow button, that says "Come here often? Come back to [insert Streamers name here] channel FASTER by hitting that follow button" (with a bunch of hands pointing down at the follow button like we can't see it).

See, some of us just want to watch a stream, chill out and not feel pressured to follow/sub/whatever and I wouldn't have…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Loud sounds with streamer store is hurting my, and probaly, others hearing
    Beeing someone who watchs streams all day long while using PC, I need to report that some streamers are using the Stream Store in chat to sell audios and sounds with external app linked to the chat store.
    I liked the Idea, but now I can watch some streams with this feature, because they are using rocket, fireworks and some loud sounds, this is hurting my hearing, so I NEED to close the stream I was watching and search for another one. I dont want to remove store…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As someone with a condition similar to Narcolepsy I am potentially subject to sleep attacks - without notable warning.

As far as i am aware, the current ToS would result in me being potentially banned should i have a sleep attack while streaming and not have a Mod in chat at that precise moment.

I am currently a small streamer (and while that reduces the likelihood of me being reported for 'unattended chat while streamer sleeps' it doesn't eliminate it - and that may change over time), and as such it is not always possible to have a mod lurking…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The mute button is discriminatory against people who can't speak. There are more than 1 million people who are mute. Calling the button as that term not only reduces their suffering to a button of convenience but also equates them to being worth nothing. Please change the name to '0 volume' or 'no volume'.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Twitch needs to be compliant with CVAA, plus adding text to speech functionality inside of chat and compatibility with screen readers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've noticed that closed captioning automatically filters swearing. To be honest, this is less than ideal. It assumes your hard of hearing and hearing impaired users need to have language filtered for them, to a standard which non-hearing impaired users don't. An important part is all language translated accurately as possible, otherwise you are directly deciding what language is more important for the disabled client. If a person wants to engage with streamers that swear it should be their choice whether or not they want to see that content, not chosen for them.

Please note: How to handle slurs within…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we expect font size, color contrast, bigger emote options and other disability accessibility features for the Twitch UI (especially on mobile) soon?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mute is a real disability and it's awful to make those people remember that they can't hear anything.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Neurological disease, Lou Gehrig's disease, Dystonia, Neuromyotonic. These are just a few issues people suffer from that are characterized by mild to severe muscle spasms, or "twitching." The community feels that the website name is a mischaracterization of a very common issue afflicting thousands of people who use the site. The name is ableist, offensive and disheartens many potential viewers and streamers.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I know alot of my diffculties with games or on here is not beign able to find things to make my experience enjoyible. It took me 5 days to figure out how to unsubscribe, or even find a chat bot, high contrast fonts, or the ability to text to read or a warning whomever engages with me, knows Im blind, because no one ever reads the profiles. to understand Im not going to behave or interact with them the same way as sighted streamers

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Problem:
    - Search for "declare yourself autistic twitch tv" and no expected results will come.

• The BIG issue:
      • TWTV has grown up and its too huge, there is not enough ppl on the earth that can track down what is being said, who is about to commit a crime, who is about to harass someone. That's why we should focus on the "system" itself. I am first focusing on the ppl with autism, the most sensible people, the others should be next.

Major characteristics for people at the classic side of the autism spectrum that can manifest on TWTV:
    -…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm experiencing an issue on Android 11 where the volume coming from any and all streams through the Twitch mobile app is distinctly quiet to the point of being inaudible unless I set my phone to max volume. This has caused intense usability and accessibility issues on my Android mobile phone as I have to set my phone to max volume to be able to hear any Twitch channel through speakers and/or headphones which causes intense pain when using any other sound/voice app such as Discord, messaging apps, etc. Is there a way the Twitch mobile app's volume can be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need you to understand something, Twitch. I am autistic. I have visual and audio hypersensitivity issues. When I go to look at VODs while the livestream is going, the livestream plays behind the VOD thumbnails. It defaults to playing with audio on. There does not even appear to be the basic option of a pause button. The only way to pause is to click the stream which brings it do the front, then pause, then hit the back button to get back to where you were.

I cannot stress enough how completely and utterly terrible this design is. I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The search form (and a few other forms) aren't screen reader friendly because they list the form title within the form which disappears as you start typing, stopping you from hearing the form title after entering text.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Those of us with chronic pain or other disabilities are not always able to keep a schedule that is consistent enough to apply for the org we program. The current requirements are built on able-bodies standards. There should be a way to include disabled folks who can’t stream on a set schedule and may need to take breaks from streaming, but stream consistently when they can and have good viewership and engagement when they do.

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I, along with many of my viewers, are having a hard time with the new Twitch dark mode, especially in the chat feed box.

The new look for the site is REALLY good. I want to emphasize this. Everything about it looks cleaner, more modern, and is more user friendly, except the dark mode color choices.

The 255 white on jet black background, with the bold-ish white font, is blinding even with monitor brightness turned down a bit. It doesn't do what dark mode needs to, where it dims out the whole screen but keeps things clearly legible. I put…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Greetings,
    My name is Brandon Cole, and I am a totally blind Twitch streamer and viewer, as well as an accessibility consultant for video games, and an advocate for accessibility for the blind. I am attempting to climb the ranks as a streamer, and have currently reached
    affiliate status. However, this is not without its struggles. I have been forced to commission a friend of mine to log into my Twitch account to export
    my videos to my Youtube channel. I've had to do this because the screen for exporting videos is not accessible with screen reading software. I have…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?